Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80187 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #660 on: May 10, 2017, 03:27:29 pm »

I'm still interested.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 10, 2017, 04:08:11 pm »

You guys still feeling this game? Just making sure since I'm closing a few games and replacing them so if you guys want to try other things, its a good time to shutter this game. But if you're still up for it, I'm game too.

I guess I'm still down for it, but I'm kinda starting to realize the way I like to play games and your style of GMing dont quite line up right.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #662 on: May 10, 2017, 04:25:29 pm »

You guys still feeling this game? Just making sure since I'm closing a few games and replacing them so if you guys want to try other things, its a good time to shutter this game. But if you're still up for it, I'm game too.

I guess I'm still down for it, but I'm kinda starting to realize the way I like to play games and your style of GMing dont quite line up right.
I think its the game more than the GM style. Try the genetics game thats coming up. It should allow all the chaotic murder and mutation you can handle.

Alright, I'll hit this and cabal up with updates soon. Have to do some studying of physics now.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 11, 2017, 03:38:16 am »

((I was delaying because I thought they were indestructable.  Eventually I probably would have tried to talk him into letting us get close.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #665 on: May 11, 2017, 07:41:26 pm »

((I like this game (surprise surprise), though I do think the last little stretch with the kid golems has been somewhat poor.  Lot of time spent with nobody doing much.))
Partially due to the character of the wizard in question.

"Sigh! Get back!" Marcus bellows, and charges in. Marcus attacks the being attacking Sigh

"I'll cover Fleshy!" Alanna calls. Alanna shoots the being attacking Fleshyus. Preferably in the leg as for the incapacitation.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
Marcus, what are you attacking with? Its important.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 11, 2017, 07:43:52 pm »

... Is it sharp weapons they're immune to?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 11, 2017, 07:46:55 pm »

Marcus, what are you attacking with? Its important.

Let's go with the gun.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 11, 2017, 07:47:54 pm »

((Seems like their defense mechanism is the vibration, which happens to be effective against thin pieces of material like blades compared to thicker pieces used for blunt weapons because of how the vibration transfers. Or that blunt force is more effective in general.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 11, 2017, 08:10:54 pm »

((I am not currently enjoying this game because I got deaded very suddenly and now can't play. :())

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #670 on: May 12, 2017, 08:41:20 am »

"Sigh! Get back!" Marcus bellows, and charges in. Marcus attacks the being attacking Sigh

"I'll cover Fleshy!" Alanna calls. Alanna shoots the being attacking Fleshyus. Preferably in the leg as for the incapacitation.

Gonna assume the big revolver, out of your two choices of things to shoot. [8][5]

Marcus pulls out his oversized revolver and takes a single good shot at the headless child. The bullet pierces dead center through the child's back and blows out through his chest like a grenade. The child stands there for a moment, frozen, before it tumbles over and breaks like fragile china.  Alanna follows suit, putting a round straight into the remaining child's pelvis. Its lower body shatters but its upper body continues to crawl forward on its remaining arm.

Duck out of the ring and stab one of the standing children through the heart.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
There are no standing children anymore, so you charge the one on the ground. You heft your blade up and stab it down at the grounded monster. The blade hits right between its shoulder blades and a shower of sparks erupts. Your blade screeches in protest, the metal twisting and being rent apart before the tip of the blade shatters into pieces

"FLEYSHIUS!  SAVE ME!"

Sigh will happily take Marcus' advice and flee like mad.  Not into a building, just generally away.  Oh, and just to make sure, those numbers were damage, yes?  I feel unsure because "arm exploding into blood" seems a little more serious than 3 HP damage.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)
Fleyshius will tear a strip of his clothing off before running down Sigh and using the strip of clothing and one of the tire irons to put a tornoquit on whats left Sighs his arm. Sigh! Fleyshius turns towards the child trying to grind him to mince meat. YOU BASTARDS HOW DARE YOU WOUND A KINGSMAN!.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigh takes off with Fleyshius right behind him. They both sprint over the nearest dune and hide behind it. Fleyshius uses some of his clothing and his tire iron to tightly bind sigh's arm and stop the bleeding. Sigh's arm is badly hurt, skin and muscle cut to the bone in dozens of places. It's gonna have to be carefully looked after or it might never work properly again.

Bill sighs as he notices the situation in town devolve into a shitfest. "Fucking idiots. They've probably pissed off the wizard now." He mutters as he thinks of a way to save them if necessary.

What happened to the other children? I want to know if my summon senses picked anything up, especially how they moved along that magnetic field, and any fluctuation that would have signalled a lapse in their invulnerability, since it seems they can be hurt now. Also, did that window of vulnerability close when they started moving fast enough to shred sigh's arm? If the statues are still vulnerable and the others didn't manage to deal with them, get in there with my summons and golem and smash the statues to pieces, possibly using my golem as a club if necessary. Use my golem to block any attempts to touch me by the statue kids. If the statues aren't vulnerable, charge one of the metal acorns with "Disrupt", envisioning it being able to disrupt whatever spell is animating the statues, or disrupt their connection to the magnetic field, and try to throw it into one of the openings on one of the statues. Still use my golem to block any attacks by the statue kids. And be prepared to flee on my summons outside the magnetic field if something stronger shows up that my/my summons instincts/reasoning tell me I can't handle.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
The other children have moved far away, far enough away that the only way you can see them is their connection to the magnetic field. The field remains strong and unwavering.  They weren't moving any faster than normal when they shredded sigh's arm, it looked like they just touched him normally and their touch did it. You run in and, rather than having one your summons do it, you pick up the golem and smash the remaining child with it. [4] The child's chest crushes inward and it goes quiet and still.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 12, 2017, 10:16:43 pm »

Marcus surveys the situation, ready to shoot at any moment. "Is everyone accounted for!? Marcus is unharmed!"

"I'm good!" Alanna replies, peering around. "I think those two just leaped behind a dune."

"Ugh. Marcus hates getting sand in wounds. Itches like crazy!"

"Whatever. That shitlord needs to die, I'm thinking."

"Marcus agrees. That life is unnatural. Whatever was left of children's minds are gone; they are but puppets of a delusional mad-thing."

"Right. Bill, Beethro, what do you think?"

Temp action: Marcus and Alanna Overwatch for teleporting children and miscellanious threats. Put bullets into any that appear. Marcus uses rifle for this purpose.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:09:59 pm by Dermonster »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 12, 2017, 10:27:00 pm »

"I think I need another sword."

"So the gun worked?"

Change clips on the rifle.  Continue moving with the rest.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:16:21 am by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #673 on: May 15, 2017, 03:36:31 pm »

Don't make me find you...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 15, 2017, 04:23:06 pm »

((Been travelling since Friday. Was waiting for somebody else to post so it would show up on my unread replies as a reminder.))

"We need to keep moving, before the wizard sends anything else. The only way he could manage what he's done so far is if he had old world artifacts or was an old world wizard."

Get the spider hooked up to the cart, ride on my snakescorpion, and let's keep going. If possible, move outside the magnetic field and follow its edge towards the center to limit the amount of time we are vulnerable to teleporting statue children. Keep using my and my summons' senses to avoid traps, ambushes, and other dangers.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53