Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80071 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #420 on: February 04, 2017, 09:15:07 am »

"Eh, Bill's a smart guy, he can figure out the harness stuff."
Alright, if you say so. Someone still needs to get the cart.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 04, 2017, 02:23:58 pm »

"We could probably hook the Tarantula up if we can find or make a proper
Figure out the harness stuff.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #422 on: February 06, 2017, 10:50:33 am »

"We could probably hook the Tarantula up if we can find or make a proper
Figure out the harness stuff.

[1]
After some thinking and considering of the size and shape of your spidery friend, as well as the configuration of the cart, you come to the conclusion that the best method of combining the two would be similar to that used on a plow. Rather than  try to stick your spider between two rods, you can use a single wooden extension that harnesses to a lowered pull harness. It won't be as manuverable or responsive as a standard setup, and backing up won't be possible, but it will function just fine for pulling a cart.

So I've noticed we've got a lot of quiet people around here. Do I need to start holding hands and telling you what to do? Because I don't want you to just sit here because you feel not up to the task of planning your trip.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 06, 2017, 10:58:16 am »

"Man, this place is... a lot more dangerous than what I expected."

"Marcus is not worried! Armor and shield will protect from glass rain."

"I don't have a shield! What am I supposed to do?"

"That... is good point. Quickly, we can convice the others to buy tents and umbrellas."

"Suddenly I realize why having no money is a terrible thing."

"Is good lesson to learn! Perhaps a bit delayed."

QUickly, inform the others of the dangers of the wastes so they can buy all the needed stuff.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:25:51 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 06, 2017, 09:21:07 pm »

Go make the harness.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 07, 2017, 12:00:22 am »

((Not that much more to do.))

Meet up with marcus and talk about the dangers.

"You know, those flying things sound like wraithwings, although those just rip you to shreds and eat the pieces, as they aren't big enough to carry people off whole.  We're probably going to want a tent, and we should bring some extra torches, as we may have to move at night.

Purchase a cart, attempt to negotiate a good price for it.  Buy a metal tent, and anything needed to secure it to the ground (such as a rock hammer or pitons or such), although I'm thinking we may want to put it up like a covered wagon, and three spare torches.  Also include a jack or a lift to prop up the wagon corner, and a spare wheel.  If there is leftover money, buy two wax candles, preferrably in white, and up to two cheap poles or rods.

Oh, and ask bill if he can unsummon and resummon his creatures temporarily, or if we need an extra cover for them?

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:28:22 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 07, 2017, 12:13:48 am »

((My character just isn't the planning sort, and I'm fine with waiting.  I can do something if you'd like, though.))
yup

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #428 on: February 08, 2017, 11:07:47 am »

((My character just isn't the planning sort, and I'm fine with waiting.  I can do something if you'd like, though.))
yup
Thats fair. I'm just making sure the silence isn't the sort that seems to pervade when people are lost as to what to do next.

"Man, this place is... a lot more dangerous than what I expected."

"Marcus is not worried! Armor and shield will protect from glass rain."

"I don't have a shield! What am I supposed to do?"

"That... is good point. Quickly, we can convice the others to buy tents and umbrellas."

"Suddenly I realize why having no money is a terrible thing."

"Is good lesson to learn! Perhaps a bit delayed."

QUickly, inform the others of the dangers of the wastes so they can buy all the needed stuff.

Go make the harness.

((Not that much more to do.))

Meet up with marcus and talk about the dangers.

"You know, those flying things sound like wraithwings, although those just rip you to shreds and eat the pieces, as they aren't big enough to carry people off whole.  We're probably going to want a tent, and we should bring some extra torches, as we may have to move at night.

Purchase a cart, attempt to negotiate a good price for it.  Buy a metal tent, and anything needed to secure it to the ground (such as a rock hammer or pitons or such), although I'm thinking we may want to put it up like a covered wagon, and three spare torches.  Also include a jack or a lift to prop up the wagon corner, and a spare wheel.  If there is leftover money, buy two wax candles, preferrably in white, and up to two cheap poles or rods.

