Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pantheon III IC-Thread  (Read 2391 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon III IC-Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 04:03:55 pm »

The guardians of the place were not fools, they would not let him into their inner sanctum, even if he was a pilgrim. For now, the library had to suffice.

It was not so bad however, the dust of ages and the lore in the tomes giving him insights that he as not claimed yet in his previous travels. Maybe the key to defeating these monsters was here. Maybe, just maybe, the access to the Fathers Halls was here too...

Free act: Commit to research in the library - continue searching for means to destroy the beasts and forge a blade. Also, look into means of draining energy out of beings or acquiring souls, or just plain necromancy if such knowledge exists in the library.
Free act: look for a side entry through the library into the Fathers Halls if possible.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 07:12:18 am »

Corone

The Tutelaspera is filled with all kinds of Crowborn, many are indulging in the vices of the city, but some few are rather unhappy with the state of things.
Those few like you are mostly the scavengers of Old Ravenas who out of boredom look for interesting things.
You search along with them but all you find is dusty old machines you have no idea how to handle, but they are certainly old and appear to be from a previous age.

Trebonius

The learned man turns out to be one of the keepers of the Temple of Corvus in the City, secretly selling off scrolls to increase his own power. You can't quite figure out where he keeps the stones but you learn most of his daily routine and the place where he sleeps. You figure that you could attempt and kill him simply by dropping one of the chandeliers in the library on him...or attempt to kill him in his sleep.

Talvius
The library is utterly disappointing. You find records on how to forge but nothing beyond normal steel. You found records about magic, but nothing that is not given by the gods themselves or you do already know. In fact you find nothing about necromancy either.

As you walk the expanses of the library you find a single side entrance to teh Fathers Halls...just sitting there...unguarded, unlocked. Curious.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 08:56:18 am »

The City grew and the pilgrims came. Now was not yet the time to act, but to parley.

---

The North. Lo had never liked this part of the world; far too savage and far too brutish for her, although Ushtam had always held strong opinions on conducting an eugenic program or something like it. Of course, then Udil had gone and forced her to bend the knee, alongside the Lord of the Wilds. Lo wondered what had happened to her former colleague but as of now, she had business with the new power in the North.

Or at least, Lo assumed that this 'Euvon' would seek dominion here. He had already spreading its winter down south into Eversummer, which was looking like it needed a new name. A bit improper to make its name ironic but then again, gods were odd creatures.

And there he was now, looking every bit like Feros of old.

"Euvon, I imagine? Would be most improper if I am wrong. Lo, goddess of Improvement, former captain of the Tutelaspera, former member of the Guardian Pantheon, former matriarch of the Shattered and former vassal of the Godslayer. I come to make your acquaintance. Now tell me, what do you plan for this world?"

Upon hearing the Elder Goddess's question, Euvon's face became thoughtful. The Seasonal God remained sitting cross-legged for much time, deep in thought. Until finally, he nods to himself, before speaking:

"Ancient One, to speak truthfully, I have no momentous designs, no cunning schemes, nor any grand plans for this world. I was formed of the Earth, and shaped by the intricate beauty of nature's cycle of change. I simply wish to set the Seasons in balance, so that each Season might have its time, and that the Earth might not stagnate. I then desire nothing more than to experience nature in all its splendor, and to enlighten any mortals who would heed my word. I have no desire for omnipotence, rather, I am content as I am."

He Who Turns The Wheel stands, and nods to Lo, before setting off into the woods.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 04:16:19 pm »

The opportunity was too good... but the owners of this place might take a very unkind view on the invasion of their adytum, or gleaning of any of the items that might lie inside.

The path was clear, the future unknown. Talvius hated that, but without knowing the odds, there was only one thing he could do.

Enter the Fathers Halls.
Use Minor Act to become invisible and sneak in.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:02:45 am by Ardas »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 04:35:44 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 11:02:25 am »

Time. An universal commodity, though ever scarce, nevertheless necessary for any successful plan, given a little creativity.

Enact the plan below.

