Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Great War (High Mortality WW1) Enlistment and the Western Front  (Read 2707 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The Great War (High Mortality WW1) Enlistment and the Western Front
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 06:30:36 am »

If we're visiting Gallipoli, can we have Aussie diggers?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 07:58:31 am »

If we're visiting Gallipoli, can we have Aussie diggers?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I meant at a later date I'd open another thread for the other fronts, and I don't think the Greeks fought on the Western Front. I'll keep that sheet till then, though.

I go East to reach the Western front.

I never thought about that. Nevertheless, anybody with a complete sheet is ready to go. And turn should be posted in about 45 minutes to an hour.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:49:46 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 09:15:14 am »

The Great War
Western Front

Turn 0

((Placement Roll))
S34N1C
[5/20] You stand in your filthy front line trench waiting for the whistle to blow for you to charge. The water table is above your trench's floor, so you stand on the fire stand to avoid getting your boots all wet and nasty.

NRDL
[3] You stand next to S34N1C, but aren't as fortunate in where you're standing. You are on the floor of the trench. It sucks.

flazeo25
[6] You are slightly better off than both of your compatriots, but still in the front line trench. You stand next to the wall of ladders.

MidJag
[10] You stand in a foxhole just in the front line. You're safer from incoming bullets, but not from artillery.

Slick
[20] Naturally, you're gonna keep your heaviest firepower in the back and not on the push. You are in the backup reserve trench. two whole trenches away from the front line.

Maegil
[5] You and S34N1C are rubbing shoulders on the Fire step.

You hear a loud, shrill shrieking of the Captain's whistle. "FIX BAYONETS! UP AND OVER, LADS!" He gives the signal for a charge at the enemy trench. A whole field of razorwire, landmines, and bomb craters lay ahead; about 400 meters in total.

Spoiler: S34N1C (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: flazeo25 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MidJag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slick (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maegil (click to show/hide)
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 09:17:09 am »

Charge!
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 09:35:30 am »

charge head for the nearest piece of cover.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 09:36:04 am »

Charge!
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 09:41:32 am »

Charge

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 10:16:29 am »

Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 11:01:52 am »

Fine, he's british then. Also, Charge I mean, get placement roll.

((Isn't nationality just cosmetic?))
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:56:35 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2016, 11:18:40 am »

((Isn't nationality just cosmetic?))

((To a degree. They'd have to have been in a practical place for the front. Like Portugal or Spain. To the best of my knowledge, the Greeks didn't participate in the trench warfare of France and I'm wanting some kind of accuracy in who would have been there.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 03:31:26 pm »

Charge!!!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2016, 04:07:31 pm »

The Great War
Western Front

Turn 1

Quote from: PFC Brown
Charge!
[3] You are one of the first out of the trench, swept up in the rush to get out. Above the roar of shouting men and stomping boots, you hear the peal of sniper fire, the guy on your left takes a bullet to the shoulder, one of the ones just behind you takes one right to the brain pan, but, you [19]/[14] are spared from being hit by a round from the German rifles. As you cross into the middle of no man's land, you see the MGs of the enemy, right as they begin to open up.

You are about halfway across the no man's land.

Quote from: PFC John Doe
charge head for the nearest piece of cover.

[17] Being one of the last over the top, you are spared the brunt of the sniper fire. [19] You find a decent and almost perfect piece of cover, inside a bomb crater. MG rounds slam into the dirt behind you and whiz above your head, but your cover is sufficient to cover the massive explosive tank on your back.

You are about a fifth of the way into the no man's land.

Quote from: PFC Silva
Charge!

[16] You manage to avoid the death of suddenly going over the top, and waited for a second until it was easier to secure a ladder. [18]/[12]The snipers also were too busy dealing with the main attacking force to deal with you, much. [3]/[11] The MGs have the perfect shot on you,[18][15][10][5][6][1] They shot you twice and killed one of their snipers in their haste to reduce you to a bloody puddle. (-70 health)

You are about halfway across the no man's land.

Quote from: PFC O'Connell
Charge

[10] You are in the center of the wave. Not really safe from anything. [15]/[17] You are shot at by a sniper, [6] but he misses! The MG shoots wildly into the crowd, tearing chunks off of people, spattering their blood and gore onto everybody behind them. [3]/[17] You are not spared from this either. [8][2][6][1][14][11] You pull through however and manage not to get a single scratch. Lucky you.

PFC Daniels arrives on scene to see the wave of friendlies cross the no man's land. [18] For the moment you are able to go wherever in the entente trench you wish to go, on your way to the front line, that is. You will be given orders then.
You are in the reserve trench.

PFC Amatin arrives on scene to see the wave of friendlies cross the no man's land.[15] You are to move to the front. But, you will wait there until the CO arrives to give you orders.

Quote from: Derrière
Charge!!!
[20] You waltz into the no man's land almost completely unimpeded. The MGs are blind to you, as are the snipers. Of course this could change in a heartbeat.

You are one tenth of the way into the no man's land.

The deafening roar of MGs sounds out, like a great dragon breathing fire onto some brave knight. Some members of the wave are lying dead in the mud, some found cover from the MGs, some are still running.

Spoiler: S34N1C (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: flazeo25 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MidJag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slick (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maegil (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mcclay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aigre (click to show/hide)

((I'm measuring the progress of your push in the PC spoilers. If you have negative, or zero, then you should haul ass and get to the fight, or your designated zone of entry.))

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2016, 04:12:13 pm »

Keep running while shooting pistol at Machine gunner.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:35:29 pm by flazeo25 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2016, 04:18:46 pm »

Continue hauling ass, get closer to the enemy.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2016, 05:00:25 pm »

Keep running, but draw my pistol and take a few shots at the MG
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5