Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: RWBY: In a Time of Peace (Comment Driven Story) (Currently Active)  (Read 2204 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY: In a Time of Peace (Comment Driven Story) (Currently Active)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 02:26:30 pm »

The others should wake up any minute now, right? If they wake up tell them good morning and talk to them, If not try waking Yang or Weiss up.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 11:16:49 am »

I wasn't lost in thought for long, though, as I heard Yang yawn and smack her lips from my right. "Morning, sis!", she said, waving and smiling when I turned my head.

"Good morning, Yang!", I said back, my smile growing as I looked at her. Her precious golden hair practically glowed in the blue light. She looked over the edge of the bed and said,

"Morning, Blakey.", she gently said to Blake, who looked up from her book to look at Yang, her amber eyes focused on Yang's lilac eyes.

"Good morning.", she simply replied before turning her attention back to the book.

"What are you reading?", said Yang with an curious tone, her head turning to the side.

"Life and Death: The Defense of Mantle by Beth Marigold. It's an adventure-romance story about an assault on the now defunct kingdom of Mantle.", Blake simply replied.

"That sounds pretty cool.", replied Yang.

With that, I turned to Weiss, who was still asleep and content in her dreams. So, I did what any friend would do. I pulled out my trusty whistle. Immediately, Yang closed a hand over her ears, while Blake covered her human ones after placing the book on the pillow. I placed my lips to one end of the whistle and blew into it, sending a high pitched whine through the room that would shatter glass were it any higher. Weiss sprung up and fell from her bed, landing on the floor when she did. Amusingly, I heard something similar happen across the hall. I guess Jaune heard or something.

"I appreciate you wanting to get an early start, Ruby,", Weiss said, calm and content...well, before she said, "but you don't have to use a whistle that could shatter windows to wake me up!", in an angry tone. Her eyes were narrowed and, well, she looked the part of someone rudely woken up.

"Sorry, Weiss. It's just really fun to use this.", I responded. Were it not for her sigh and the shaking of her head, I would have assumed that she ignored that.

"Good morning, Yang. Blake.", she said with a polite tone, which was then ruined by,

"Morning, Ice Queenl.". At that moment, I started laughing, placing a hand to my mouth to try to quiet the noise. Blake even let out a chuckle. Weiss...didn't look that happy.

"You too?! Are you kidding me?", she said, which only made me laugh more...

After we'd all showered, we were ready to get to class. Standard Beacon uniform. It was pretty fancy, though I imagine Coco from Team CFVY only cared about the "beautiful shade of chocolate brown" our vests were. It was around 8:00 AM, so we had a few minutes before class.

"We should hurry along to class,", Weiss began to say, before opening her Scroll, which had the schedule saved on there. "First is Professor Port and Grimm Studies, followed by Professor-", she said before Blake interjected with "Doctor."

"Right. Doctor Oobleck and History. Then we have Lunch and around an hour of free time. Then, it's a Combat Class and Sparring Practice with Professor Goodwitch. Then, we have Aura and Dust with Professor Peach. We're done after that."

After she was done, I said, "We have quite a bit of time, though. Maybe we can swing by and say hi to Jaune and the rest of Team JNPR?"

Weiss shook her head, her side ponytail swaying in the air before she said, "No. We need to be punctual. You're the leader, you know we should get to where we need to go fast."

Yang interjected, saying, "Breakfast is out right now. We can grab something to eat real quick, then go see Port and hear his fantastic stories about how he killed three Deathstalkers with a broom handle.".

"I thought it was a mop handle." was all I said before thinking about it a bit. What should we do first?

What will Ruby do?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 09:27:01 am »

*bump*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 10:45:59 am »

Food? Food! Maybe we can pull a deadpool and make a factory worth of pancakes, actually lets go for making that many pancakes.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 10:45:41 am »

Again, I didn't really have to think for long, because as soon as Yang said something about breakfast, I immediately jumped up and said, "Yes! Breakfast! Let's go to the cafeteria, we can make, like, a giant mountain of pancakes and just mow them down and-"

"Sis, have you been hanging around Nora too long?", Yang interrupted. She had that grin on her face; the grin where you knew she was kidding, yet it seemed kinda cruel at the same time? I took it in stride, or I would have before Blake spoke up.

