Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 79886 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #210 on: December 28, 2016, 01:52:15 pm »

Aw, I missed a piecewise game.

Can I get on the waitlist now and then make a sheet when I get to the top 5 or so?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2017, 02:20:20 pm »

Aw, I missed a piecewise game.

Can I get on the waitlist now and then make a sheet when I get to the top 5 or so?
Sure! And/or you got this

"Scratches are no problem for Marcus! Alanna, did you revive our comrade?"

"I don't know a damn thing about first aid old man!"

"Excellent work!"

"Wh- ugh."

"Quickly now, we must be the sneaky! No doubt foolhardy people are coming to investigate! Marcus will PILEDRIVE THEM INTO A DIRT NAP!"

Plan ambush the scouts! By hiding in tree.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
MYSTERY ROLL BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW WELL YOU HID UNTIL SOME TRIES TO FIND YOU!
Marcus and Alanna get off the path and sit themselves down right behind the nearest tree.

"NOW ALANNA IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU GIVE ME A SIGN WHEN BAD MEN COME. I CANNOT HEAR THEM COME BECAUSE MY EARS  EXPLODED."

"Couldn't you just peek out and watch for them?"

"WHAT?! I ASSUME YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION AND WILL DO AS I ASK."

"No, damn it, just peek your head out. What am I supposed to do, just shove you out from behind here when they show up?"

"THATS A GOOD GIRL. I'M GONNA JUST CLOSE MY EYES AND TRY TO REGAIN THE FEELING IN MY EVERYTHING."

"A group of them are about half a mile away, and headed this direction from what I can tell. They may be sending a scout or two first to investigate."

Summon my Amber Boa. Have it hide in the trees to drop down on foes. Ride my snakescorpion into cover, or at least behind a thick cluster of trees to hide. Continue to track the bandits using the snakescorpion senses, and the Amber Boa senses for more detail.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amber Boa (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

You summon up the amber boa in the same way you summoned the chimera. The boa is a strange thing; a dull golden brown and translucent. It looks almost like a gummy candy, albiet more shiny and obviously hard. You can make out the mouth of the thing, complete with thin amber teeth, but the actual details of face are dull and rounded, lacking definition. It has no visible scales either, just a polished smooth body. It joins the Chimera in your head, squatting somewhere in your middle mind, heavy and slow.

You gesture and it slithers off like a flowing river of warm molassas, climbing the nearest tree by coiling its way up. You lay down on the back of the chimera and have it skitter behind a tree and curl up, making itself as small as possible.

Hidden roll for stealth, blah blah blah.

You close your eyes and track the bandits as they come. Not two, but all of them.  You have a hard time making the number out until they get close, but you think there are 7 of them. Even once they get closer its hard to tell; one of them is so hot that he's blurring the image from the snake's thermal senses. Judging from the vibrations though, you think its seven. They're within a few hundred feet of the wagon now, and they're starting to spread out. Two are walking along the path, the others are starting to fan out into the woods around it.

Good, good, this tree is now definitely the safest object around.  Due to that, I'll huddle very very close to it.  I will become one with the the tree.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)
MYSTERY ROLL BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW WELL YOU HID UNTIL SOME TRIES TO FIND YOU!

The tree's credentials verified, you proceed to ball yourself up as small as humanly possible and wedge yourself down against the tree and the ground. Its very uncomfortable, what with everything being made of metal and all, but you do it. You listen and wait quietly for for the inevitable doom.

"Dammit, where am I going to find another yellow shirt?  This one's been with me a long time."

"Now time to do something either brilliant or stupid."

Hide by playing dead near the pile of wreckage.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
You walk over to the largest remaining pile of wreckage and give it a good look over before looking around the surroundings.  After a few moments of thinking you decide that the best way to handle this is to make it so that you are partially visible to anyone coming up the path the other way. That way they have to come in close to inspect you and it looks more real and credible than a nice corpse right in the center of the road. You gather some blood from the wound in your leg and smear it all over your head and face.  Then you lay down next to the wreckage, contorting yourself into an uncomfortable and unnatural position so that it looks like you just fell dead.

