Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 79931 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2017, 12:32:50 am »

Stay down until the summons enter the fray.  Then get them in the back while they're distracted with the bigguns.  If someone steps over me, cheese hiding and go for the groin stab.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2017, 12:40:45 am »

Attack the group on the right with my summons and sword if the group is close enough, focusing on the one that was the large heat signature. Otherwise attack the most threatening bandits taking cover with my sword and snakescorpion and send the Boa to ambush the large heat signature.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amber Boa (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2017, 01:49:25 pm »

Keep huddling under my tree!  Make sure to have my pistol ready to shoot, in case something stumbles across me.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2017, 06:55:36 pm »

"HAAAVE AT EM LAAADS!"

"AAAH!"

Marcus attempts to restrain and beat the living shit out of his opponent. Alanna helps by stabbing.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
[2][6]
Marcus jumps to his feet and grabs the handle of the ax with his left hand, yanking it out of his armor and dragging the bandit in towards him in one movement.

"Marcus thanks you for coming to him!"

He uses the momentum to ram his shoulder straight into the man's chest and send him reeling back. As he stumbles Alanna slips in, leaping up in forward, putting all her weight into a single slash that cleaves the axman's throat from ear to ear.  She tumbles  and rolls back up onto her feet, crouched low, ready to attack again. The axman takes a few shaky steps backwards as he gurgles and paws uselessly at his throat, but then stumbles and falls to the ground, still writhing.

Wait.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You lay back against the metal tree and run your finger along the barrel of your shotgun, very deliberately doing fucking nothing as the bandits attack your teammates.

"Maybe" You whisper to yourself, "This will teach them the importance of not creating situations where I get a fucking nail in the lung."

Keep huddling under my tree!  Make sure to have my pistol ready to shoot, in case something stumbles across me.

You huddle down smaller than before and pull out your pistol, holding it tightly as though it were a talisman against harm. Somewhere in the back of your mind a tiny voice tells you that not helping these people means you'll probably be putting yourself in more danger because it increases the odds that your meat shields will die and leave you unprotected.

You tell that part of your mind to shut the hell up.

Attack the group on the right with my summons and sword if the group is close enough, focusing on the one that was the large heat signature. Otherwise attack the most threatening bandits taking cover with my sword and snakescorpion and send the Boa to ambush the large heat signature.

Spoiler: Amber Boa (click to show/hide)

Bill 5+3
Snakescorpian:4
Boa: 1+1
Bill stands on the back of the chimera and draws the blade of cold with a flourish as the scorpion unfolds itself and rises to its feet. It launches off, surging forward with a rapid clicking of insectoid legs on metal, weaving through the trees with Bill still standing on its back.  It curves hard, curling around the tree the bandits are hiding behind while still running at full speed. The scorpion slams into one of the bandits and bashes him out of the way, while Bill leans out and slashes at the other one as they pass. The sword sings with a sound like crackling ice as it cuts into the man, slicing straight through his collar bone and deep into his chest, the red plume of blood freezing solid before it can leave his body, like a sanguine ice sculpture growing from his wound. He drops to the ground without a sound.

Across the path the Amber boa has slithered down the tree and is charging in towards the heat signature. Bill sees the target for a moment in the Boa's eyes; the man looks much like his subordinates, thin and scraggly, with cobbled together armor. But there's more to him. A bandolier of glass bottles filled with glowing orange liquid and tiny amounts of fire smoldering and spreading across his skin and hair. He's a wizard, of that there is no doubt. The Boa lashes out at him with a mouth full of amber fangs, but by some oversight or accident the creature knocks him away from its massive jaws and instead simply bashes him with its bulk, doing far less damage.

Stay down until the summons enter the fray.  Then get them in the back while they're distracted with the bigguns.  If someone steps over me, cheese hiding and go for the groin stab.