"Actually, I'm feeling a little hungry. Plus, perhaps having a bit of food will help keep us focused.", Blake said. Weiss pinched the bridge of her nose with her fingers, and closed her eyes in exasperation, before putting on a face that showed us she was thinking. She concluded with,

"Sure. I'm feeling a little peckish, too.". And with that, I opened the door and walked out. The hallway was nice...and boring. Again, I could already hear Coco saying, "Love this shade of beige on the upper wall. Kind of clashes with the doors, but that can't be hel-", and then I had to stop because while Coco seemed nice, her complementing your outfit and then saying that my red cloak could be a darker shade to complement my eyes could get a little annoying.

Suddenly, we all heard a high pitched "PANCAKES!", seconds before Team JNPR's door crashed open and Nora rushed out and towards the cafeteria.

Ren ran out seconds later, shouting "Nora!" and running after her while we could hear her do random things down the hall. Jaune and Pyrrha peered out of the door not a second later before they both walked out and closed the door.

Pyrrha mused to herself with a "Something tells me that could have gone better.", before turning to us and saying, "Greetings, Team RWBY." with a sincere smile on her face.

Jaune looked at me and waved, "Hey, Ruby.", before turning to the other three. "Blake, Yang. So, Snow Angel, there's a new movie showing this week, and I couldn't help but notice you look at the poster in Vale the other day. How about it?". For reasons that seemed obvious to me, the minute he finished, Pyrrha looked at him with a glare that would have screamed, "Jaune Arc, for the love of God, I'm right here! Stop flirting with Weiss and either kiss me or ravish me where I stand!". ...Well, that's what I think it meant. Could be a little more subtle.

Weiss didn't even blink before saying, "Yeah, no. It seems like an interesting film, but I must decline.". Which is "Polite Weiss" for "No. I don't care how well your attempt at a serenade is, I'm not going out with you!". She said that once.

Jaune looked down before snapping his fingers and musing "Maybe next time?".

Weiss kept walking to the cafeteria while saying, "Yeah, sure, whatever."

We made it to the cafeteria in time to see Nora had stacked pancake after pancake into some kind of Pancake Mountain, which was tall enough to hit the ceiling. A simple "Whoa." came from Yang upon seeing it.

"How did Nora even do this?" Blake asked, her eyes wide and staring right at the tip of the mountain.

A loud "Delicately!" came from behind us, to which I yelped and turned around to see Nora staring right at us. Ren was holding onto her arm, and he said, "By that, she means I had to help her.".

"Do you like it?", she yelled out, and we all nodded in shock. After that, we slowly walked to the Food Prep area, each of us grabbing a plate and a cup. Jaune and Pyrrha also came around that time, and walked through the line directly behind Yang.

What shall Ruby do?

Note: Perhaps I should/can have shipping develop on my own terms, too. Not just from comments, though I will accept comments. What do you think?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 11:55:22 am »

Isn't it obvious? Dig in, fill the hole in your stomach, eat, ECT.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 09:45:55 pm »

((The next chapter. I appreciate the views (over 200, I think), though if you're interested, go ahead and join in! If Joe's going to be the only one, I can put this on hold for now.))

After the first few students grabbed their food, marveling at the giant mountain of pancakes Nora made in her spare time, I was first. I guess I decided to just eat that day, because I grabbed a lot of food. A turkey sandwich, a small salad, two apples, a box of strawberries, and a cookie with a glass of milk. Don't need to grow up when I've got that. Weiss was right behind me, and ate pretty much the opposite: a small salad with some dressing and some coffee with two sugars and no cream. Classy. Blake picked what seemed to be the obvious answer: a plate full of any fish that was there. Any. Fish. Tuna, salmon, catfish, anything that swam, she ate. I felt like someone was going to say that was the obvious choice, but in hindsight, she wouldn't have had a problem. She also grabbed a glass of water to go with it. Yang picked something similar, though with more protein. Chicken, some fish, and some turkey. She wasn't a health nut, though, so she also grabbed a couple of cookies, with some People Like Grapes soda to go with it. Yes, they served this during breakfast. Beacon is lenient like that.

