Poll

Reader count

Yup.
- 21 (72.4%)
Just passing by.
- 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Life of Maugham (Interactive comic)  (Read 10746 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: The Life of Maugham (Interactive comic)
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2016, 02:36:49 pm »

Remember what the nodes are.

Ask Raeder what we've got today.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2016, 02:44:06 pm »

+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2016, 04:30:10 pm »

Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

Avanti!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2016, 04:42:05 pm »

Almost done with the exams and also managed to overcome laziness for few hours. Sorry for the lack of updates and lousy art, I'll try to prepare something fancy as additional material next time!

Huh, the nodes?... The node, even. I think he meant the Communication System Control Center, a military outpoast, a tv tower and a major radio station combined. It's a few blocks away... Usually heavily guarded and off-limits for the non-affiliated personnel. I heard its range reaches the Domain itself.

"So, uh, Lily, what we've got today?"

"Me? I'm doing my part as usual... We're expecting no visitors today, by the way. Welles's been busy with something again, so call him beforehand if there's something important. Oh, and... Have you checked the mail yet?"

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:53:06 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2016, 07:47:03 pm »

"Yeah, saw that there's stuff in there, but I didn't check it yet."

Sift through the mail for anything relatively important.

"Day's been kinda off for me. Thanks for reminding me."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2016, 02:42:45 pm »

"Yeah, saw that there's stuff in there, but I didn't check it yet."

Sift through the mail for anything relatively important.

"Day's been kinda off for me. Thanks for reminding me."

"Yeah, saw that there's stuff in there, but I didn't check it yet... Day's been kinda off for me. Thanks for reminding me."

"Uh, okay."

Let's see. A couple of requests that'll have to be registered. A Patriot Movement leaflet. A tourist agency catalog. A daily newspaper.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 02:47:44 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2016, 02:52:11 pm »

Read the leaflet
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2016, 06:37:16 pm »

Read the leaflet

+1 but, after we register those requests first. Don't want to be seen slacking off when there's work to do, now do we?

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2016, 06:02:10 am »

On second thought, hide the leaflet for now, and get to work immediately.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2016, 10:56:53 am »

What do we know about the Patriot Movement?

Also, take a brief skim of the newspaper.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2017, 03:23:52 pm »

Read the leaflet

+1 but, after we register those requests first. Don't want to be seen slacking off when there's work to do, now do we?
On second thought, hide the leaflet for now, and get to work immediately.

Fine. Right now is a bad time for showing off questionable political views. Anyway, I need to get through the essential paperwork first.

What do we know about the Patriot Movement?

Also, take a brief skim of the newspaper.

The leaflet, however... "People of Bratislaw! How much more should we waste on the Dominion's non-ending military effort?! We must fund the agressor no more! Let us stop the uneven exchange between us and them! This city will never become a colony!..."

The Patriot Movement. Not an organisation, but a loose group of people who are different in everything but name... However, one could say it consists of two parts which can clearly be distingushed.

Firstly, there are the Old Patriots, including the namesake of the whole movement. As the name suggests, it represents the older generation of political activism. Most of the Old Patriots' groups emerged when the militia dissolution was still a thing. Liberal businessmen, disgruntled officers, Madrae nationalists, libertarians and just plain angry old men. No wonder they argue over a lot of issues... Some want to see less business restrictions and a more transparent government, others just want the Domain to get out of this city.

Secondly, there are the Young Patriots. Younger people who are simply tired of the whole pompous sabre-rattling and flag-waving thing. This includes all kinds of minorities who advocate for their rights... No matter if it concerns the others or not.

As for the news... "Clean Record: Why the janitor jobs are reserved for the demobilised." Apparently, the Dominion takes public sanitation very seriously, or it just fears spies wearing galoshes. Also, Malborg receives some large metal sculpture as a present from one of the Confederate City-States. Looks weird.

"Ahem."

"Good morning. Is Mr. Welles in? I need to see him."

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:11:06 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2017, 05:04:46 pm »

"He is currently out, but I can take a message and relay it to him when he's open."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2017, 05:25:05 pm »

"He is currently out, but I can take a message and relay it to him when he's open."
+1

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6