Sneaky roll: 7
Stabby roll:2+4
As soon as you hear the summons engage in battle you roll out of the wreckage and take off at a crouching sprint towards the closest enemies, or in this case enemy; the swordsman over by Alanna and Marcus. You move in a rapid crouching walk, circling around behind the two bandits and then quickly taking cover behind a tree a dozen or so feet away. When Alanna slits the axeman's throat you take advantage of the moment and charge in behind the swordsman. You raise your blade and cleave his back, cutting through the armor and splitting his flesh down to the bone.  He staggers forward but catches himself and spins to face you.

Spoiler: enemies (click to show/hide)
[3-1 for 2 damage] save [2]pass
The swordsman charges Beethro, injured and wild, and swings a blow down at him. Beethro's armor weathers some of the hit, but the blade still bites into his shoulder. He grunts and shifts his weight, not losing even an inch.

[6-1= 5 damage, 1 hp remaining]
The rifleman that Bill's scorpion knocked to the ground pulls himself onto one knee and lines up a shot on Bill as the chimera weaves through the trees. He fires and the bullet hisses out through the trees and ricochets off one of the armor plates on Bill's back. Bill stumbles forward and drops to one knee, but then stands again. He turns and points his sword at the rifleman, with clear and murderous intent.

[7+6+8= 21 damage. 0 hp, 0 str]
The Bandit leader and his two riflemen turn on the amber boa as one and fall upon it with blade and bullet. Bullets pierce its golden flesh and in a single blow the leader cleaves its head clean from its body. The creature melts into thick goo as it dies, spreading a smell of pungent sweetness across the entire battlefield.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2017, 07:09:12 pm »

"MARCUS WILL HAVE YOUR HEADS!"

"EAT DAGGER YOU JACKASS!"

Marcus attempts to assault Gunman... 2, I guess. Alanna helps with the swordsman with a well placed backstab.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2017, 09:38:16 pm »

((Did I have enough time to restore my pitiful 2 HP while waiting for the bandits to arrive?))
Staying inside the treeline, slowly circle the fight, looking for their leader.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2017, 10:52:13 pm »

((Did I have enough time to restore my pitiful 2 HP while waiting for the bandits to arrive?))

No, you spent your time punching your teammates.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2017, 10:52:29 pm »

Oh god gunshots!  Tell that idiot voice in my head that the entire point of meatshields is to be shot and stabbed to death, instead of me!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2017, 11:01:03 pm »

Punching a guy twice doesn't take as long as a short rest.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2017, 09:20:55 am »

Disarm the swordsman, and grab him as a human shield from the rifles.  Shout loudly in an attempt to distract the leader from anyone sneaking up behind him.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2017, 12:59:17 pm »

No, but Derm immediately sat down and rested and he just barely made it. You spent that time being first-aid'd by Beethro and then punching Marcus and then a minute or two sitting.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2017, 01:17:37 pm »

Attack the rifleman that shot me. If I don't kill him, have my snakescorpion attack him too. If I do, have my scorpion attack Gunman 3.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2017, 07:05:45 pm »

No, but Derm immediately sat down and rested and he just barely made it. You spent that time being first-aid'd by Beethro and then punching Marcus and then a minute or two sitting.
How does "just barely made it" work when he regained 5 HP and I regained 0? A few seconds are all that stand between full health and no health?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2017, 11:40:03 pm »

How does "just barely made it" work when he regained 5 HP and I regained 0? A few seconds are all that stand between full health and no health?
It's an all or nothing deal.  Either 15 minutes and back to full or Not and Not.

"MARCUS WILL HAVE YOUR HEADS!"

"EAT DAGGER YOU JACKASS!"

Marcus attempts to assault Gunman... 2, I guess. Alanna helps with the swordsman with a well placed backstab.

Now I'm gonna assume that you kept that axe you just pulled out of your side because it does more damage than your fists. And I assume you want to deal more damage maybe? Also you really should change your sheet to reflect the fact that you have taken damage. That is, assuming you survive this brazen charge.
[6]
Marcus, perhaps forgetting the caveat of his heavy armor, trundles over towards the wizard and his two gunmen as they finish dealing with the Amber boa. He hefts the Ax above his head and lets out a mighty battle cry, but his lethargic and weighty charge just barely reaches them and he has no time to attack.

