Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Offspring: Descendants - Post Apocalyptic RPG - OOC - [7/8] Starting!  (Read 5552 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

Life is a process that acts in cycles, of creation and destruction. One life ends, another begins. One generation ceases, another rises. The world has ended. The reasons as to why are unknown to you, as you are but an animal. What matters to you now, is finding shelter, food, and maybe a home. Oh, there's also these new thoughts. Thoughts of creation, and invention. Thoughts of scavenging, and exploring. Thoughts of communication. Thoughts that once you were not capable of. However, that is irrelevant. What is relevant, is finding a way out of this zoo. Whatever comes next, is up to fate.

What's this? I'm reviving the first forum game I hosted ever? Wow! What a miracle. I really ran out of ideas. Offspring is a game about survival in a post-apocalypse world, as a wild animal. However, mysterious intelligence has been granted to you, and you now possess knowledge of creation and invention, boy howdy. Also the ability to speak to other animals. Wowzas! Who knows what you'll find out there, in the wastes? Maybe you'll start a family, maybe you'll discover secrets, maybe you'll [REDACTED]! The possibilites are nearly endless, as this is mostly a freeform game. PvP and Co-operation are included in those possiblities.

Spoiler: Animal Dossier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example traits (click to show/hide)
But how do we play?, I don't hear you ask. Well, that's simple.

((Note, where I say 'you roll {x}', I mean that I will roll the dice, but it will be rolled for you.))
Here's a discord.

Players will be accepted depending on character and my personal opinion of the player. I'm still accepting one more player, but the game has started, yet I may open it up some more later.

Current Players:
-UXLZ
-ironsnake345
-Sosoku
-Tiruin
-Sl4cker
-Yourmaster
-SentientBowtie
-Who knows???

Quote from: Handy hint about Turns
Turns work in major actions and minor actions.

Major actions take 3 hours, and there are a set amount of Major actions each day. These will be taken altogether for each turns, one for each player, and while players wait for others to catch up, they may perform minor actions.

Minor actions are taken as they come, and are most things that don't take particularly long. You might want to use minor actions before performing a major action, as they have to be plans for a decent amount of time.

Each turn is one Major action and {x} minor actions.

Combat is formulated so that people plan out 3 actions, and attempt to use them. If nobody is dead/incapacitated by the end of the match, another 3 turns are planned. I will simulate the actions that you plan, and the enemies action. Whoever initiated combat plans their actions when they initate combat, and the defender reacts to these actions.

IC Thread
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 05:15:48 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Chimpanzee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:08:55 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile

Will probably make a character.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

In. Making a character now.

Spoiler: Snek (click to show/hide)
Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:54:02 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Oh, hi!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will probably make a character. One question though: does flying on a bird count as a trait?

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile

Hello everybody!

It took me a while to decide on what kind of species I would play as in a game like this. After I remembered that octopodes were a thing, there was no question.
Anything I should change? I haven't quite figured out exactly how valuable those traits should be.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:01:29 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

What would a good item for a snake be? Can't think of anything.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will probably make a character. One question though: does flying on a bird count as a trait?
That'd be a trait, yeah. But I'd add it in myself anyway. It wouldn't cost anything.

Hello everybody!

It took me a while to decide on what kind of species I would play as in a game like this. After I remembered that octopodes were a thing, there was no question.
Anything I should change? I haven't quite figured out exactly how valuable those traits should be.
Looks good atm.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

I think I finished. Thoughts?

Glory to United Forenia!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

In, and I want to know if I can do this,
Spoiler: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaants!! (click to show/hide)

If not, then I'll make another sheet real fast.
Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 07:52:13 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile

Oh, HP and pain threshhold are seperate things. I might have to ammend my rubbery ability...
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I finished. Thoughts?
Probably need more detail on items and traits, but if I'm honest I'm unsure if I'll accept you regardless. Nothing personal, I just don't know if I want to.

Oh, HP and pain threshhold are seperate things. I might have to ammend my rubbery ability...
Yeah, might wanna change it to HP bonus.

In, and I want to know if I can do this,
Spoiler: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaants!! (click to show/hide)

If not, then I'll make another sheet real fast.
That seems genuinely interesting!  I might make it that you have to eat more, though, or you lose ants. And, the less HP you have, the less ants you have. Maybe make another sheet just in case? Seems neat, though.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Blorble! (WIP) (click to show/hide)
Can I do a slime?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:53:46 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It should be balanced, tell me if i have to change something.
Spoiler: Nosfy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:23:36 pm by Leonardo8 »
Pages: [1] 2 3