Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80174 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #630 on: April 25, 2017, 08:06:47 pm »

Gone for a freaking week or something and Bill is still quiet.

Why is it that whenever I get super powerful characters in games they end up being quiet?

Except RC.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 25, 2017, 11:38:40 pm »

Keep watching through summon senses. Maybe try to turn my lead bar into a golem if that wouldn't split my attention too much from observing things through my summons senses.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #632 on: April 26, 2017, 05:20:33 pm »

"I don't mean now, I mean before all this.  Was the death of a child what got you started on this path?"

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
"I didn't die." The voice says again, echoing this time.

"They weren't corpses before. And surely? You mean you do not know? How can you say they are better when you do not know? I know that there are corpses where once there was life that could grow and experience the world. And you took that from them."

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
"They were corpses when we found them.  Would you make them corpses again?"

Fleyshius hops up still quietly weeping, and asks.
But how did all this happen? How did they all die?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Some were sick. Some got hurt. Some were wizards and got killed. Its not fair."

Keep watching through summon senses. Maybe try to turn my lead bar into a golem if that wouldn't split my attention too much from observing things through my summons senses.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

Remember, when casting a spell you have up to your wizard level worth of words to describe the spell, plus any physical actions you want to do to go with it. You have to tell me exactly how you'll do it and the word you'll say.

As things are the wizard seems pretty distracted by your teammates. He's not talkative, but he also doesn't seem willing to let a question go unanswered.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 28, 2017, 02:09:36 pm »

For the golem making: Hold the lead bar in my hands and bring it up to my mouth. Breath into it while whispering "Emet", willing the bar to take the shape of a small animal that can walk and fight. Maybe a tiny ankylosaur. It's a classic, sort of. But if "Emet" had no meaning, use "Golem" instead, willing it to be like a small ankylosaur that can walk and fight.

((Do you need me to repost my sheet, or will it still count from the previous action I posted?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #634 on: April 28, 2017, 05:16:57 pm »

OI!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 28, 2017, 05:34:37 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 28, 2017, 06:03:21 pm »

"Ah."

"We should bury these.  Did you know their names?"

Continue stalling, trying to get a handle on who this wizard is.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 29, 2017, 10:47:30 am »

Fleyshius hops up again. Hmm, and you, what happened to you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #638 on: April 29, 2017, 06:28:37 pm »

You guys can Just say pass, if you have nothing to do. But do say that otherwise I'm not sure if you don't want to act or just haven't posted yet.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 29, 2017, 06:38:38 pm »

Ah! apologies for the silence, then.

Pass

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 30, 2017, 07:46:09 am »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #641 on: May 01, 2017, 12:18:39 pm »

For the golem making: Hold the lead bar in my hands and bring it up to my mouth. Breath into it while whispering "Emet", willing the bar to take the shape of a small animal that can walk and fight. Maybe a tiny ankylosaur. It's a classic, sort of. But if "Emet" had no meaning, use "Golem" instead, willing it to be like a small ankylosaur that can walk and fight.

((Do you need me to repost my sheet, or will it still count from the previous action I posted?))
We don't use perplexicon words if thats your game here.

You hold the lead bar in your hands and whisper "Golem" to it while envisioning a tiny lead dinosaur. The magic flows from your lips like gold glitter drifting through water. It lands on the lead and sits on it for a second before drilling into the metal like larvae into soft and rotten wood. The bar distorts and changes form, like clay being sculpted by a child. The end form vaguely resembles the dinosaur you envisoned, but is very simplistic and a bit lumpy, lacking any details beyond the basic shape. But it is alive.

(-1 mind. This is permanent until this construct is destroyed or you choose to break the spell.)

"Ah."

"We should bury these.  Did you know their names?"

Continue stalling, trying to get a handle on who this wizard is.

"NO!" The children shout together, in a voice far larger then even their strange little bodies should produce.  "ONLY DEAD PEOPLE ARE BURIED! THEY ARE ALIVE! WE ARE ALIVE! LEAVE! LEAVE!"

They immediately vanish and appear in closer, no more than a few feet away from each of you and indeed scattered between the members of the party.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 01, 2017, 12:26:30 pm »

((Not Perplexicon, PW, it was a mythology reference. In the original legend of the Golem, the Rabbi that made it wrote "Emet", the Hebrew (Yiddish?) word for life, I think, across its forehead to animate it. And then to kill it he erased the "E", leaving "met", the word for death.))
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:28:22 pm by Beirus »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 01, 2017, 04:13:27 pm »

"Augh! Fucking- Fuck!" Alannaa shrieks "Why are you so damn creepy!?"

"This is useless." Marcus barks, holding up his shield. "You say you did not kill them. Can you show us where the thing that did is?"

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:24:08 am by Dermonster »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 01, 2017, 04:34:12 pm »

"It is so.  I shall leave if that is your desire.  May I examine this fine town first, though?  It reminds me of Dugandy, my home.."

((quick guys, get out the metal tents to cut them off.))
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53