Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80077 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #405 on: January 31, 2017, 04:16:50 pm »

"If ya'll want to eat, you better bring your own food. And maybe a bit more besides, I dont have enough for me and dad, and we're out of cash. Man, I really did not expect we'd need this much shit."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 31, 2017, 05:24:04 pm »

"Well, you see, the problem with that is that I'm fuckin broke."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 01, 2017, 12:17:04 am »

"Well, I still have money.  Lessee, five people, we'll probably need about thirty or forty days worth total, so hundred and fifty to two hundred days of supplies."

Find out how much food 32 silver brings, and if it's enough for thirty days of supplies, break the red disk.  If not, I'll change for the green mission as that'll probably be a bit cheaper, even buying a couple antidotes.

"If we got enough, I'd like a couple more things, like another torch, and a few candles.  Hopefully they have white coloured wax here.  And maybe some poles and coloured cloth scraps."

"And we'll need water too, maybe."

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 01, 2017, 12:20:48 am »

"It's about 10 copper per meal. I only purchased ten, partway because I needed med kits, partway because food is heavy."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #409 on: February 01, 2017, 09:23:54 am »

"Well, I still have money.  Lessee, five people, we'll probably need about thirty or forty days worth total, so hundred and fifty to two hundred days of supplies."

Find out how much food 32 silver brings, and if it's enough for thirty days of supplies, break the red disk.  If not, I'll change for the green mission as that'll probably be a bit cheaper, even buying a couple antidotes.

"If we got enough, I'd like a couple more things, like another torch, and a few candles.  Hopefully they have white coloured wax here.  And maybe some poles and coloured cloth scraps."

"And we'll need water too, maybe."

Well lets see, you can get 10 days of supplies for a silver, and there are 6 of you. That means you'll need 3 silver each for 30 days of food and water, so 18 silver for 30 days for all 6 people.

As such, you break the red wax disk.  As soon as you do so the other disks vanish from existence.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 01, 2017, 03:48:20 pm »

"Say, bill, do you think one of your summons could pull a cart?  We might need one to carry the supplies."

Negotiate the purchase of the supplies.  Ask about the marble wastes and if it's just an empty wasteland, or if there is any other threats to life on there.  Also, get a description of such.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 01, 2017, 04:16:45 pm »

I'll pay Dev back for whatever supplies I use when we get paid.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 01, 2017, 04:29:30 pm »

"We could probably hook the Tarantula up if we can find or make a proper harness. I want to keep the Snakescorpion with me. It senses are good for tracking and making sure we don't get ambushed."

Give Beethro 3 silver to cover my supplies for the trip.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 01, 2017, 11:47:56 pm »

"Don't worry about paying it back.  I'll just mark it down and knock it off the total pay should I survive.  Should I not survive, the amount of money I have on me upon dying is academic."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #414 on: February 02, 2017, 12:30:27 am »

I'll get you guys a turn tomorrow, its too late right now and I got an early morning.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #415 on: February 02, 2017, 10:40:26 pm »

"Say, bill, do you think one of your summons could pull a cart?  We might need one to carry the supplies."

Negotiate the purchase of the supplies.  Ask about the marble wastes and if it's just an empty wasteland, or if there is any other threats to life on there.  Also, get a description of such.
The shop keeper trades you 18 silver for 180 days worth of water and food, or 30 days, split 6 ways. The actual cargo itself takes up 10 wooden crates, too much to carry by yourself; even too much for the entire group to carry together by hand. Definitely going to need a cart for this; maybe not a crawler though if Bill's summons can pull it. When you ask the shop keeper about the marble wastes he says that he has no real information on it, but that the merchants the town trades with have to cross through part of it in order to reach the towns down south. If anyone would know about it, they would. He directs you to ask at the inn, where the merchants stay when they're in town.

"We could probably hook the Tarantula up if we can find or make a proper harness. I want to keep the Snakescorpion with me. It senses are good for tracking and making sure we don't get ambushed."

Give Beethro 3 silver to cover my supplies for the trip.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

You shove 3 coin's into Beethro's hand and don't accept any attempts to hand them back or deny the payment. Your honor won't allow it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 02, 2017, 10:56:39 pm »

"Aha! Marcus has gathered the supplies! We are good to go!"

"We've got ten more crates."

"What."

"Ey. Food is heavy, ya know?"

"Bah! Why would we need so much?"

"Do you know anything about the marble wastes?"

"Oh, is that where we are going? Augh! You need sunscreen! You'll flake like a fancy pastry!"

"I'll be fine, geeze. Anyway, If you don't know anything, I'm going to go trawl the inns and find out some stuff."

"Ah! good idea. Here is rifle. Just cleaned!"

"Why would I-"

"For shooting."

"... Well, I guess!?"

Time to info gather! To the inn! let's see what sorts of nasties and geological formations are out there.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 03, 2017, 01:00:55 am »

Meet up with Bill and discuss getting a cart, and a harness fit for his spider

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #418 on: February 03, 2017, 11:16:59 am »

"Aha! Marcus has gathered the supplies! We are good to go!"

"We've got ten more crates."

"What."

"Ey. Food is heavy, ya know?"

"Bah! Why would we need so much?"

"Do you know anything about the marble wastes?"

"Oh, is that where we are going? Augh! You need sunscreen! You'll flake like a fancy pastry!"

"I'll be fine, geeze. Anyway, If you don't know anything, I'm going to go trawl the inns and find out some stuff."

"Ah! good idea. Here is rifle. Just cleaned!"

"Why would I-"

"For shooting."

"... Well, I guess!?"

Time to info gather! To the inn! let's see what sorts of nasties and geological formations are out there.
Marcus and Alanna both head down to the inn, to pump what info they can out of the merchants there. There are a couple of them still hanging around at the bar, casualties of the feast or just enjoying their time before having to head back. Every single one you manage to get a coherent conversation out of tells you effectively the same thing: The marble wastes are not dissimilar to this place in many ways. They're made of some sort of white, hard material, not quite stone but something like it. And smooth, shaped like sand dunes or stormy water that's been frozen in place. The traders walk the outside edge of the area because the outside edge is relatively safe compared to the other places around it; the wastes are home to strange creatures but they mostly stay to the interior.  When asked about what these things are or look like, they don't provide any better clues than friend of a friend stories about things that came screeching out of the dark at night and carried away caravan guards. Nothing specific.  The more practical information they give you is regarding survival; the ground doesn't absorb water so low areas can flood quickly during rain, and powerful rivers can pour out of nowhere and sweep you away. There's no natural cover either, in the case of bladefalls or glitter fluid rain, so some sort of armored tent or metal umbrella is useful. Temperature varies wildly depending on the time of day, freezing at night and burning at noon. There are supposedly nomads that live in the wastes, but they're semi-legendary so don't rely on seeing them. There are lesser beasts too, animals of a sort, but they're tough as nails and coated in white carapace.

Meet up with Bill and discuss getting a cart, and a harness fit for his spider

A cart is easy enough; might even be able to talk the mayor or someone into giving you one. Or at least a discount on one. The harness is gonna be a little harder: Most harnessable animals are rather...linear in their configurations. Horse or donkey is a tube with legs in line, easy to stick two struts next to and build a harness. Spider is radial, a body with a bunch of legs in all directions, big and round and flat. Building a harness for it will involve some rather clever design work and probably modifications on the cart itself.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 03, 2017, 06:35:59 pm »

"Eh, Bill's a smart guy, he can figure out the harness stuff."
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 53