Anywho, we all sat down at the table and began to just dig in. Me and Yang dove right in, with Blake eating quite a bit as well. Weiss used a fork and ate slowly. I'm surprised she didn't say anything about inhaling our food. I did hear her mutter something about the menu, but I already said something about that. We saw Team JNPR sit at the table across from us, who had their own menu: Jaune had chicken nuggets. Dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. Which, I'll admit, I kicked myself for not getting. He also had some apple juice. Pyrrha had some water and some steak. Nora had...pancakes. Of course. She must have plucked them from the giant mountain. I couldn't get a good look at her drink. Ren had some tea, and some scones. As we all ate, Blake pulled out a book and began to draw in it, not paying much attention to the outside world as we kept eating. I still don't know what she's drawing in there. Eventually, we ate most of our food, sealed up the rest to snack on, and after that, I checked the time...

"And?"

Huh? Oh, right. It was around 8:40. Five minutes before class. We, and Team JNPR, hurried along to Professor Port's class, to either learn about Grimm, or sleep. Probably the latter.

What shall Ruby do?

If you want to skip class, say so. If you want to learn, say so. Basically, what do you want to do in class?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 12:51:56 pm »

Try not to fall asleep during class, emphasis on try.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 01:35:12 pm »

>Ruby
>paying attention
>in Port's class
Yeah, right.
Goof off

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 02:46:13 pm »

Try stealing something from Weiss while she pretends to be interested, just for fun
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2016, 12:11:53 pm »

As soon as we opened the door, I saw multiple students already in the room sitting down at their desks and clearly interested. Meaning that Professor Port interests them. I chuckled a little at that, before we all sat down in our usual seats. I was next to Weiss, Blake was to the right of her, and Yang to the right of Blake. JNPR was above us, and some Year Two students like Team CFVY were also there. Then, before I could even whisper out a question as to the lesson, the door smashed open. Professor Port was there, decked out in his red coat with his eyes squinted. Like usual. Coco was writing something down, but the rest seemed to be glued to the teacher.

"Huntsmen! And Huntresses. I hope you had a break of a lifetime, but break time's over. This is a class of violence, of bloodshed. This is the class where you learn more about the Creatures of Grimm then any other school in Vale!", said Port. Someone in the back raised their hand and asked, "Professor? Do you have to have such a bombastic opening to every one of your classes?"

Port looked up at them and said, "Well, of course! If it wasn't energetic and loud, how else would you know what this class is about? Anyway, enough small talk. Today, we're focusing on one particular Grimm. Or, as I refer to them, prey!", before laughing to himself. He walked over to the whiteboard and pulled down a particular picture. He held it up and showed the class the picture. It resembled a gorilla, with torn up bone armor and flesh. A single eye was glowing, while the other seemed dead and lifeless. According to Port's scale, it was about his size. Maybe a few inches bigger.

"This, class, is the Beringel. Now, I know for a fact you haven't seen one of these before. There's a perfectly good reason for that. This type isn't even seen near Vale most of the time. They prefer areas like smaller villages, though they are also around Vacuo. Seeing this beauty reminds me of the time I fought a whole group of Beringels near Shade Academy after I had given a conference on Grimm Combat-", and his words seemed to turn into "Blah blah blah". I was trying hard not to fall asleep, my head hitting the desk softly before I sprang up like nothing happened. I decided to mess around, pass the time, you know? To that end, I just began doodling on a scrap of paper, briefly tuning into his spiel while doing so.

"At first, it was only a single Beringel in sight, so when I pulled out my weapon and stared the beast down, I thought it was easy. But Lady Luck frowned at me that day, so three more jumped out of a nearby bush-", and I started tuning it out again. I began to start drawing. Not silly stuff like in the first class, but just things that popped into my head. Upgrades for Crescent Rose, Blake's cute little cat ears, Penny...