--

Acquire a humble residence in the city.

Join the temple's keepers. Bid my time over the years, reading the scrolls for knowledge and tending to my duties.

Acquire an obscure delayed-action toxin with a flammable antidote, one dose of the antidote and one of an unrelated substance with the same appearance as the antidote.

Hide the dose of the unrelated substance in a remote location.

--

Poison the target's last meal before they head back home, when the opportunity to do so safely presents itself.

Ambush the target in his home, in the middle of the night. Hire a karas mercenary to wait outside, in case it comes down to a fight.

Offer the antidote's location for the gems. Insist he leave the city and never return afterwards, so as to make the offer seem legitimate.

If he accepts, give them the location of the false antidote. Take the gems. Go to the false antidote's location to dispose of the body.

If he refuses, pretend to grow scared and give him the real antidote. Firebolt the flask when he tries to drink it, causing his face to catch on fire. Call the mercenary in and finish the target off. Take the gems and dispose of the body.

Either way, denounce his robbery of scrolls to the other Keepers by the morning, claiming to have confronted him over the topic, to which he fled the city.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:23:40 am by Azthor »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 04:07:17 pm »

I can't do this alone.

A plan. More heads were needed for it, but not ones bowing down to the old ideals. More hearts were needed for it, but not ones tainted by the decadence. More hands were needed for it, but not ones afraid to get dirty. Healthy people were easy to find in this city, so that wouldn't be a problem. But how could one recruit all this without raising the wrong kind of attention?

Corone finished pushing the last piece of junk aside. This would be a humble abode. Likely temporary, but so is everything. More importantly, it would be a simple rally point for the next phase of this recruitment strategy.

[a symbol depicting a crown over a broken six-spoked wheel]

A beast defeated, city raised
now fed from silver trays
the beast, adventure, shall be praised
where ancient tech decays

Corone put her brush back into the paint bucket. This would pull all sorts of curious people down. Then to separate the wheat from the chaff...

Behind the curtains red I wait
for those who brave the strange
for those who would control their fates
for those who wish for change

Another message, left under a large, conspicuous symbol not too far into the ruins. Only the brave, the foolish, and the truly bored would follow an anonymous message to such a shady place rather than go back to their revels. Corone turned back to return to the building she had started squatting in.

Free Action: get a red curtain or blanket from somewhere. Set up shop deep in the ruins the Tutelaspera in a large but relatively unremarkable ruined building. Clean it up some, and cover the entrance with the cloth and mark it with the crown-and-wheel symbol.
Free Action: under the cover of night, apply the first graffiti poem around Torresse and the second in a conspicuous place near the Tutelaspera's most prominent entrance, erring on the side of caution when it comes to stealth. Return to base and be ready to meet anyone who decides to follow the messages.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2016, 06:53:47 am »

Corone

You wait for them and they come. Few at first but in pairs of two and three soon. In the end you have fourty Crowborn awaiting what you have planned.

Talvius

Made invisible through your own power you sneak into the side entrance and stumble directly into a Njôltun.

Really? he looks at you incredulously. You must have made some god angry to be so horribly unlucky. Or maybe the Father smiled on me...one of those two.

Trebonius

So what are we looking for Dakles? the Fjortun looked expectantly at his subordinate. The Lesser Giant of War next to him seemed more enraged than usual.

Mad Firestarter. burnt down half a city quarter. Apparently tried to poison Old Maxim the Library Keeper. Maxim survived and tried to defend himself as far as i can tell. Eyewitnesses also tell of an angry Karas who got mixed up in it.

I have no idea how he factored in however. Looks to me like a botched Amateur Job.

Any valuables taken?

We are not sure. Propably Maxims gems, most of them at least, if not all. The Karas is dead, crushed by a support beam snapping his neck.

Body Count?

One or two hundred. some are still burrowed under debris. Those two didn't skimp on the fireworks. We presume he fled for the countryside. I sent some men in pursuit once we figured out that the culprit managed to leave the city...

