Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: RWBY: In a Time of Peace (Comment Driven Story) (Currently Active)  (Read 2202 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile

Well...four games...this is gonna bite me in multiple places. Ah, well. I can always add this to my YouTube schedule.

Well, I have been inspired to create this via two different stories. Two different stories that'll make up what game this actually is.

First: RWBYQuest: A RWBY Suggestion Game/Comment Driven Story based on RubyQuest. Beacon is under attack by monsters. Because I love RWBY, this inspired me to make a RWBY Suggestion Game.

Second: The Life of a Wanted Changeling: Yes, an MLP Fanfic. It's not that bad, actually. It's really good at being flexible; that anything can happen so long as that suggestion works. That inspired me to put this out there; to release this to the public.

Now then, this will be a combination of normal SGs, and the flexible Life of a Wanted Changeling. If the Suggestion is voted up, then it happens. Sound good? If yes, then keep reading. If not, thanks for reading this far. Call the Psych Ward and tell 'em I need a new cell.

Every time enough suggestions (3-5) get voted up, I'll type up the "turn"...except it won't be a turn. It'll be a Chapter in a story. ...Yep.

Now, here's the first two "suggestions":

When will this game be set? (Volume One-Volume Three. The only reason I don't want Volume Four is because it isn't finished yet.)

Who will be our main character? (Our Ruby in RWBYQuest or our Bugze in Wanted Changeling. While we can influence or control other characters, this will be our hero/heroine in the spotlight)

EDIT: And then a couple of questions because I forgot:

Should the game use a die for decisions, or go on my whims?

Should I create any original villains or leave that up to you guys, or even just do the show's villains?

Also, this will be half-RWBYQuest...so anyone could die. Shipping is allowed so long as it's built up and everyone agrees. The direction of the story is everyone's responsibility.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 01:07:00 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: (IC) RWBY Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 10:36:34 am »

>pyrrha not valid choice as protagonist
>weiss not valid choice as protagonist
get out

Volume 2
Ruby

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Interest Check) RWBY Suggestion Game
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 07:22:49 pm »

Volume 2/Ruby-1

Don't know when/if this is going to start up, but I'll give it another day or two.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 08:43:53 pm »

Volume 3 Before Shit Goes Down
Ruby

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 08:45:55 pm »

>pyrrha not valid choice as protagonist
>weiss not valid choice as protagonist
get out

Volume 2
Ruby
>Yang isn't a valid choice for protag either, nor is blake.

...Where are the torches and pitch forks?

1+ That way there is less of a chance of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 12:48:33 am »

I think I'll keep a running tally until it gets started up.

V2/Ruby-2 Votes

V3/Ruby-1 Vote

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 01:03:34 am »

I've started watching it on youtube and it's going to keep me entertained for a while until I actually know what you guys are about, so even if I don't join I want to thank you for making me look up RWBY.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 01:19:05 am »

@Maegil: Wow! Um, you're welcome! It's a really good show, with a lot of great characters and episodes. Just a couple of things to note, of course:

Watch, at least, the White, Black and Yellow Trailers. The Red Trailer's more of a showoff of the Ruby's Weapon and design.

Watch after the end credits of each Volume. There's some good stuff for the plot in each.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 01:01:22 pm »

I guess, since it's been a day and an hour after this started, that I can go ahead and type up the introduction (which won't count as a chapter because it's just a short intro). For reference, It's Volume 2/Ruby, in case you didn't know.

You open your eyes, clearing the dream from your mind and the tired thoughts from your head as you look into the still dark room. From the top bunk, suspended by bedsheets above Weiss's bed, you can see your sister Yang and Blake in the other bunk. Yang is still sleeping, a bit of drool on her pillow from her deep slumber, though you can see your darker teammate, Blake, awake and reading a book through the moonlight shining through the window. You peek your head over the edge to see Weiss still sleeping, wrapped up in her covers to remain warm and comfortable through the night. You look around your bunk and spot your Scroll on your pillow, closed and shut off. With a flick of your fingers, the Scroll opens and the screen lights up, it's sudden brightness leading you to block your eyes away from the light. After your eyes adjust from the light, you check the time, seeing that it's only 4:32 AM. Despite not seeing the schedule, you know from the past semester that classes start at around 8:45 AM. So,

What will Ruby do?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY Suggestion Game (To Be Named)
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 09:44:50 pm »

*bump*

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY Suggestion Game (Introduction Posted/Game Started)
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 08:48:17 am »

Assuming she isn't tired, she'll find a way to entertain herself that doesn't involve waking everyone else up....and if she doesn't know how then she'll just go off the deep end and unleash her inner troll by being loud and making as much noise as possible to wake everyone up.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY: A Changed Time (SG)
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 05:01:43 am »

I gave the game a name, and bumped it because of that and it's presence on Page 3. If no one other then Joe wants to play, that's fine. I did it for convenience.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 05:13:43 am by Greatness942 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY: In a Time of Peace (SG) (Current Chapter: Intro)
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 10:11:37 am »

I'm going ahead and writing Chapter One. Yeah, I'm impatient. I'm also anxious. I'm sorry. Also, I'm going to do this in 1st person instead.