Penny. After the fight at the docks, she got picked up by her father and driven off. I had hoped I would get to see her again soon, but by the time I stopped thinking about it, I had drawn her face and her awesome swords on the page in actually decent detail. Huh. Usually, I draw like crap, but here it seemed fine. Regardless, I kept drawing. I only stopped when I look to my right and saw Weiss either really interested, or pretending to be really interested, and I took that as a cue to mess around. I quietly ran a hand into her bag, and when I grabbed something, I quietly pulled it out, hiding it from view as I looked at it.

It was Weiss's fountain pen, with her initials "W.S." engraved in gold on the side. I guess in case she ever lost it? Well, I slipped it into my bag and looked at Weiss. She was still at least pretending to be interested, so if she saw, I didn't know. Regardless, I decided to see what Port was talking about now.

"With a final slash of my axe, the final Beringel went down hard and smashed against the sand. I was Vacuo's national hero! ...For about a week before some punk took out nine Beringels and was labeled the exact same thing. Moral of the story? Vacuo hates Beringels.", he said before the bell rang out. That all took around thirty minutes. We all stood up and walked out with Port telling us about the assigned readings. Now, for Professor-

"Doctor, Ms. Rose."

Right, Doctor Oobleck's class.

What shall Ruby do?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2016, 11:40:42 pm »

*bump*

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2016, 12:19:28 am »

Wait for her to notice her pen is gone... then if she freaks out, put it sneakily back in her bag. Time for mischief

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2016, 12:33:13 am »

As we walked towards Doctor Oobleck's class in a group, consisting of us and JNPR, a...spirited conversation was being lead by Yang and Jaune.

"And just what is that supposed to mean?"

"I'm just saying that the Achieve Men needed new blood from the start. Ray's act was getting stale, and it was clear that he needed a breakthrough."

"I get that, but why is Jeremy, of all people, the new blood that needed to be in the band? How does that make sense?"

Just like Port, I was trying to tune them out, but honestly, I like the Achieve Men. Just not to the extent of Yang. As I heard Yang get angrier and Jaune try to get a calm word in edgewise, I looked to Weiss to see if she'd figure out what happened. Just as planned, she reached a hand in the bag, only to start basically tearing her bag apart. Pyrrha, the nice girl she was, asked, Is everything alright, Weiss?".

Weiss looked up to her with a slight panic in her eyes. "My pen's missing. My 8,000 Lien pen is missing.". I...had no idea that it cost that much. Still, a smirk hit my face, only to leave it as both Weiss and Pyrrha popped it open and turned it upside down to look for it. After obviously not finding it, they both turned away to talk about where it could have gone. I quietly went over to the bag. Pyrrha looked up at that moment, so I held the pen up and smiled as I held a finger to my lips. Pyrrha stealthily winked at me before keeping Weiss's attention on her. I put the pen back in the bag and walked off. I heard Pyrrha suggest they look again, since it may have been hard to spot, and just guess what happened.

"False alarm, guys! It was in my bag.", said Weiss, and while I thought I heard Nora groan in annoyance, everyone else seemed fine with the outcome.

After that little distraction, we walked into the classroom, only to see Doctor Oobleck calmly sat at his desk. Which surprised me, honestly. After we all sat down, next came Team CFVY. Coco sat next to me, below Weiss. Fox and Yatsuhashi were next to Ren and Nora, and Velvet was next to Blake. At first, I was going to ask why Doctor Oobleck was so...normal, I guess, but then he picked up his mug of coffee. Right then and there, I knew it was going to get loud. And it did. Right when he took a sip, he sped out of his chair and stopped right in front of the whole class. "Well,helloclass. It'sgoodtoseesomanymindsheretolearnaboutmorethenGrimmweakpoints, combatstyles, ordustandAurafromamadwoman. Shallwegetstarted?". Here we go.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2016, 01:39:14 am »

Since Ruby is evidently feeling rather mischievous today, how about she actually participates in class but every time she says something, matches Oobleck's speed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3