Lost 1 Minor Act
You gained and lost a Karas Mercenary
you killed Maxim the Library Keeper and stole 2 of his Magic Gems
gained 1 Firebound/Naturebound Minor Act per turn
you now have an unnaturally lengthened lifespan.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:03:10 am by Ghazkull »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 04:03:18 am »

As the last of the Crowborn arrived, Corone slowly stood up to address the impatient crowd.

"Alright, everyone, well done for finding me. I'm sure you're all wondering why I would taint that beautiful city above us with graffiti. Why I would ruin the perfection of it. It's simple. To take it closer to actual perfection. As I understand it, most of you are, ahem, archaeologists from Ravenas, as am I. We know how to survive, live, even thrive in a hostile environment. We've learned from the mistakes of the past and built a civilization from mere remnants. The decay of the old has brought growth of the new.

"As Torresse is now, the populace sits idle in endless revels. They think that all is as good as it can ever get, that nothing new needs to be made, that the revels can go on forever. But none of that is true. Now that the Gods are here again, they seem to have forgot how to live for themselves. They have become entirely reliant on Lo's gifts. Decadence such as this has leads to nothing but decay and destruction, as proven in history. It is an unstable system. But if we introduce that same decay in more controlled amounts, something new will grow. Imperfection is the seed of the improvement Torresse stands for. It gives purpose for new ideas, new inventions, new expansions to the city. And more importantly, the city will survive. It will live. It will thrive.

"My name is Corone, and I am imperfect. For the city to survive, imperfection is needed. And I have just the plan for that. Are you interested?"

Free Action: try and convince as many as possible of the maybe-recruits to join me in this quest.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2016, 05:54:21 pm »

"Oh mighty one, it is indeed your lucky day, for you have found me! Poor was my disguise, you saw through it but my talents are more, if you care to hear me out."

This was do or die. Faced with a giant, odds were so small, it was his only option. To bargain for his life.

"I am a seeker of knowledge and among your wise kind I sought answers to troubles that wreck the world - I can be your agent, if you desire to influence the world, or correct the injustices of ages past. Perhaps, there is something I can do for you directly? a desire or a plan that you have, but needed an accomplice that could deliver, without implicating you? Name your desire, oh mighty one, and I submit myself to your service."

Offer myself as a servant. If that fails, take him on.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 06:53:47 pm »

Talvius

Oh Father as thou art in the Aether, save us oh father from the madness of the learnedmen! You are the third madman this week and im tired of this. You know we have a front door. You could supplicate there but no you assholes have to ruin my day and walk in through here. That's it ill seal this door off AND YOU! You are going to help me.

Hours of back-breaking labour later you find yourself out on the street, your life still yours but with nothing to show for your efforts but bruises, a sore back and lots of dust on your good set of clothes.

Corone

Your argument is recieved...poorly. out of the 40 or so that arrived 3 stay with you. The rest leaves not because they dont think like you do but because you make an awful orator and in their opinion they could find someone better to lead them...Oh well, 3 are a beginning at least.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2016, 09:05:37 am »

Turn 1

As mortal Ascendants scrambled for power, Elder God and Younger alike excercised theirs.

In the Shadelands, the endless drudgery of the Luminicients and the Shades came to a sudden stop when Yukara appeared. Consumed by the Last of Yun, the luminiscients were turned to another purpose their souls melded condensed and retooled they were turned into the Hope of Yun.

A mixture of the nature of the Luminiscients and the Hopes and Dreams of Yukara, the Hope of Yun was not simply a shield. It was a mighty artifact healing even the most grievous wounds and reversing even ageing. This mighty artifact however took time to bring its full effect to bear, making it useless as a tool for combat.
However in due time it could even bring back a dead god.

Meanwhile the shades, left without a opponent, began a new to cover the Shadelands in a Black Desert, without opponents the task was done within a few years. Their taks complete, they became aimless as once more they had been robbed of purpose.
For years they stood in silent contemplation, before finally a council was convened. A congregation on a massive scale, the entire remaining population of the shadelands assembled. It was a Synode of a most unusual sort. No arguments came up, no speeches were held. Silence reigned absolute except for the howling winds rushing through the black featureless desert around them.

