Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Author Topic: Multiverse Bugaboo [IC Thread]: Probably Dead On Arrival  (Read 17788 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Bugaboo [IC Thread]: Probably Dead On Arrival
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2016, 03:01:34 pm »

The man fires a shot at the ground near the crazed gunmam.
"I asked you politely to stop. Please don't make me do it again."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2016, 03:03:11 pm »

Kurushimi just stares.
Black lives matter.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2016, 03:06:51 pm »

Nate activates his stealth suit and tries not to get shot.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2016, 03:10:58 pm »

The man fires a shot at the ground near the crazed gunmam.
"I asked you politely to stop. Please don't make me do it again."
"Hah! Didn't I already tell you, don't tell me what to do? You're a cheeky little one."
I can already tell I won't like this kid. Cheeky little shit, trying to tell me what I can and can't do with my own gun? I wave it a bit more at him. Dumbass.
The big, rather muscular blonde guy seems unfazed by the guy waving guns in his direction. In fact, he poses dramatically in a nonexistent dramatic wind.
"I am Cecil Cunningham the Third! Student of the Seven Sisters Drunken Fist! Surgeon to the Greatman Archaeology Company!"
"That's a lot of fancy titles you've got there, kid."
Man, who gave him all those titles? I bet he's made them all up, if he's even real.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2016, 03:17:43 pm »

They slowly turn to look, first at the knight, then the priest.

"What is your name?"

"I am John Brown, abolitionist and man of God. I have appeared with ye' on this plane beyond my mortal coil."

John Brown follows suit with about everyone else and reaches for his own gun in his hip holster when that...thing starts shooting in the air. "What is this? A message from God or an apparition of the devil? Should we tie it down and lash it?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2016, 03:19:27 pm »

The other man pauses and turns to John.
"You mean like... slavery abolition?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2016, 03:24:00 pm »

"Of course! What other kinds of abolition would there be?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2016, 03:24:44 pm »

They slowly turn to look, first at the knight, then the priest.

"What is your name?"

"I am John Brown, abolitionist and man of God. I have appeared with ye' on this plane beyond my mortal coil."

John Brown follows suit with about everyone else and reaches for his own gun in his hip holster when that...thing starts shooting in the air. "What is this? A message from God or an apparition of the devil? Should we tie it down and lash it?"
"Of course! What other kinds of abolition would there be?"
"Good news, slavery was abolished, bad news, you kind of didn't get to see it.

They're just confused, probably.  That said if they start shooting us I'd say shooting back is fair game."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2016, 03:29:42 pm »

"When was it abolished? It could not have been more than a moment before I traversed into this realm. I have no inclination to believe our crooked congress could pass legislation that quickly, or even in a hundred years! That is why the streets and field must run red with the blood of those who commit the Ultimate Sin before our Creator, and until their bodies are absorbed back into the Earth and their souls put up to judgement I can not rest. This is the reason why I can not die yet, for God still calls to me to complete my mission!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2016, 03:33:32 pm »

"Yeah, no civilised nation has allowed it for years maybe? I know you Americans fought a war to get rid of it in the 1800s?"
He looks thoughtful.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2016, 03:34:16 pm »

"In the 1860s, if I recall correctly, for at least most of the offenders.  The South seceded after a Republican President came into office, and then there was a war.  After that Congress passed three Amendments to abolishy slavery and suchlike.

For reference, I'm from 2016, so I might've messed up the times a little."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2016, 03:35:21 pm »

Ray sits up.
He finds himself straddling a girl around his age dressed in some manner of uniform, her pale hair spread out on the ground, a pair of vulpine ears emerging from it. Slowly, her eyes flutter open, golden, with vertical slits like that of an animal.
"Where am I...?"
Her eyes meet his and suddenly open wide, her body almost jolting with a burst of energy.
"Oh my~!"
All manner of the initial grogginess leaves her voice, replaced with energy and an ever-so coquettish tone.
"That's rather forward of you~ I didn't even catch your name~!"
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:37:46 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2016, 03:37:02 pm »

"... So we won?"
The man turns to an equally confused and hopeful Jackle woman.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2016, 03:40:37 pm »

Ray sits up.
He finds himself straddling a girl around his age dressed in some manner of uniform, her pale hair spread out on the ground, a pair of vulpine ears emerging from it. Slowly, her eyes flutter open, golden, with vertical slits like that of an animal.
"Where am I...?"
Her eyes meet his and suddenly open wide, her body almost jolting with a burst of energy.
"Oh my~!"
All manner of the initial grogginess leaves her voice, replaced with energy and an ever-so coquettish tone.
"That's rather forward of you~ I didn't even catch your name~!"
"Aaaah!"
Ray scrambles off of the girl, incredibly confused.
Sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2016, 03:43:55 pm »

John Brown softly grips Ray by the right shoulder and looks into his eyes solemnly. "That is comforting to hear, that people stood against the sin of slavery so long ago. But in the 79th century, slavery is still a ferocious beast, and every day more innocent people are forced out of their homes in Africa and stolen across the ocean on those horrid prison airships. What sort of person deserves that kind of treatment, an innocent soul at that?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40