Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: Derelict IC, Dwarves in Space!  (Read 17254 times)

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Derelict IC, Dwarves in Space!
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2016, 12:35:54 pm »

From what Andrew can tell, the pod is far too small to have life support systems and that it relies on the cryo pods for keeping its occupants alive. The only spare oxygen is the oxygen in the canisters, he comes to the conclusion that the air in the pod will last you an hour if you're lucky.

The power systems in the pod are completely dry, not a single light is on, not even the backup lights are functional.
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2016, 12:51:14 pm »

'I d=suggest people get them air canisters on, we're gonna run outa clean air soon enough!'

Examine the canisters to estimate how much the air will last.

'I think we're gonna have to go outside our pod soon, we need power, air, and food. Booze would be nice too, but one can't have everything'

Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2016, 12:56:20 pm »

The gauges on the canisters read 3CGU each, Andrew knows that three compressed gas units will last three hours for the average person.

(Come on gwolfski, third of first person, this is simple for the immersion of the players and to help me decide what happens to your characters, vague strange commands will give me room to straight up kill your character, less of a threat, more of a "it'll happen eventually".)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2016, 01:07:27 pm »

"Alright, what about the rest of you? There's some nice stuff here and I can't carry all of it."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2016, 01:10:57 pm »

Mira tumbles out of the pod, gasping for breath.

"What the ehill' happened? Where's my loot!"
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2016, 01:11:32 pm »

The gauges on the canisters read 3CGU each, Andrew knows that three compressed gas units will last three hours for the average person.

(Come on gwolfski, third of first person, this is simple for the immersion of the players and to help me decide what happens to your characters, vague strange commands will give me room to straight up kill your character, less of a threat, more of a "it'll happen eventually".)

(So I use either 1st or 3rd?)

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2016, 01:13:48 pm »

(Whichever you prefer really, as long as it's read as your character doing something rather than a command it's fine.)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2016, 01:15:05 pm »

((He's basically just that instead of saying "examine this", say"I examine this"
Or "Andrew examines this"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2016, 01:18:16 pm »

((He's basically just that instead of saying "examine this", say"I examine this"
Or "Andrew examines this"

(Ok, Thanks!)

Andrew prepares to put on the EVA suit, but pauses, wondering how the oxygen supply works in the suit

'I would strongly suggest getting an EVA suit on, 'cause we need to leave this pod and have a look around. Or does anyone have other ideas?'

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2016, 01:22:23 pm »

"Well, for one, we need to make sure that when you open that bulkhead, you don't blow all of us out into space. Is there an airlock?"

Glory to United Forenia!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2016, 01:23:52 pm »

"Well, for one, we need to make sure that when you open that bulkhead, you don't blow all of us out into space. Is there an airlock?"

Glory to United Forenia!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2016, 01:25:22 pm »

'I wouldn't think so, this is an escape pod. Anyway, If I open it slowly, it won't suck as out.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2016, 02:08:16 pm »

". . . That's not how a vacuum works."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:11:27 pm by S34N1C »

Glory to United Forenia!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2016, 02:10:05 pm »

'It would suck slowly.'

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2016, 02:10:32 pm »

(Gwolfski, i hope you're joking, for everyone's sake)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33