Go punch Marcus in the face.

"Be more careful next time!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gordon stands up, wobbles a bit, and then seems to get his legs under himself again. On balance again, he walks straight over to Marcus and punches him square in the nose. Marcus just kind of stares at him, nose bleeding, visibly stunned.

"Why'd ya have to trigger that freaking trap ya dumb bastard!"

"What!?"

"Don't act all indignent to me, this is totally your fault!"

"What!?"

"....You can't hear anything, can you?"

"What!?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2017, 02:36:07 pm »

Marcus is pretty sure 'takign a breather' restores HP to full! Marcus did this earlier! Marcus prepares his fists for a brawl!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2017, 03:41:45 pm »

Marcus is pretty sure 'takign a breather' restores HP to full! Marcus did this earlier! Marcus prepares his fists for a brawl!
Taking a breather takes 15 or so uninterupted minutes. You'll be fine by the time they get here though.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 02, 2017, 03:53:16 pm »

Taking a breather takes 15 or so uninterupted minutes. You'll be fine by the time they get here though.

EXCELLENT!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 02, 2017, 05:40:36 pm »

Rest and wait for the ambush time.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2017, 12:12:41 am »

Punch him again for good measure, then fucking hide and rest.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2017, 12:51:32 am »

Have my Boa move towards the large heat signature if it separates from the other bandits. Keep monitoring all the bandits with my senses and wait to ambush the bandits. If we get into combat, attack the one that had produced the strong heat signature with my sword and have my summons attack it as well.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amber Boa (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2017, 01:19:00 am »

"MARCUS IS CONFUSED AT YOUR HOSTILITY! ALSO, MARCUS IS UNCERTAIN IF HIS ARMOR COVERES HIS FACE! MARCUS REQUESTS YOU RECONSIDER!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2017, 01:59:55 am »

"If you didn't want to get punched in the face, you shouldn't have stumbled into an obvious trap."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2017, 02:06:16 am »

"If you didn't want to get punched in the face, you shouldn't have stumbled into an obvious trap."

"WHAT?"

"I think he was more saying that his face is in a quantum state of being covered in armor and you might hurt your hand. Also stop punching my dad."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2017, 03:10:14 am »

"I didn't hurt my hand the first time. And I can hit your father if I like. I think he enjoys it."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2017, 11:43:01 pm »

MYSTERY ROLL!

You shake your fist at Marcus one last time and then quickly scurry off and dive behind a tree just as the first bandits walk into view.

[stealth rolls for everyone: 17, 19, 16, 8, 2,4,1 . Marcus, Alanna and Bill are spotted]

The bandits that the group can see look much like the bandit they managed to capture; hastily made armor, cheap weapons, ragged and underfed bodies. The two that are walking straight down the path towards the remnants of the wagon are carrying melee weapons, a sword and an ax. The group can just barely see the other bandits too, their advance mostly hidden by the trees around the path. They've spilt off into groups of two, with two coming straight down the path, two on the left and two on the right. The hotspot Bill saw has held back, standing at enough of a distance that no one on the team can see him directly. 

The middle group advances the quickest,  moving towards Beethro, while scanning the forest around them very carefully. And then the one with the Ax stops, his vision locked towards where Marcus and Alanna are hiding.  He stares that way for a few hard seconds and then brings his free hand to his mouth and whistles loudly before pointing at the tree the pair are hiding behind. The middle pair charge off the path and straight over to Marcus, swarming onto him.

[6][2] -2 =6 damage.  -5 hp 1 damage to str, 12 remains. [4]

The swordsman's blow glances off  Marcus' helmet but the axman's blow hits square, denting into and cutting through the chestplate.  Marcus grunts and blood flows down under his armor, but he seems unfazed.

The rest of the bandits pull back, finding cover on the opposite side from the team. The heat signiture joins them, forming up with the group on the right.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2017, 11:54:42 pm »

"HAAAVE AT EM LAAADS!"

"AAAH!"

Marcus attempts to restrain and beat the living shit out of his opponent. Alanna helps by stabbing.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2017, 11:57:41 pm »

Wait.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 53