Dwarves are by nature stubborn people. They rarely accept rules, but when they do, they hold to them with a fierce fanaticism unknown to any other species. Like so many things, worship of Udil had been slow to start and that of other gods even slower. But ocne established it has been persecuted with a fervor.

When the Dreams of mighty Yun invaded the Sleep of Dwarves, only few Dwarves went insane, only few Dwarves saw it as something great. A race who had so long seen itself as the most superior lifeform on all of Despair would not budge so easily because of
Dreams!

No. Instead they became incensed. How could they dream of such great a place which shadowed their own? How could they accept that? THEY WERE DWARVES FOR GODSLAYERS SAKE!

This could not stand. The stagnating Dwarfholds began exploding in activity. The Kings under the Mountains and the High Priests began funding great works of infrastructure. Megalomaniac structures from bridges over bottomless chasms, entire mountainsides turned into massive statues, fortress-cities of breathtaking size and scale. Mines long abandoned were reopened, Underways long abandoned were cleared of their cave-ins, and made grander than ever.
These gargantuan undertakings had a never before seen effect on the economy. The Dwarfholds were flourishing.

However not all were so incensed, those of lesser willpower...or faith, fell into melancholy. Hedonism became the name of the game, The Cult of the Dreamer, starting out as groups of rich nobledwarves spending their time with rapturous orgies soon became more organized. But for now it was a small speck, only a taste of things to come.

Moreso when these loose congregations of revellers were torn to pieces by bloody-minded monstrosities. Horrified Tales of the beast of the Underways soon became bedtime stories to frighten children with. Some spoke of this as a sign that the godslayer was returning. Others maintained that it was a descendant of the godslayer coming to take his rightful place. Amongst more educated circles it was even speculated that a particularly bloody-minded part of the white sisterhood had returned to their ancient warring ways.

As Yukara walked the Shadelands, she found them empty, devoid of life. Featureless deserts...until one day she saw something on the horizon, a blazing light, incandescent in its blinding brightness.
The Sun's Shard.

Old Hadria, long abandoned, had stood empty for aeons. But now, now it was once more a battlefield. As Undead and goblinoid fought tooth and nail for supremacy. Undead Cohorts of the Father's Cult against twisted mockeries of man.
For now it was a stalemate, luckily, for the beastly hordes were too occupied with each other to venture beyond the ancient city.

Lucky indeed, for the crumbling stale city states of Eversummer barely rated the name of towns, much less city or state. Decrepit affairs each and every one of them, they wouldn't hold a candle against a serious assault.

When the dreams of Nikalas beckoned them to greatness however a new ember was lit amongst the cold ash that was the ambition of the people of Eversummer.

It was slow, walls long forgotten were renewed, stocks of food were prepared and ploughshares were turned into spears and shields which were laid in hoard.

Amongst the Karas, ever a violent and belligerent people, the clans began a new era of civil war, ont he forefront a Karas Khan rumoured to cast spells of great power to vanquish his foes and strengthen his armies.

In the Fathers Halls, however this talk about enemies in the south was taken with the same apathy the giants had always shown in the face of divine shenanigans. One was used to gods battling and it was well-known from the fate of the three elder ones that interfering brought only misery.

Even as those things transpired in the Depths yet another city was raised. On the buried ruins of the Tutelaspera, the mighty Undercity of Toresse was built. Massive on a scale that would shadow even the size of Udilsbor it was a masterwork of architecture, city planning and masonry. Automated Aquaculture and Agriculture complexes see to all worldly needs while the Shattered Remnants take care of the maintenance of the city. It is a wondrous paradise and many of the Crowborn start worshipping the God who so generously gave them all this.

Some however are discontent. it is a gilded cage for them. There is naught to do but enjoy life, which enrages many of the former scavengers.
In this seed of discontent, the aimlessness and rootlessness of many of the others, the Dreams of Great Yun find easy purchase. Not harassed by mad monstrosities in the night, the Cult of the Dreamers grows at an alarming rate as many begin to lend their life to Hedonism.

