Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Should California become its own nation?  (Read 14424 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Should California become its own nation?
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2016, 06:32:31 pm »

I don't think you'll ever be able to give everyone representation in the presidential sense as there can only be one; the best you can do is choose the candidate that most people are "okay" with. For all this talk of Trump and Clinton, it doesn't change that they are the least popular candidates in the history of presidential elections.

In that sense, I prefer ranked votes. Where people can vote for whomever they want without having to go through tactical voting.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2016, 07:31:52 am »

Presidential candidates choose a running mate, that running mate becomes a part of the house when the candidate wins, runner-up becomes the VP with their senate tie-breaking, transition of power is candidate > running mate before VP enters into it, alter the rules a bit so the running mate is the one with the "president is sick/crazy" option, if they use it then the next in line becomes the VP, and the vp running mate takes the house position, whatever it is. Set it up so the winner and runner-up gain more from working together and are able to accomplish more instead of constantly pitting them against each other.

A Trump who was trying to work to accomplish things with Clinton, and Pence in place to discourage the whole "well, let's just take out Trump!" ideas straight up, would lead to a less divisive election process, and a more productive term I suspect. Plus Mittens would have been in a much better position to run this year if he was coming off of an Obama/Romney term.

Fuck.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2016, 08:17:10 pm »

I support it.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2016, 09:19:42 pm »

You could do like us Bosnians and have multiple presidents. We have three, and we get triple the corruption.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]