Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80299 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #690 on: May 22, 2017, 11:36:01 am »

Continue pondering ways to avoid wizard attention. What about using "Cloak" or Camouflage" or "Blend" on one of the tents and setting it up as a canopy or something over the wagon and as much as it can cover? Or using "Fluctuate" or "Magnetize" on one and having my golem drag it in the opposite direction like Dev suggested? Would that be a good enough distraction?

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

(I'm rolling in the background and not showing it so you don't know if your ideas are right, by the way. So just imagine me behind the dm screen, rolling, nodding, smiling and then talking)
By the way, you recovered 1 mind.

You're not certain your limited powers could adequately use cloak to become invisible, but camouflage could work, if they're viewing things visually. THough all it would really do is change the tent to be white.

You could use magnetize on a piece of metal and have the golem drag it. Or just magnetize the golem itself. But a single distraction probably wouldn't work. You'd need a few; they have to keep the wizard busy while you cross over to it, and even at top speed thats gonna take a while.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 23, 2017, 12:50:26 pm »

Help out with any plan.

"I'd recommend the multiple decoy plan.  We've got lots of metal objects around, such as the tents and the rods.  We could stick the rods to a summon or you could animate them or something, say have that little lead golem thing drag a rod behind it.  I don't care if we lose a couple of those, they were cheap."

"Alternatively, we could stop short, set up camp, and you could walk a non-magnetic creature in there.  Can you summon a bird, say?  If you make it smart, pliable, and telepathic it could get us recon.  Or you could just summon something big and non-magnetic, like say a giant ape, and have it go smash the wizard's head in while he's watching us."  "Or just distract him while we move in for the kill."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:52:31 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 24, 2017, 05:10:52 pm »

Idly wonder if killing Bill to become the party wizard would make this game move faster.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 24, 2017, 05:29:17 pm »

((Please, by all means fight each other and advance that waitlist.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 24, 2017, 09:18:27 pm »

((I've had a busy few days, working with the volunteer EMS and just started my summer job. I also just hit a deer, so I'll try to post tomorrow when I'm not tired and pissed off.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #695 on: May 25, 2017, 09:47:58 am »

((I've had a busy few days, working with the volunteer EMS and just started my summer job. I also just hit a deer, so I'll try to post tomorrow when I'm not tired and pissed off.))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kqNb_rzyl8

Idly wonder if killing Bill to become the party wizard would make this game move faster.

I could, for the sake of fun, just advance everyone a few wizard levels and then thrown them into the "Jailor of Gods" adventure I wrote.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 25, 2017, 10:15:11 am »

I'd like everyone just starting off as a decent level wizard, as we wouldn't be so reliant on the single guy who possesses half of the team's power (and we'd be able to actually do interesting magic).  I'm less sure of running Jailor of Gods, since I'm kinda spoiled for it.  Though, Sigh was deliberately intended to be ineffectual, specifically so that my foreknowledge wouldn't matter.  I'm neutral on that.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 25, 2017, 10:27:28 am »

To be honest, I was enjoying being not-a-wizard, given that being a wizard seems to fuck up everyone around you.  Just hoping we can get a plan out, finish this mission, and then have the next one be a bit faster paced.  (seems likely, really.)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 25, 2017, 08:59:25 pm »

((Welp, I'm more tired than I was yesterday, but I'm not pissed off so here's an action.))

"I have a plan, but we'll need a runner and I consider my summons too valuable and my golem too slow to use. So, what I was thinking is that I magnetize a few of the metal acorns, then we tie them to the scared guy and he can run in one direction to distract the wizard while we rush the center using the summons for transport. If the statue kids get too close, he can cut the acorns lose and escape. He did nothing last mission and actively provoked the statue kids, maybe this way he'll be useful. Any of you have a better idea?"

Discuss using a sacrificial Sigh, see if anybody has a better idea. Other than Sigh, who has not been useful in the slightest and has no merit in Bill's eyes unless he comes up with a damn good plan.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:26:52 pm by Beirus »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 26, 2017, 11:08:51 am »

Upon hearing Bill mention him, Sigh makes a choking sound and hides behind Fleyshius.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 26, 2017, 11:22:00 am »

"Your summons aren't more valuable when you can make new ones, like that golem.  You could just animate the magnetized acorns themselves and have them do the walking around."

"The scared guy also killed one more of those child-creatures than you did."

"Actually, tell you what, I got a better idea."

"We've been marching during the day and camping all night for all the time we've been in here.  How about, tonight, we switch that up?  I'll ditch all my metal gear, and sneak up on where the wizard's at, and drop a firebomb on his head when he's sleeping.  He'll think we're milling about too afraid to go in."

Suggest plan Metal Gear.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:31:40 am by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #701 on: May 28, 2017, 08:38:08 am »

Don't mind me, just keeping the thread bumped while you consider ideas.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 29, 2017, 05:59:03 pm »

Sigh is in favor of the plan that doesn't involve using him as bait for an extremely dangerous entity.  I mean, not that he'd actually make that obvious (he's gonna cower and sulk regardless of what anyone asks him), but if it'll make things move along I might as well say it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 29, 2017, 06:59:31 pm »

"My summons are not replaceable for the foreseeable future, the scared guy was the one who pissed off the child things in the first place, and it would take too much energy to magnetize all the acorns and make them move, leaving the wizard the opportunity to mentally overpower me."

"Your plan has merit, and if you want to try it then I commend your courage. But if the wizard catches you, tell him that the rest of us fled. Maybe it will lower his defenses for when we avenge you. If you would like, I can send the tarantula with you. Both so I can possibly help you avoid traps and patrols through its senses, and maybe as a distraction if you get caught. The Snakescorpion stays with me, though. I've decided to call it Ted."

Beethro's plan is fine with Bill, and by extension Ted. Do I need a character sheet for posts like these, or does my previous one still count?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 29, 2017, 08:52:22 pm »

"Uh uh, you said that you can sense the wizard's connection to his summons.  If you're using them as a distraction, you leave those nowhere near me.  I'll take anyone who wants to come with me, but if we're sneaking, we have to leave the summons behind with you, as if you can sense the wizard's connection with his units, I think the enemy wizard could sense yours."

Head in for plan metal gear, leaving all metal gear behind, with any individuals who want to come.  Plan sneak means no bringing the wizard with us, though.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53