And a fourth faction starts to appear, not many in number but quite vocal, a group of people had actively started worshipping the faith of the guardians, of the lesser gods of the corvid moon again. Despite the Daily reminder in Ravenas that their gods were as dead as can be, they loudly professed that they had returned. That they would be alive once more and that not worshipping them would bring great calamity.

It is in those turbulent times that Snow arrives in Eversummer and Spring in the North.

Eversummer had ever been incredibly fertile, and its crops had been exported to all continents. When the first winter arrived however, no one was prepared. Crops which had never seen a winter withered in the cold. People unused to snow and coldness froze to death in their own homes and cattle regularly shorn froze with them.

At first it was seen as a horrible omen, until it returned the year after, and the year after. Winter had a cataclysmic impact on the wider populace of Eversummer...just as Spring had one of great boons to the people of the North.

As Spring arrives, the struggling forest of the north expands by leaps and bounds, though within the forest nothing changes. Skrettir and Wildmen live as they had lived for aeons, in some sort of peace with the strange new arrivals, the Hortis. The forests were large enough for both of them and it hasn't escaped either side that it was expanding.

Although peaceful both peoples kept to themselves, although trade was a common occurence. So also worship of Feros and worship of Euvon was exchanged and became an ingrained thing in both cultures.

The Northmen, so long hidden in their mountain fortresses were once more thrown into a theological crisis of the worst sort. Spring had arrived and it was somethign unknown to them. First feared it soon became clear how good it was to them. And when Euvon personally arrived, it caused an uproar. Yet another God? Inconcievable! How should he be dealt with. Clearly he had power equalling that of the White Phoenix, The White Stag or whatever other Ice God they worshipped. And so Euvon the Ever-Wandering became a thing. A man who brough Plenty and Life with him in Spring.

With the better weather, the Mountainholds grew in size and soon the first settlements began to once more be established in the Plains. Especially since the spring had another side-effect, it caused the horrible beasts that once dwelt there, the Ice-Wolves and the Bears, the White Stags and Phoenixes to vanish to places unknown. They only came back in winter. Life was much safer and agriculture became a feasible possibility.

Ravenas stood empty. the Crowborn had left, the humans had left. The City was dead to them. And with that thought they broke something. As the last of the charges of the Guardians left the forlorn city, it became silent.

Argentus the Tree of Solitude, still adorned with the entrails of its maker and her colleagues, was now truly alone. Droplets of blood had never ceased to fall from the dead gods in aeons. However something else happened. As a single droplet fell, it stood in the air, unlike its brethren, it stood there and wavered. And then, ever so slowly, it crept back upwards, merged into the silvery bark and suddenly were the drop vanished, a silvery bud grew, and when another drop joined the first another, and another and another. Ever faster. And then the first bud opened, a flower silvery, iridiscent, red veins streaking along the petals, pumping as if alive...

And then the first of the corpses, that of Fatianna opened its eyes, a silver glow emanating from the socket. And then Corvus, and then Kar'lan.

Argentus, Voice of the Dead, Tomb of Gods, The Bloodsoaked Tree of Solitude, God of Renewal had awoken.

---------

Spoiler:  Gods (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2016, 02:46:37 pm »

Many of those who turned from the right path had fallen to Vanir's hands, blood was shed in large amounts and yet still this... heretical cult grew in number with each month that passed. They had to be stopped, such excess and hedonism did nothing to let dwarven-kind rise up to their rightful place once more. Vanir smirked as he walked the tunnels alone, the pickaxe he had carried for so long, reduced to little more than a club, still clutched firmly in one hand.

"Perhaps it is time to make a scene, heh. Sometimes a little slaughter is all that is needed to send the right message."

Laughing echoed through the tunnels as the bloodstained dwarf began his search.

Free Action: Find the location where the bulk of this Cult of the Dreamer meets.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2016, 01:28:34 am »

Torresse, ah Torresse.

