Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80179 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #615 on: April 12, 2017, 09:31:26 pm »

Alanna shudders. The resonance in their voices, the blank stares, the utter lack of movement.

What the hell had she gotten into?

Marcus merely stared at the stone faced children, his own expression carved out of marble.

"Marcus has questions. What do you do, in this white?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 14, 2017, 07:08:09 am »

Keep the conversation meandering.  Look for Bill and try to see if he knows where the wizard is.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 14, 2017, 01:32:55 pm »

Keep watching and making sure nothing sneaks up on us, other than the children that are already there. Use my intelligence to ponder how the wizard could be exerting his control through that magnetic beacon, and what his end game is. Not just spreading the white, but how he would do it.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:39:32 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 14, 2017, 04:24:34 pm »

Stand still, stay silent.  Keep the gun ready and trained on the corpse, keep Fleyshius in peripheral vision.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 15, 2017, 12:49:54 pm »

Fleyshius is now sobbing and screams back at the child I tried to keep them safe, I truelly did. But the others wouldn't let me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #620 on: April 15, 2017, 04:14:17 pm »

Alanna shudders. The resonance in their voices, the blank stares, the utter lack of movement.

What the hell had she gotten into?

Marcus merely stared at the stone faced children, his own expression carved out of marble.

"Marcus has questions. What do you do, in this white?"

"We are safe. And we are together." The children say, shifting from speaking individual words to speaking together as a great, deafening chorus.

Keep watching and making sure nothing sneaks up on us, other than the children that are already there. Use my intelligence to ponder how the wizard could be exerting his control through that magnetic beacon, and what his end game is. Not just spreading the white, but how he would do it.

You think about this whole series of events very carefully. None of it makes sense from the perspective of a normal wizard; keeping these child things moving, spreading this wasteland, they're both permanent enchantments or he'd have to be actively maintaining them the whole time.  Permananet enchantments, like the ice on your sword or your summons, are something only the old world wizards could do. No modern wizard can make an effect last unless they actively concentrate on it.  That means that either this wizard is using some kind of old world magical artifact to do these things, or whatever is waiting for you at the center of this place is an old world wizard. The first is a dangerous situation full of unknowns; like a cornered animal. The second situation...well...if thats the case then the best course of action would be turning and fleeing this place immediately.

How he's controlling them you can't be exactly certain, but if its magnetic in origin then there may be some way to disrupt it. Maybe metal?  His endgame is beyond your reckoning. But if he can control these creatures then spreading the stone of this wasteland seems very possible.

Keep the conversation meandering.  Look for Bill and try to see if he knows where the wizard is.

Bill is just standing around, apparently deep in thought. But he's also quite a bit away from the otherwise encircled group. You try your best to keep an eye on him without alerting the children to the fact that he's out there. Assuming they don't already know.

Fleyshius is now sobbing and screams back at the child I tried to keep them safe, I truelly did. But the others wouldn't let me.

"No one is safe out there. People are not safe. Grown-ups are mean. Kids cannot protect themselves. I will protect them. I can keep them safe, even when they're dead. We're together here."

"Are you going to stay or are you going to leave?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 15, 2017, 04:25:34 pm »

"Together, yes. Safe, maybe. But what do you do? Marcus rumbles. Alanna glances at him, but remains focused on the apparitions. "From Marcuses perspective, all you are doing is a whole bunch of nothing. Together, safe... but are you happy? Can you feel joy? Do you even feel anything at all?"
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 17, 2017, 06:47:17 pm »

"Have you lost a child?"

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:20:08 pm by Devastator »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 17, 2017, 07:15:10 pm »

Keep watching with senses and ponder if my meager magic would be enough to cause a significant disruption in the magnetic field or the wizard's control by magnetizing the metal acorns and scattering them or shoving them into the marble mockeries.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 17, 2017, 09:22:39 pm »

A bit too terrified to actually do anything beyond hold a gun on a corpse.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #625 on: April 19, 2017, 07:15:35 am »

"Together, yes. Safe, maybe. But what do you do? Marcus rumbles. Alanna glances at him, but remains focused on the apparitions. "From Marcuses perspective, all you are doing is a whole bunch of nothing. Together, safe... but are you happy? Can you feel joy? Do you even feel anything at all?"
The voice that speaks to you is different; deeper, slower, like bubbling tar, and it comes from only one body.

"A corpse feels little joy. What happiness they have is surely greater."

"Have you lost a child?"

"No child is lost here. I will keep the old covenant."

Keep watching with senses and ponder if my meager magic would be enough to cause a significant disruption in the magnetic field or the wizard's control by magnetizing the metal acorns and scattering them or shoving them into the marble mockeries.

[3]
You consider the plan carefully. Magnetizing these acorns is within your power, and it might temporarily interfere with the control of these creatures. But it would be temporary and you'd have to get them very close. Probably hit the child things with them, you couldn't just throw them in like a flash bang.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 19, 2017, 08:10:24 am »

"I don't mean now, I mean before all this.  Was the death of a child what got you started on this path?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 19, 2017, 12:05:42 pm »

"They weren't corpses before. And surely? You mean you do not know? How can you say they are better when you do not know? I know that there are corpses where once there was life that could grow and experience the world. And you took that from them."

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 20, 2017, 11:18:14 pm »

Fleyshius hops up still quietly weeping, and asks.
But how did all this happen? How did they all die?

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 22, 2017, 09:46:13 pm »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53