Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 77917 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #765 on: July 03, 2017, 11:27:37 pm »

"AAAAHH!"

When Beethro starts shooting, Sigh will dive to the ground and immediately look around for attackers.  If anything is attacking, he'll shoot them--otherwise, he'll realize that it's probably best to ensure the magic kid is indeed dead, and fire his own shot into her.  Unless B's bullets obviously had no effect, I suppose, in which case he'll just curl into a ball and cry.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #766 on: July 09, 2017, 07:53:28 am »

Well, we have two actions. Anyone else care to join in?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 09, 2017, 11:56:09 am »

Pass.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 09, 2017, 01:52:30 pm »

"Marcus cannot let the inprisonment of the childrens souls stand! The dead must rest in peace."

"I don't fully understand what you are doing, but it can't possibly be good for anyone. Step away from the... shadowy pool and white tree thing."

Alanna attempts: Diplomacy!

Marcus attempts: forceful retrieval if that fails.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 09, 2017, 10:56:47 pm »

Damn this pool it is a source for all of it!

Fleyshius with a scream of rage starts shooting the pool with his pistol.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:16:43 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #770 on: July 16, 2017, 01:47:39 pm »

((Nah, she stole kids to be friends with her, killed them, and made simulacrums of them to stay in an unchanging lifeless abyss, and has lost the ability to tell the living from the dead.  Such a promise might stick for a bit, but that wasn't the first child, or the second, or the third, and I see no reason for it to stop now.  She did try to talk us out of it rather than immediately attack, assuming the lightning storm wasn't hers, but talking with her was navigating a conversational minefield where a single wrong word or wrong phrase lead to an agressive response.))

((It doesn't mean Beethro wouldn't feel bad about this, but he has actually been in a very similar situation before, and did the same.. albeit with a sword and not a gun.))

Upon seeing the child, Beethro grunts, and regrets deafening himself as it means he can't hear her final words.

Shoot her until the gun is empty.

Beethro fires like a madman and his bullets slam into the young lady like she was a brick of tungsten, glancing off in showers of sparks. One catches her in the forehead and whips her head back but does no actual damage. She straightens her head back up, languidly.

"AAAAHH!"

When Beethro starts shooting, Sigh will dive to the ground and immediately look around for attackers.  If anything is attacking, he'll shoot them--otherwise, he'll realize that it's probably best to ensure the magic kid is indeed dead, and fire his own shot into her.  Unless B's bullets obviously had no effect, I suppose, in which case he'll just curl into a ball and cry.

Sigh, seeing the way the attack seems to do no damage to the girl, curls into a ball and cries.

Damn this pool it is a source for all of it!

Fleyshius with a scream of rage starts shooting the pool with his pistol.

In a triumph of lateral thinking Fleyshius opens fire on the pond of shadow. Bullets tear into it and the pond ripples and splashes very minorly, like it was a pool of syrup and a single marble was dropped into it. Despite is quite clever thinking, it turns out that shooting the pond was not the answer.

"Marcus cannot let the inprisonment of the childrens souls stand! The dead must rest in peace."

"I don't fully understand what you are doing, but it can't possibly be good for anyone. Step away from the... shadowy pool and white tree thing."

Alanna attempts: Diplomacy!

Marcus attempts: forceful retrieval if that fails.

She ignores Alanna but when Marcus makes his declaration she looks straight at him -though her eyes are still closed- and mouths something. Marcus stiffens and falls to his knees. He barely manages to not vomit but his clothing is starting to soak with blood.

Marcus loses all his hp.

So far, the other children around here haven't made a move.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 16, 2017, 03:28:49 pm »

(marking my gun as empty)

Move closer throw the flame syrup jar at the girl.  Do I have any idea what damage type is necessary?

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:17:24 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 16, 2017, 09:12:14 pm »

"Fleyshius!  FLEYSHIUS!  SAVE ME!  PLEASE!"

Grab onto Fleyshius and beg for salvation.  Defend self/Fleyshius from any ash children that decide to attack.  After Fleyshius dips his tow into the pool, assuming that doesn't send him into fits of screaming or something, Sigh will dive headfirst into it because he assumes Fleyshius is indicating the path to salvation.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #773 on: July 30, 2017, 12:38:33 pm »

*ahem*

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 30, 2017, 01:07:41 pm »

((I'll bug MJ, we're getting together tonight))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 30, 2017, 03:04:39 pm »

"Oh that fucking tears it! NOBODY HURTS MY DAD!"

"Ugh, Marcus feels like insides want to come out..."

Marcus and Alanna attempt to... shoot the tree?

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 31, 2017, 01:16:29 pm »

Pass.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 01, 2017, 12:04:53 am »

Fleyshius will walk tenativlly forward and dip a toe into the pool, seeing what happens.

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #778 on: August 20, 2017, 09:51:19 am »

"Oh that fucking tears it! NOBODY HURTS MY DAD!"

"Ugh, Marcus feels like insides want to come out..."

Marcus and Alanna attempt to... shoot the tree?

You both shoot the tree. The shots seem to plink off like the tree is made of metal.

(marking my gun as empty)

Move closer throw the flame syrup jar at the girl.  Do I have any idea what damage type is necessary?

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
You throw the flame syrup bottle. It Arcs in and smashes against the tree, showering the tree, the girl and the water in flame. But it seems to have no effect.

Well, the children are immune to cutting and stabbing, you assume that her immunities have to be somewhat related to theirs in some way.

Fleyshius will walk tenativlly forward and dip a toe into the pool, seeing what happens.

"Fleyshius!  FLEYSHIUS!  SAVE ME!  PLEASE!"

Grab onto Fleyshius and beg for salvation.  Defend self/Fleyshius from any ash children that decide to attack.  After Fleyshius dips his tow into the pool, assuming that doesn't send him into fits of screaming or something, Sigh will dive headfirst into it because he assumes Fleyshius is indicating the path to salvation.

Now, Fleyshius' action has little effect but Sigh's full belly flop into the pool results in an interesting situation. Sigh, deep in the nothing of the pool, hears a voice ask "What do you desire?"

Meanwhile, up above, the girl voices something at Marcus again and blood gouts from him. His strength is halved, but he manages to stay standing.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 20, 2017, 10:00:09 am »

((I'm going to assume half of 13 is 7.))

"Ooof. Is like time with exotic food. Marcus doesn't feel too good..."

"What the fuck kind of food- Ugh. You bitch! I'll break your damn skull in!"

Marcus throws crowbar at the girl. Alanna uses her grappling hook to hook the tree, pull herself to the girl (If I remember right, she's in the middle of a deep pond thing, right?), and smash her face in with a hammer.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53