Ushtam had disliked this decadence that had seeped in. She knew it would not do. She wished to deal with these degenerates, turn them into something better. Of course, Harum would never allow it. Instead, Ushtam would have to make do and instead follow another avenue of ingenuity.

Torresse attracted all sorts of fools and weaklings. She would not use them for anything more than breeders. She had already ordered all contraception banned from the city, an order that rightly bewildered more than a few. Secondly, she built up a new wall, portioning it off from the city, as well as the many luxuries it held. Thirdly, all citizens of the city were to tithe the Goddess offspring, a blood tax of sorts. Ushtam knew that there would be some sort of resentment or criticism but then again, all inhabitants were free to leave as the wished those weaklings more than likely valued their pleasure far more than their lineage.

These children would be the base of far more elaborate plots. Pure, innocent and free from the influence of the outside world and their weak parents. From them Ushtam would forge useful citizenry who would carry out her will, all the while ensuring Harum would remain peaceful. Their purpose was simple: be the best they can be. Weakness will not be tolerated and such weaklings will be returned to Torresse, where Harum would care for them. Those who remained, those great individuals with greater futures than that their parentage would predict, would serve Ushtam as her Secondborn. Born once from the egg, and born once more under her teachings, the Secondborn would serve as Lo's saints, who would improve the world through their actions.

Free Action: Remove all possible sources of contraception from Torresse.
Free Action: Announce an edict. All citizens of Torresse must tithe their secondborn offspring, bastards and any unwanted offspring that are less than a year old to Lo's 'priesthood'. Refusing to do so will result in exile from the city.
Free Action: A segment of Torresse is to be portioned off from the rest of the city that will house all children from the edict mentioned above. This suburb shall henceforth be known as Acarse. The luxuries of Torresse are not available in Acarse. Bland, somewhat nutritious food and drink is freely available at specific times in a day. Any desired luxuries must be earned through industry and work. Any inhabitants that wish to leave may do so but are reminded that they have as such, failed their Purpose.

Mercybound Act: Create Conchetta, Mentore Prima of the Newborn. Conchetta is a demigod-level motherly spirit that inhabits a  network of mechanical constructs that inhabit Acarse. Conchetta has the sole role of raising the children of Acarse, which she is able to do due to the many constructs she inhabits. Conchetta ensures that her wards are kept relatively healthy, educated and physically trained . Each ward is pushed to do the most they can do with those found to be particularly gifted at one activity educated in the ways of that profession. Conchetta extolls the virtues of Ushtam in her wards. Discipline, pragmatism, ambition and ruthlessness are valued whereas undue mercy, weakness, contentedness and hedonism are considered evil. Those who are found wanting will have their freedoms restricted, penalised and finally, evicted from Acarse. When Conchetta considers an individual fully educated, they are put through a simple test: stay in Torresse for three days without indulging in the city's pleasures. Those who succeed are officially inducted into the Secondborn, the Chosen of Lo. These exemplars have the simple order to Improve themselves or Improve the world and given freedom of movement. Those who fail the test are allowed to remain in Torresse.

Act: Create the Dreamcatcher, a divine virus that is laced in all of Torresse's food, drink, organisms and in time, inhabitants. In most people, the virus is harmless and inert, simply using the host to transmit itself to other hosts. If however it enters the body of a Cultist of the Dreamer, the virus will turn their skin/feathers/scales neon pink, their pupils octagon-shaped and give them a terrible stutter. Seeing/hearing any of these will insert the knowledge in any observers/listeners that the afflicted individual is a Cultist of the Dreamer. Anyone unaware of the Cult will simply know that the Dreamer is Not Good and may hurt you. Any afflicted individual is forbidden from entering Torresse. Should one actually enter the city, the virus will start disabling the body's ability to produce pleasure. Should they remain in Torresse, the virus will simply consume their brain.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:49:13 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2016, 07:11:28 am »

Life. Long-awaited, hard-won. How many eons had passed as they sat and mused themselves into oblivion? How many souls of the dead made a god?... No. This reward was not one for wasting on trivialities such as wonder. The Tree of Solitude could finally begin their work.

