Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80198 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #645 on: May 02, 2017, 10:26:14 pm »

Keep watching through summon senses. Add "Control" onto my golem as well, placing my hand on its forehead and willing the magic to form a connection with it like the one I have with my summons that lets me control them.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #646 on: May 04, 2017, 08:21:04 am »

I'd have thought being assaulted would awaken some actions in people.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 04, 2017, 08:24:59 am »

Well, are they attacking? As far as I can tell, they just teleported like a villain from a jumpscare horror game.

Also, you know, there's that bit from earlier when we tried to attack and the guy was invulnerable?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 04, 2017, 10:51:33 am »

There might be something that can be done with the metal tents, but those are by the cart, and my character technically doesn't know that.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 04, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »

"AAHHHHHH!"

AHHH SHOOT SHOOT THE CORPSE THEN SHOOT THE KID THEN RUN OH GOD JUST DON'T DIE

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #650 on: May 04, 2017, 10:12:19 pm »

Well, are they attacking? As far as I can tell, they just teleported like a villain from a jumpscare horror game.

Also, you know, there's that bit from earlier when we tried to attack and the guy was invulnerable?
Well, not attacked but they did teleport over to your face and start screaming at you.  Also sy seems to have escalated the situation.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 05, 2017, 11:22:54 am »

the sound of the gunshot seems to snap fleyshius out of it. He begins to swing his tire iron about screaming, I didn't kill them I say, it was the damn wizard!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #652 on: May 07, 2017, 12:21:29 pm »

Keep watching through summon senses. Add "Control" onto my golem as well, placing my hand on its forehead and willing the magic to form a connection with it like the one I have with my summons that lets me control them.

You place a finger tip onto the golem and burn a tiny mark of control into it. You lose another point of Mind, this one only temporarily. It will follow your commands now, but is not very precise or intelligent. It is a remote control toy with limited actions.

"AAHHHHHH!"

AHHH SHOOT SHOOT THE CORPSE THEN SHOOT THE KID THEN RUN OH GOD JUST DON'T DIE

Sigh acreams, a noise very familiar to everyone involved, and then shoots the body he is standing over. The bullet punches through the corpse's head like a wicker basket, a dry cacophany of cracking and inward collapsing. It seems to do nothing to the children around them. He screams again, and this time shoots at the children themselves. He hits one in the shoulder and its white flesh shatters like porcelain. Its arm is blown completely off, creating a jagged stump, and revealing a hollow inside packed with ash.

the sound of the gunshot seems to snap fleyshius out of it. He begins to swing his tire iron about screaming, I didn't kill them I say, it was the damn wizard!

[3]
Fleshiyus Joins Sigh in his screaming, and lashes out with his tire iron. He slams it straight into the forehead of one of the children and the creature's head shatters like a vase, spilling ash out all over the ground and the creature itself. But the child remains on its feet.

The children scream out, almost as though in terror, and vanish. All except the ones that were injured. They lurch forward on tiny legs and reach out for their attackers. The one with the lost arm grabs at Sigh, catching him by the wrist with its tiny hand. The instant its pale flesh touches Sigh's, there is an eruption of blood. [4-1] The creature runs its hand up Sigh's arm and anything it touches reacts as though it was jammed straight into a blender. His arm practically bursts, a thousand knife cuts coming into existance in a quarter of a second. Fleshius [2-1] sees this happen a moment before the child he just smashed tries to hug him. He dodges back out of the way and its fingers only just brush against him, raising a line of shallow cuts across his chest.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 07, 2017, 12:39:21 pm »

"Sigh! Get back!" Marcus bellows, and charges in. Marcus attacks the being attacking Sigh

"I'll cover Fleshy!" Alanna calls. Alanna shoots the being attacking Fleshyus. Preferably in the leg as for the incapacitation.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 07, 2017, 01:30:46 pm »

Duck out of the ring and stab one of the standing children through the heart.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 07, 2017, 07:13:26 pm »

"FLEYSHIUS!  SAVE ME!"

Sigh will happily take Marcus' advice and flee like mad.  Not into a building, just generally away.  Oh, and just to make sure, those numbers were damage, yes?  I feel unsure because "arm exploding into blood" seems a little more serious than 3 HP damage.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 09, 2017, 05:47:39 pm »

Fleyshius will tear a strip of his clothing off before running down Sigh and using the strip of clothing and one of the tire irons to put a tornoquit on whats left Sighs his arm. Sigh! Fleyshius turns towards the child trying to grind him to mince meat. YOU BASTARDS HOW DARE YOU WOUND A KINGSMAN!.

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 09, 2017, 06:26:26 pm »

Bill sighs as he notices the situation in town devolve into a shitfest. "Fucking idiots. They've probably pissed off the wizard now." He mutters as he thinks of a way to save them if necessary.

What happened to the other children? I want to know if my summon senses picked anything up, especially how they moved along that magnetic field, and any fluctuation that would have signalled a lapse in their invulnerability, since it seems they can be hurt now. Also, did that window of vulnerability close when they started moving fast enough to shred sigh's arm? If the statues are still vulnerable and the others didn't manage to deal with them, get in there with my summons and golem and smash the statues to pieces, possibly using my golem as a club if necessary. Use my golem to block any attempts to touch me by the statue kids. If the statues aren't vulnerable, charge one of the metal acorns with "Disrupt", envisioning it being able to disrupt whatever spell is animating the statues, or disrupt their connection to the magnetic field, and try to throw it into one of the openings on one of the statues. Still use my golem to block any attacks by the statue kids. And be prepared to flee on my summons outside the magnetic field if something stronger shows up that my/my summons instincts/reasoning tell me I can't handle.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #658 on: May 10, 2017, 03:14:27 pm »

You guys still feeling this game? Just making sure since I'm closing a few games and replacing them so if you guys want to try other things, its a good time to shutter this game. But if you're still up for it, I'm game too.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 10, 2017, 03:25:21 pm »

This one I'm more attached to, but I can't speak for the other players.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53