As I put my Scroll back on my pillow, making sure to turn it off so that the light doesn't wake anyone up, I sit up on my bed and look around. Aside from Blake, who's quietly reading a book, everyone's asleep. Weiss looks comfortable, and Yang is...my sister, I suppose. With a smile on my face, I looked around for something to do while everyone's out for a few hours. I could play Ninja Warrior X on my Scroll, but the single player mode's not that fun, and I don't know if Blake wants to play with me. I could watch a movie, but I'd have to turn the volume down, and click on the subtitles, and once it's done, I have to put a new one on. I could go make adjustments to Crescent Rose, but that could wake someone up and I'm not even sure we're allowed to go into the workshop at 4 AM. So it's two options: wake everyone up with my awesome whistle, or read a book. Blake seems to be having fun, so I guess I could grab something that catches my interest. I carefully make my way off of my bed and make my way over to her, whispering a quick, "Hey, Blake?" to her.

"Yeah?", she whispers back. She doesn't take her eyes off of me for a second, still reading with the same focus as she was earlier.

"Could I have a book, please? Anything else I'm thinking of to pass the time might wake someone up.", I quietly say, to which Blake nods. She grabs a book from the floor and looks at the cover, before passing it to me.

"Here.", she says before handing me the book. It's an anthology of old Fairy Tales, the cover showing things like four young girls with snow, flowers, the sun, and leaves around them, and two young men surrounded by a grand river. Not feeling like going back to my bed, I sit on the floor and crack it open. On the first page was a table of contents, with four different stories.

The Shallow Sea

The Story of the Seasons

The Tale of the Two Brothers

The Girl in the Tower

What shall Ruby do?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY: In a Time of Peace (Comment Driven Story) (Currently Active)
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 07:08:38 pm »

Read the whole book, all four story's...unless the sun and the others rises before ruby is finished of course.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY: In a Time of Peace (Comment Driven Story) (Currently Active)
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 01:22:24 pm »

"I guess I'd better go in order, then.", was the thought that came to mind when I saw each story. Story of the Seasons I knew best, but the rest of these seemed familiar. So, I flipped over to the first page of The Shallow Sea and began reading:

One time upon an evening star, there was an island off the coast of Mistral which bore fruit and many people. Though different then those from Mistral, the people here were friendly and gave back to Mistral with their kindness. Most responded kindly, but some off the coast weren't so nice to these people. They fought to keep those different from them off of the island, as their differences could ruin Mistral, or at least that was their thinking. One day, a young girl on the island looked out onto the blue waves of the ocean, and saw the bad people return, each one carrying swords to try to keep them back. She ran back with a warning, and the islanders fought back. After a fierce battle, they took the boats for themselves, and returned to Mistral. They were set upon by kind and welcoming arms, though the bad men of Mistral would soon return and point out their differences as something to fear and look down upon. While some stayed, most of them turned to darkness. Soon enough, the islanders would be loved by all. They were human, though different in many ways. It would just take some time to return from the evil that men are without.

"Wow...", I said quietly, thinking about what I read. "That was...dark. I guess not all fairy tales are nice, but wow.". It wasn't cruel, but that ending reminded me of something uncomfortable. Which was confirmed by Blake, who apparently heard me read it out.

"I don't know if this is true, but with the events in The Shallow Sea, it's rumored that the whole story is an allegory. It's about the rebellion by a group of Faunus lead to try and re-enter the mainland. That group is said to have become the White Fang after war began to break out, but details are kind of hazy.", she quickly explained, her eyes turned to me and the book now.

"Wow. Blake, I didn't know-", I began to say, until it was interrupted.

"It's alright. I actually thinks it's a nice story, regardless of the rumor and ending.", she simply responded. Her gaze went back to the book as I flipped the pages through to the Story of the Seasons.

((The Story))

I had a smile on my face after that. Not overly cheerful, but not cruel, mean spirited, or has some hidden meaning. Overall, it was perfect. Before I read the next two, I checked the time. It was now 5:59 AM. I guess I spent an hour or two reading these. I slipped a bookmark into the pages before looking out and seeing the blue light of the sun rising. I guess it's officially morning at that point? I closed the book and handed it Blake, who placed it on the covers and nodded at me when I said thank you to her. I stretched before looking around, still thinking.

What shall Ruby do?
Pages: [1] 2 3