There was much to be done; the world had fallen in the wake of the Godslayer, and must be restored - no. Restoration was not quite accurate...reborn, perhaps. The Godslayer had done much harm in his conquest. The world must be renewed, starting with the city Argentus had slept in for so long. It was dead, finally, but it could live again. For that to happen, though, the rot would need to be cut out, cleared away, so that what remained could grow and heal. For that, there was need of workers. Humans and nagashor and crowborn once lived in this city. They could live there again. And to call them back...

Blood calls to blood. Build the city, and they would come. Argentus would make them come; theirs was not to remain defeated and scattered. They too, must be renewed. But to begin...ah. Of course. The dead. And who better to restore them than it's creator?

The husk of what was once the god of Death fell to the ground limply. From the branch it had pulled itself off of, blood dripped. And with every drop, the god-corpse seemed less empty. When it stood, slowly and clumsily, it was not alive, but neither was it truly dead. It was an agent of the Tree, now. By the time it descended into the necropolis that had been dedicated to it in life, it walked with strength. And as it walked, the bloodied footprints it left behind soaked into the very stone of the tombs, steps echoing so loudly in the darkness that they woke the dead. And then the Tree spoke. In dreams of those likely to listen, in the omens and visions and portents and divinations of all those who practiced the mystic arts.

We are Argentus. The old gods are returned in us, and we will restore this world to life once more. The Godslayer is dead. We are the Gods slain, awoken. In us is the replenishment of the world, and the remaking of fate. Ravenas will be rebuilt. Come and see.

Free Act: Grow roots far and wide. Begin breaking down the rubble of Ravenas; leave foundations and stones intact such that they may be reused, but tear down those buildings that would require demolishing in the reconstruction process. Clear roads and passages.
Free Act: Direct the Culler of Solitude to begin hunting the wyrms that have made Corvid and the area around Ravenas so dangerous, and work their corpses into something more serviceable for domesticated use.
Free Act: Appear to those who divine and those who would listen; including the Shades. For the Shades in particular, who are without purpose, direct them to begin excavation and preparation to construct bridges connecting to the fourth and eighth continents.
1 Deathbound Act: Reanimate/renew the Corpse of Kar'lan, God of Death, as the Culler of Solitude. With dominion over Death and claim over the Necropolis of Kar'lan once more, the Culler returns all souls it claims to the Tree of Solitude, and may reforge corpses to prepare them for new souls. It serves as a mobile extension of Argentus, acting as messenger, executioner, and reaper at once. As may be expected, it may kill essentially at will, selectively or un, as well as manipulating that which is dead or dying as it likes. It is not wholly without independence, and has it's own mind, though it is of course beholden to and part of Argentus still.
1 Lifebound Act: From the bodies interred within the Necropolis, create the Silveran. Almost identical to their appearance in life, a red mark on their forehead and eyes completely silver are the clearest indicators of their origin. Physically tireless, resilient, and strong, the Silveran may make more of themselves from any properly prepared (think embalming/anointing, mostly) corpse of a sentient being, with the appropriate ritual. It is considered inappropriate to kill someone in order to obtain a corpse. While they may die, they may be restored to 'life' by utilising the same means as is used to create new Silveran, whose souls are each a drop of the souls that inhabited/inhabit Argentus. Though always influenced at least somewhat by the body they inhabit (which is to say, the characteristics of the person that became the corpse that was used to make them influence their individual characteristics though do not wholly determine them), most Silveran are fairly social, and prefer activity to idleness; it is the energy they brim with; when you have no use for sleep, and need only rest one hour for every seven you work, life is best when there is work to do and friends to share it with. They have no true fear of Death, in part because they know they may be returned to life, though they are not uncautious, and prefer life to death, of course. They have little use for hedonistic pleasures; sex is meaningless to them and few if any drugs can affect them, though good food is always enjoyable to have.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3