Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: Derelict IC, Dwarves in Space!  (Read 17290 times)

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Derelict IC, Dwarves in Space!
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2016, 06:39:22 pm »

Jacques finds that the corpses ribs have been dislodged and it's organs removed, only the puss-like flesh remains where it's insides should be.
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 24, 2016, 09:17:51 am »

"Is there more you want to do to this thing, or can I co ahead and incinerate it?"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

SaltySenpai

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no idea what he's doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 24, 2016, 02:22:54 pm »

"One more moment please."
I take out a syringe from my coat and slowly draw a sample and stopper it with a cap before replacing it into clothes.
"You may do with these foul beings as you wish." I say, waving dismissively at the bodybags.
"If you'll follow me to the table, dwarf. It's not the best but it'll do." I swap my gloves with a fresh, clean pair.
Not to worry mon amie, I can give you a doctor's note.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #303 on: November 24, 2016, 02:24:27 pm »

Andrew follows the doctor
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

SaltySenpai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 24, 2016, 02:33:59 pm »

I instruct the dwarf to lay down as I recollect the tools and an anesthetics canister.
"This shouldn't take too long. I'm afraid we don't have any lollipops, either. Now lie down so we can get this done", pointing to the table with a scalpel.

SaltySenpai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 24, 2016, 03:02:33 pm »

The dwarf finally laid down, I administer the general anaesthetic with the mask and rub disinfectant on his hand, and my tools. With great care (and scalpels) I cut open the hand avoiding any major vessels or veins and clamp the flow of blood with haemostats. Slowly retracting the skin, I proceed to slowly shift the bones back into place with another pair of haemostats. I apply bonegel, being careful to not damage any tendons before finishing up, stitching up the incision, resterilising the area, bandaging with gauze and splinting the hand.
"My deepest apologies mon amie; I lack the materials to make a cast, but this should suffice." I shrug, dip my scalpels in sterilant from the med bay and check the patient's condition once more using the medical HUD.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #306 on: November 24, 2016, 03:33:01 pm »

"Thanks!"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 24, 2016, 04:06:47 pm »

"Let's throw these out and make sure there aren't any more around, Na'kal."

Jonah drags the body bags and the corpses from Barracks to the incinerator. Once everything is in, he flips the switch. Or presses the button. Or whatever might activate the fire.

After that, it's back to exploring the ship.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #308 on: November 24, 2016, 05:27:57 pm »

"Let's throw these out and make sure there aren't any more around, Na'kal."

Jonah drags the body bags and the corpses from Barracks to the incinerator. Once everything is in, he flips the switch. Or presses the button. Or whatever might activate the fire.

After that, it's back to exploring the ship.
(I strongly suggest to close the door  :P)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 24, 2016, 05:39:53 pm »

"Agreed. Incinerate them and let's check this place out."

Na'kal lets Jonah handle the incineration and takes a general survey of the ship. Special emphasis on the number and function of all rooms.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:29:45 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 24, 2016, 06:13:40 pm »

(I strongly suggest to close the door  :P)
((Such details shouldn't be mentioned, honestly. And I wouldn't be surprised if the incinerator was made so that it can only be activated when it's supposed to.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 24, 2016, 06:42:46 pm »

Jacques finishes his surgery with no issues, without even getting any blood on his hands in fact.

(Also, i made it clear in the discord that you have no disinfectant.)

[Critical Success 29(20+2(Agility)+2(Intelligence)+5(Surgery) VS 15]

Na'kal traces through the ship, making a mental note of the rooms and what they do. He finds at the front of the ship lies the deck, where communications, scanners and piloting happens, the barracks and engineering are accessed from there. The barracks is where personal storage and sleeping quarters are. The medbay is accessed from the barracks and has the equipment for medical procedures and is made from sanitary materials for easy cleaning. Engineering has the core components of the ship, the generator, life support, the gravity generator and system management. Finally is the cargo bay, has the most storage of any of the rooms, it has docking areas and airlocks along with the incinerator and maintenance access for the enginers.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:08:17 pm by Kavrick »
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

SaltySenpai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 24, 2016, 08:02:04 pm »

((I knew, but couldn't be bothered to edit it since we were games. Also, holy hell I was expecting my first roll to be a crit fail, 10/10 would surgery again))

I take a moment or two to appreciate my handiwork while twirling a scalpel as I pack things away and a few haemostats into my coat.
Magnifique.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #313 on: November 25, 2016, 04:51:07 pm »

Andrew asks how long it will be until his hand heals completely, and then he wanders onto the deck to see the controls.

'Dum di dum...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 25, 2016, 06:49:13 pm »

After taking note of all the rooms, Na'kal looks around in the barracks to see if there is any food.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33