Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80133 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #525 on: March 05, 2017, 08:12:13 pm »

Sigh continues to hang off Fleyshius' arm, lightly tugging him away from the monster.  An incessant stream of hushed begging pours from him, his face increasingly panicked as he realizes that his words are likely futile. "We should run, we need to run, Fleyshius pleeease!  It's magic, it's danger, it's coming!"

Stay near Fleyshius, and hope he at least takes cover.  Aim at the beast, and be prepared to shoot it if it attacks.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 05, 2017, 08:36:59 pm »

"It's not moving. What is it waiting for?"

"Marcus does not know, but what Marcus does know is that we shall fear no shadow!"

Marcus stands at the ready, full defensive action locked in! if the beast makes a move, use Taunt.

Alanna is on Overwatch. If it makes a move, shoot it!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 06, 2017, 07:41:53 am »

Reload the rifle.  Fire if it approaches or someone else fires.

"Okay creature, that's close enough."

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #528 on: March 06, 2017, 11:23:40 am »

Keep track of the thing with summon senses and make sure nothing else sneaks up on us. Move behind cover if not behind cover already and see if its stare follows me specifically, and if breaking line of sight stops it.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #529 on: March 07, 2017, 06:03:55 pm »

Any action here midnight?

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 07, 2017, 06:15:26 pm »

Ah sorry. Busy weekend.

Fleyshius scrambles for cover and draws his pistol as he aims at the beast.

What vile fiend is this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #531 on: March 09, 2017, 11:03:40 pm »

Sigh continues to hang off Fleyshius' arm, lightly tugging him away from the monster.  An incessant stream of hushed begging pours from him, his face increasingly panicked as he realizes that his words are likely futile. "We should run, we need to run, Fleyshius pleeease!  It's magic, it's danger, it's coming!"

Stay near Fleyshius, and hope he at least takes cover.  Aim at the beast, and be prepared to shoot it if it attacks.

Ah sorry. Busy weekend.

Fleyshius scrambles for cover and draws his pistol as he aims at the beast.

What vile fiend is this?

Sigh and Fleyshius scamper away from the group, half running, half skittering on all fours, and dive behind the nearest dune. Fleyshius crawls back up to the top of the dune and points his pistol at the distant shape while Sigh cowers down near his feet covering his head and whining continuously. He clings to Fleyshius' leg like a frightened child and has to resist gnawing on the nearest finger or limb out of nervous habit.

"It's not moving. What is it waiting for?"

"Marcus does not know, but what Marcus does know is that we shall fear no shadow!"

Marcus stands at the ready, full defensive action locked in! if the beast makes a move, use Taunt.

Alanna is on Overwatch. If it makes a move, shoot it!
Reload the rifle.  Fire if it approaches or someone else fires.

"Okay creature, that's close enough."

Alanna and Marcus both step forward; though Marcus makes sure to keep himself between the distant shadow and his daughter. Alanna tries to use his shoulder as a bipod for a moment but Marcus is too busy bouncing on his toes to provide a stable firing position. He bounces and bobs and weaves like a boxer, twirling his weapon whispering taunts out into the cold night air. Beethro spends a few moments to reload his rifle and then joins Alanna, kneeling down and resting his arm on his knee to take better aim at the distant target.

Keep track of the thing with summon senses and make sure nothing else sneaks up on us. Move behind cover if not behind cover already and see if its stare follows me specifically, and if breaking line of sight stops it.

Bill slinks away from the group and hides behind one of the nearby dunes, lying prone against the cold white stone and concentrating on the world around him through his summons.  He feels the thing's stare, not on him specifically but encompassing the entire group. For an instant, he can feel it encompassing the entire area around them, as though its flashlight beam of attention had become a burning magnesium flare, flooding the world with blindingly hostile intent. And then it's gone; not just that stare but the entire feeling. What had been a crushing, dreadful presence vanished into thin air in an instant. Bill drags himself up to the top of the dune and looks out with his eyes and those of his summons. There's nothing on the horizon anymore.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 09, 2017, 11:31:35 pm »

"... Well, that was anticlimactic."

"Aw. Marcus was looking forward to putting another head on his wall."

"We don't have a wall? Or heads??"

"Yes, and it is a grand crime. How will Marcus ever have good conversation without wall full of heads?"

Alanna sighs. "Hey guys, which way are we going, now?"
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 10, 2017, 10:47:40 am »

"Well, that was weird."

"You know, Marcus, we do have a building in the cathedral.  No reason we can't record our adventures somewhere inside it."

I suppose we should continue going?  And that encounter was after another day of travel?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 11, 2017, 12:41:59 am »

Sigh'll just stay near Fleyshius, watching wherever he doesn't watch, pointing his rifle frantically at anything that moves.  For the whole night and day.

Spoiler: @MJ (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #535 on: March 11, 2017, 10:46:52 am »

"Well, that was weird."

"You know, Marcus, we do have a building in the cathedral.  No reason we can't record our adventures somewhere inside it."

I suppose we should continue going?  And that encounter was after another day of travel?

That was after a day of travel, yes.

It's currently like 1 AM, so you can keep going, but you're gonna be pretty tired.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 11, 2017, 10:54:27 am »

reuten to the tent and sleep for a couple of hours. If he wakes up, then he'll try to reliev sighs watch.

What a strange creature. Well I'll take second watch if that's okay with you sigh.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:06:22 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 11, 2017, 12:05:34 pm »

"I'm goin' to sleep. I'll leave one of the summons on watch with whoever stays up. Don't attack it. That means you, scaredy man."

Get some sleep. Leave Tarantula on watch duty if it doesn't need to sleep or rest, otherwise have snakescorpion be on watch. If Tarantula isn't on watch, use it as fuzzy mattress.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 11, 2017, 12:09:42 pm »

Sleep it is. :v

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #539 on: March 11, 2017, 01:02:40 pm »

I'm going to save you guys some time here.

Everyone goes back to sleep, save for the tarantula who is left on watch duty. An hour or so passes and everyone is just starting to get some good rest when Bill bolts upright again. The feeling is back; the malevolent stare. He looks around before waking anyone up and sees the red-eyed shadow in the distance once again.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 53