Meanwhile Alanna, spry and lithe, darts forward and drives her dagger straight into the swordman's skull, piercing him between the eyes and burying the blade straight up to the hilt. She yanks the knife out as the swordsman drops dead and looks around for her father. Her eyes open in wide terror as she sees what he's doing.

Sneaky sneaky, no lung leaky, sneaky sneaky roll [13]

You roll out of behind the tree and slink away from the path, circling out a good 100 feet away from the battle and then arcing back in towards the place where the Amber Boa had just died. You don't know exactly where the leader is, but judging from what you can see, the two groups on the sides of the path are already being annihilated, so there's no reason to worry about them regardless. You move quietly through the trees until you get a good look at the group that Marcus is running towards. Two gunmen, and a third man with a sword. And either that man is on fire for some reason, or he's a wizard. Judging from his complete lack of giving a shit about the fire, you're gonna guess its the second option.

Oh god gunshots!  Tell that idiot voice in my head that the entire point of meatshields is to be shot and stabbed to death, instead of me!

Uselessness continues, intensifies and expands to fill a stadium full of bemused spectators like a giant apathetic god baby from the ending of Akira.

Seriously bro, I try to do a fair bit of description here about the character actions but you've spent several rounds enjoying the sensation of pressing your face on the metal and whimpering. There's only so much detail that I can extract from such a situation. I mean, I can describe the warmth of urine soaked pants and the various childhood born necroses that lead to this point. It feels kind of like warm sunshine running down your legs and your mother told you that you were gonna die alone and unloved every day before you left for school, respectively.

Disarm the swordsman, and grab him as a human shield from the rifles.  Shout loudly in an attempt to distract the leader from anyone sneaking up behind him.

You scoop the sword off the ground and stuff it into your bag. At the very least it stops someone from potentially using it against you. That done you grab the freshly dead swordsman and try to heft him up and use him as a human shield.

Lifting with this gash in your shoulder sucks, but how else ya gonna get swoll? Roll [9]

You ignore the wound in your shoulder and heave the body up, holding it in front of yourself before you start yelling.

"Hey! Ya Wizard fuck! Why don't you come down here and fight me yourself you sparkly magical son of a syphilitic dick enchantress. I bet your mother was a grand high wizard of taking the magic rod of every man in town! YOUR FACE IS STUPID!"

Attack the rifleman that shot me. If I don't kill him, have my snakescorpion attack him too. If I do, have my scorpion attack Gunman 3.

[6+2][10]
Bill leaps off the scorpion and the two split up, the beast charging towards the two remaining gunman and the bandit leader and Bill taking off on foot towards the gunman who shot him in the back. He sprints through the trees, dodging back and forth between them as the bandit tries to line up a good shot.  Bill jukes to the side and feints another dodge. The gunman falls for it and can't react in time as Bill closes the last few feet and brings the saber up under the rifle, cleaving through the man's forearms and taking off a good sized chunk of his face and head as well. Frost instantly freezes the blood and the skull is left strangely cleanly exposed, like a medical image displaying the sinuses and brain.

The scorpion charges over to the Bandit leader and his two gunners and snatches one off the ground with both claws. The man screams for just a moment as the chimera lifts him into the air, but the sound is immediately cut off as the cobra lashes out and bites into his head. The scorpion crushes the bandit's chest for good measure before the cobra whips its head to the side and hurls the broken body away. It cartwheels into a tree with a wet crunch.

The Bandit leader and the remaining gunman, upon seeing the horrible carnage befalling their comrades, turn tail and sprint away, running back up the path as fast as possible. They vanish into the trees within seconds and disappear.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:04:46 am by piecewise »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2017, 12:04:53 am »

Holding off on orders until I see how the turn went

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:01:47 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53