Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 78026 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #720 on: June 02, 2017, 10:55:16 pm »

((We really couldn't walk away and sneak around, as the wizard could surveille our location easy with the children statues.  We could have tried to join him, but I don't like planning a betrayal until we know how to properly stick the knife in.  From my point of view, landing the first hit that stuck on a minion was worth the whole trouble of bringing him around.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 03, 2017, 12:18:28 am »

From IRC:
   midnightjaguar   Yeah, fleshyius is ready for anything that involves large grand actions.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 03, 2017, 12:27:50 am »

My action was really just a joke, essentially Sigh continually fleeing from the group until he got too scared of being alone, then fleeing back to then, getting afraid because they're too close, fleeing away, ad nauseam.  It could also be stated as "trail a short distance behind, shoot any enemies that appear", for no practical difference.

((@Bei, Sigh would've shot the thing anyway because it aggressively moved into melee range and the wizard had been getting angrier, but I had honestly been considering shooting for no reason even before.  We had a lot of turns where pretty much everyone was doing nothing, and the Wizard was saying practically meaningless things.  The game was going nowhere, and needed something to happen.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #723 on: June 03, 2017, 03:38:09 pm »

"Right! Indecision all around. Marcus can solve this!"

"Wh- Don't do anything dumb-"

"CHAAARGE!"

"Oh no no NO NO FOR FUCKS SAKE DAD WE'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE ENOUGH TO DO THAT. WE GO IN QUIET!"

"Oh. Marcus sees. Chaaaaaarge!"

"Ugh. Guys, let's just go. Enough talking."

Chaaarge? Alanna and Marcus keep watch, rifles prepared to fire upon hostiles if anyone in the group is spotted or being attacked. In case it's not clear, they also move toward the wizards location. All sneaky like, see?

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
Go with plan chaarge and just head in, guns at the ready.
Cower in fear until the group is farther away than the boundary of the relatively-safe zone surrounding them, and then flee in terror from said boundary.  Run away from the group if they get too close again though, and run away from any enemies while shooting at them if any appear.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)
From IRC:
   midnightjaguar   Yeah, fleshyius is ready for anything that involves large grand actions.
Everyone except Bill decides that the simplist, most direct approach is the best. Beethro leads the charge and its easy to be enthusiastic at the start. After the first few hours running across the wastes, its much harder to muster the same level of energy. They move as quickly as they can for maybe 3 or 4 hours, until they are suddenly confronted by 6 or 7 of those children. The creatures just blink into existance about 30 feet away from the sweat drenched, out of breath group.  The children just sort of stand there in a line, blocking the group's way. Well, sort of, they're standing in a line in an otherwise giant empty area, but blocking their direct path forward.

((Sorry, was at work and waiting for others to do stuff since I'm being excluded from plan Metal Gear due to wizard prejudice.))

Wait for the others to get moving. Once they are out of site, move a bit further around the perimeter of the magnetic field along with my summons. Then imbue "Beacon" into one of the metal acorns, with the intent for it to draw the wizard's attention in an obviously peaceful and non-hostile way. If that works, toss it inside the range of the magnetic field and wait. Don't enter the range of the magnetic field at any point. In fact, I think staying at least 30 yards from the edge of the field at all times with my summons would be best. And use summon senses to monitor for threats or interesting things.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

You carefully whisper a word to your metal acorn and then toss it into the danger zone before backing off. The acorn sits around and basically doesn't do anything. After maybe 30 minutes, a single child blinks into existance next to the acorn. It picks the acorn up and stares at it quizzically.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 04, 2017, 07:44:55 pm »

"GAAAAHhck--!"

Aim at one of the kids and then freeze, staying utterly unmoving.  Shoot if any of them attack or make particularly threatening movements.

Edit: Huh, the team's being uncharacteristically united and aggressive.  Sigh will shoot whichever kid looks most wounded after his team's shots resolve.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 04, 2017, 08:15:11 pm »

Shoot the kid on the right side of the line.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 04, 2017, 11:22:30 pm »

"THIS ISN'T WORKING!"

"THEN WE WILL FIND ANOTHER WAY! MARCUS WILL FREE YOUR SOULS! COME THEN!"

Marcus Brandishes the uh. Flat side of his axe? and tosses Alanna the crowbar. Alanna Prepares to strike with the crowbar.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:08:11 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 04, 2017, 11:53:39 pm »

Gentlemnen, form up and fire,  give em a whiff of powder.

Fleyshius will fire his pistol at a random child.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #728 on: June 07, 2017, 09:31:12 pm »

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 07, 2017, 10:03:22 pm »

((My bad, didn't realise everyone else had posted yet.))

Bill clears his throat. "Hello again. I was hoping you would have a moment to speak with me." He attempts to make contact with the statue child.

Bill attempts to get the attention of the statue child, but stays his safe distance away from the magnetic field with his summons nearby. Continue using summon senses to detect threats or anything else of interest. Keep my golem in reach in case the statue kid tries to attack and I have to smash it, though I hope it won't come to that.

Spoiler: Ted (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 08, 2017, 02:38:29 am »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #731 on: June 08, 2017, 09:57:58 pm »

I'm really tired but this thign has been lacking posts so I rolled out the combat. Turned out to be real easy.

Everyone shot at their targets, every single shot bounced off without doing damage. The kids are a fair distance away, but they closed that distance during this turn, they'll be in hugging range next turn. Try not to continue to fuck this up.

Bill: You yell to the child and it turns, definitely noticing you.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 08, 2017, 10:14:55 pm »

Alanna and Marcus fire again, and then Marcus switches to his Axe and shield while Alanna retreats a bit.

"COME! MARCUS WILL RETURN YOU TO THE REST FROM WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN STOLEN!"

"Don't you dare get injured!"

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #733 on: June 08, 2017, 11:36:03 pm »

Alanna and Marcus fire again, and then Marcus switches to his Axe and shield while Alanna retreats a bit.

"COME! MARCUS WILL RETURN YOU TO THE REST FROM WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN STOLEN!"

"Don't you dare get injured!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKMMCPeiQoc

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 08, 2017, 11:47:48 pm »

Try throwing the flame syrup jar at the oncoming kids.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53