Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80169 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #600 on: April 05, 2017, 01:14:11 am »

Examine one of the ones that are mostly bones to see if I can see if anything was placed inside the chest.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 05, 2017, 02:15:01 pm »

"This place gives me a bad feeling. We should keep going."

I'm gonna go with my gut on this one and back away with my summons to somewhere less ominous where I can still keep an eye on the others. Also keep sensing for threats or anything else unusual.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #602 on: April 06, 2017, 10:53:14 pm »

Can our bromance pair please post?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 06, 2017, 10:55:57 pm »

I was waiting on MJ, but I suppose writing "Do nothing" before I see his post doesn't actually make any difference.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 07, 2017, 03:34:20 pm »

fleyshius steels himself, before marching into the town and examine the bodies. After a solid minute of sobbing he will tearfully hug one of the bodies and try to bury it.
((Really sorry, thought I'd already made an action))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:21:53 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 07, 2017, 06:16:18 pm »

((Steel))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #606 on: April 09, 2017, 01:05:26 pm »

Examine one of the ones that are mostly bones to see if I can see if anything was placed inside the chest.

You walk over to one of the more skeletal bodies and kneel down next to it. You squint, looking to see if there's anything in the chest that is...out of place. The organs have shrunk down to shriveled brown lumps and there's little left of the skin or muscle. [16/10] you don't see anything out of place, either added or missing. Admittedly you're thankfully not too familiar with the desicated innards of dead children, so its possible you could be overlooking something.

fleyshius steels himself, before marching into the town and examine the bodies. After a solid minute of sobbing he will tearfully hug one of the bodies and try to bury it.
((Really sorry, thought I'd already made an action))
"This place gives me a bad feeling. We should keep going."

I'm gonna go with my gut on this one and back away with my summons to somewhere less ominous where I can still keep an eye on the others. Also keep sensing for threats or anything else unusual.

Fleshyius' joins Beethro in examining the bodies, albiet with far less composure. [12/13] He's surpressing a sob when he suddenly notices something in the chest of one of the skeletal body that Beethro is observing. He Grabs Beethro by the shoulders and shakes him before pointing at the body in horror.

"There's no heart! NO HEART!" he shouts as he points at the crudely severed aorta and vena cavas.

He then shoves Beethro away and scoops the body up with a harrowing cry of disgust and sadness. Bill, who has had his back to the whole affair and was slowly walking away, spins around and shouts back at the rest of the group.  He's far enough away that his words are incomprehensible in their meaning, but the urgent tone is still evident. At once, everyone around the bodies looks up and around them. The white fleshed child from last night is back, standing on a rooftop just  beside them. And on the roof next to him are two more children. And then another handful next to them. In all there's maybe a dozen of them  not encircling the group and staring down at them. Each child is different and its plain to see that some of them resemble some of the lesser decomposed corpses.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 09, 2017, 05:25:23 pm »

((Ah, so the wizard is voodooing the children corpses by using their hearts as remote controllers. Neat!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 09, 2017, 05:27:22 pm »

"It's always something."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2017, 06:09:51 pm »

"Marcus is getting sick of voodoo bullshit already."

"This is getting more and more disgusting. What the hell do you want, you cryptic bastard!?"

... Uh, be ready to fire guns if conflict starts, I suppose.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2017, 11:34:32 pm »

Rush over to Fleyshius and the corpses, then jam my gun's barrel against the head of one of the corpses that looks like one of the roof kids.  Fire if anything particularly dangerous happens, like the kids attacking, and watch the corresponding child.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2017, 11:45:01 pm »

No point in barging in and aggravating the situation. Keep an eye out for the wizard or anything that might try to surprise attack one of us using the assorted senses I have access to.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 10, 2017, 12:54:06 am »

Push at one of the corpses with my foot to see if it is static like the kid was earlier.  Get my sword out and hold it southeast, as per smitemaster traition, and ready for combat.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 11, 2017, 10:37:53 pm »

Fleyshius is clearlly horrified by this and takes several steps back. Alternating between wanting to smite the unholy thing and torn between his natural distress over seeing the dead children. In the end he settles on waiting until these children prove to be either unholy devils or simply sadend souls.

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #614 on: April 12, 2017, 09:03:17 pm »

Rush over to Fleyshius and the corpses, then jam my gun's barrel against the head of one of the corpses that looks like one of the roof kids.  Fire if anything particularly dangerous happens, like the kids attacking, and watch the corresponding child.

Sigh acts quickly and with uncharacteristic clarity and violent determination. He doesn't say anything, he simply rushes past Fleshyius and over to the nearest corpse that he can tell definitely corresponds to a child. He presses the barrel of his gun against the corpse's head and looks up at the child he assumes it is connected to. The connected child does not flinch or react in any way. It simply stares.

Push at one of the corpses with my foot to see if it is static like the kid was earlier.  Get my sword out and hold it southeast, as per smitemaster traition, and ready for combat.

Beethro quietly shoves a corpse with the tip of his boot, while seriptitously watching the child that it seems to be connected to. The child is not effected in any way, at least as far as he can see, but the corpse moves without any more than the normal resistance of its weight. He sighs, and unshethes his sword, holding it out in a familiar stance.

No point in barging in and aggravating the situation. Keep an eye out for the wizard or anything that might try to surprise attack one of us using the assorted senses I have access to.

Bill stays back, doing his best to hide behind a dune while also scanning the horizon with any and all senses he can muster. The magnetic resonance in the distance has solidified into a solid beam and he can sense an aura of it around those child things. The two are definitely connected and it seems as though the intensification of one is connected to the movements of the other. But the wizard who must be controlling it is nowhere to be seen.

Fleyshius is clearlly horrified by this and takes several steps back. Alternating between wanting to smite the unholy thing and torn between his natural distress over seeing the dead children. In the end he settles on waiting until these children prove to be either unholy devils or simply sadend souls.

"Marcus is getting sick of voodoo bullshit already."

"This is getting more and more disgusting. What the hell do you want, you cryptic bastard!?"

... Uh, be ready to fire guns if conflict starts, I suppose.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

"They" The children speak, not together but individually, each body speaking one word before another speaks the next,"Died.  I made them better. I made them safe. The white is safe. People aren't safe. They aren't nice. I will spread the white and make everyone safe. Do you want to be safe?"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53