Oh, and ask bill if he can unsummon and resummon his creatures temporarily, or if we need an extra cover for them?

I'm running out of time this morning to post so we're gonna assume two things

1. the harness gets made for 2 silver.
2. The cart gets bought for 8 silver, metal tent for 1 silver (along with securing stuff), and 3 torches for 30 copper. Jack for 1 silver and spare wheel for 1 silver. Wax candles and rods are 20 copper.

Assuming these prices are able to be paid and acceptable, I think you're ready. Unless you have more to buy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 08, 2017, 12:01:33 pm »

((Can I unsummon and resummon  my creatures, or do I need some tarp/tents for them?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 08, 2017, 01:45:50 pm »

((Can I unsummon and resummon  my creatures, or do I need some tarp/tents for them?

(Rules say no.  Supplies drained me of cash, so you'll probably have to buy the other tent.  I'd assume you can do so without a roll, so if you'd like one, just take the money out and I'll add it to the cart supplies.)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)

I think purchases are done, except bill might want another metal tarp for the summons, so..

Lets head out.  I say we head in for three day's travel to begin with, as we should be able to carry enough to walk out should some disaster happen.  Lets stay off the crests except to plan out the paths to make it slightly less obvious where we are, but out of the bottom of valleys to avoid the flash floods, and to leave us closer to high ground should we need it.

(Overall plan I was thinking of setting up a camp and exploring out from there, but with the flying creatures and flash floods, we probably shouldn't leave unattended supplies around.  I'm also thinking about what they're doing, which is releasing children to walk back to the cathedral, while staying out of range of any travellers.  Three days should be far enough for that.  I don't have a solid plan overall, though, and am not sure if we should search the parts closer to the cathedral, or go deep in.  Any ideas?)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #431 on: February 09, 2017, 09:41:31 am »

As Said above me, no. Grimoires are one shot summons; you can bring them out and keep them around but once they die or are desummoned, you can't resummon them. Otherwise they're too powerful. And they're already very powerful.

(Rules say no.  Supplies drained me of cash, so you'll probably have to buy the other tent.  I'd assume you can do so without a roll, so if you'd like one, just take the money out and I'll add it to the cart supplies.)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)

I think purchases are done, except bill might want another metal tarp for the summons, so..

Lets head out.  I say we head in for three day's travel to begin with, as we should be able to carry enough to walk out should some disaster happen.  Lets stay off the crests except to plan out the paths to make it slightly less obvious where we are, but out of the bottom of valleys to avoid the flash floods, and to leave us closer to high ground should we need it.

(Overall plan I was thinking of setting up a camp and exploring out from there, but with the flying creatures and flash floods, we probably shouldn't leave unattended supplies around.  I'm also thinking about what they're doing, which is releasing children to walk back to the cathedral, while staying out of range of any travellers.  Three days should be far enough for that.  I don't have a solid plan overall, though, and am not sure if we should search the parts closer to the cathedral, or go deep in.  Any ideas?)
So you're one day away from the wastes. Was the idea to travel 2 days into the wastes and make camp or travel to the edge of the wastes and make camp?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 09, 2017, 10:21:39 am »

"Marcus thinks camp should be at edge. The less time spent where glass rains from sky, the better."

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:25:41 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 09, 2017, 04:11:03 pm »

Buy the harness for two silver. Go buy another metal tent for a silver if its big enough to hold the Tarantula and Snakescorpion. If it isn't big enough, buy two tents.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #434 on: February 10, 2017, 12:05:53 am »

Buy the harness for two silver. Go buy another metal tent for a silver if its big enough to hold the Tarantula and Snakescorpion. If it isn't big enough, buy two tents.

Yeah, you can get one big enough. More of a big metal sheet on metal poles that you can set up to hide under, but it's effective.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53