Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What a fantasticly bizarre bug/feature?  (Read 821 times)

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What a fantasticly bizarre bug/feature?
« on: November 06, 2016, 06:19:59 pm »

Had a wagon trade caravan go over the wood splitting block shop and as soon as split logs into planks reaction was finished (the caravan was partially over it) it somehow DISMEMBERED the trade caravan causing the horses and merchant to experience *Shaken to the core* presumably from witnessing a death of the wagon causing them to all flee the map, took me a few attempts to reproduce it but its a fantastically odd bug. Because its so odd I'm not sure if its a feature or a bug lol, an interesting anecdote to be sure.
LP'er

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: What a fantasticly bizarre bug/feature?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 08:21:34 pm »

Was there a corpse in sight of the caravan? Dead bodies are scary now so if you want to trade you need to move the reality of living in a fortress out of sight where the civies won't see it. It doesn't even have to be a full corpse, the knocked-out back tooth of some goblin is enough to cause problems.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 10:46:42 pm »

Shame elves don't use caravans, death by wood splitting block has to be high on their list of sins

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 12:35:55 am »

Was there a corpse in sight of the caravan? Dead bodies are scary now so if you want to trade you need to move the reality of living in a fortress out of sight where the civies won't see it. It doesn't even have to be a full corpse, the knocked-out back tooth of some goblin is enough to cause problems.

Wagons count as creatures, mind.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 03:53:18 am »

One time I saw a black dragon in worldgen that mated with a warwolf from Fortress Defense and produced 12 black dragons from that. Honestly I think they should keep the feature in because quite frankly its terrifying. Imagine Black Dragons being not really dragons at all, but essentially the apex night troll species, twisted into draconic form.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2