Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: Derelict IC, Dwarves in Space!  (Read 17282 times)

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Derelict IC, Dwarves in Space!
« Reply #360 on: January 27, 2017, 11:50:24 pm »

(Well the password stuff was for the new player that's joining, apart from that i'm surprised that you guys didn't figure out what to do with the keycard. Apart from that Andrew might be able to unlock them.)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 28, 2017, 12:49:02 am »

(tbh I completely overlooked the key card. I don't even remember finding it. Thanks for the hint though)

Na'kal retrieves the key card from the pile'o'shit in the barracks, then tries to find whatever it goes to.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

StrangeSir

• Bay Watcher
  • КУШАИ ЛEMOHЧИК, ПAДЛA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 28, 2017, 05:26:36 am »

After realizing his calm situation, the synthetic looked towards the door of his snug little compartment and opens it with his electronic mind, stepping out with ease. He stood and looked around, wondering who--or perhaps what--it was that summoned him. Despite his usual cheerful mood, he knew his battery, memory, and power were all far below satisfactory, and was concerned as to why they were in such a state. Having his... well, himself, be corrupt as a result of anything would be considered by an organic as his worst phobia. After all, who likes completely losing control of themselves?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #363 on: January 28, 2017, 05:50:48 am »

"Let's see...." Andrew figures out which cable leads to thhe power supply, and prepares to disconnect it. "Hey! The power might go out for a bit, just sayin'!" Andrew then disconnects the power supply, and waits 30 seconds. "There should be a battery or jumper to reset the bios...." Andrew then attempts to locate such a device, if it is a jumper, he shorts the two pins, if it is a battery, he removes it and connects the terminals to negate power buildup. After waiting a minute, he replaces the battery or resets the jumpers, and powers on the console again. "Let's hope this worked."

((For reference: http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS , although two pin jumpers are common too))
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 28, 2017, 01:11:29 pm »

The card Na'kal finds seems like it wouldn't fit for a computer, from experience it looks like the kind of card which is used for personal holsters, you nearly put it on your keychain from habit.

Vitesse figures that whatever shut him down was probably the same thing that damaged him, the startup routine reminds him that the first thing he should do is get orders from an engineer.

Andrew goes through the steps simply on muscle memory, upon booting it up again he gets welcomed with a fresh startup screen

WELCOME BRIDGE OFFICER, PLEASE ENTER A USERNAME AND PASSWORD
USERNAME:
. . .
PASSWORD:
. . .

[Roll succeeded - 25(18+5(intelligence)+2(hacking)) vs 20]
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 28, 2017, 01:17:11 pm »

(Personal holster?)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #366 on: January 28, 2017, 01:30:46 pm »

"Here we go." Andrew chooses 'admin' as the username and 'password' as the password.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 28, 2017, 01:52:06 pm »

(holsters with locks, so people cant nick your weapon)

Andrew is greeted with a basic scanning ui with options to access scanned data, switch scanner settings and so on and so forth.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #368 on: January 28, 2017, 02:54:27 pm »

"If anyone wants, the scanning console is open!" Andrew begins a scan of the area, after which he takes a look at the communications console. He attempts to login with the account and password he just created.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 28, 2017, 03:10:40 pm »

Jonah grabs the sword Andrew discarded.

"Na'kal, lend me the card. I'm pretty sure it unlocks the sheath for this thing."

Should the card be acquired, he will try to unsheathe the sword using it.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 28, 2017, 03:30:47 pm »

INPUT DESIRED SCANNING RADIUS
. . .

(I'll wait for na'kal to say if he gives you the card, i'd assume he would.)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #371 on: January 28, 2017, 03:44:10 pm »

Andrew inputs 42. "Should be enough." He then proceeds to the communication console as planned.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 28, 2017, 03:47:02 pm »

(42 what? i have no idea how to work with that)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #373 on: January 28, 2017, 04:02:31 pm »

(42 what? i have no idea how to work with that)

((what would be the default unit? Use that))

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 28, 2017, 04:07:24 pm »

(42km in space is a very small distance, i thought you were gonna go for the orbit radius or maybe the solar system)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33