Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: (OOC) Feudalism - A Multiplayer Kingdom Simulator  (Read 3443 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
(OOC) Feudalism - A Multiplayer Kingdom Simulator
« on: November 04, 2016, 02:58:25 am »

Main Thread

This is the OOC thread for Feudalism. Please put rules questions and the like here.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (OOC) Feudalism - A Multiplayer Kingdom Simulator
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 04:10:40 am »

An attack from lord stonetree... how unexpected! (not). What else could be the reason of the hidden turn?

Well, it looks quite grim and I don't think there is anything I can do to prepare before the assault begins. Still, I'll stay to the end.

Kashyyk, when I am killed do you want an help GM? :P

Ok, questions now:

1) where are my delegates? they are not abroad, but they are not in my holdings either. At least, one is missing. The other is, for some reason, in the town despite being trained in the capitol and sent westward?

2) did you add any resource income? I see no new resources, not even from the buildings I already had last turns, nevermind the new ones.

3) what does the yellow arrow from my capital to stonetree lands represent? it olooks like a movement I made, but I made no such movement.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 04:28:29 am »

I do apologize but tasty lands for cheap i couldn't resist. Saves me lots of resources to capture your lands instead of expanding myself.

Anyway Kashyyk there seems to be a missing part of my orders...i hired 12 dignitaries or so to be sent to all players with Trade Agreements...or do i have to do that ICly?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 04:30:57 am »

No hard feelings, ghazkull. I'll do my best to drag you in the mud before my demise.

Another question about resources: why are my quarries producing 80 blocks per month rather than 100?
edit: nevermind. I did not see the malus to quarry and mine on plains.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:33:12 am by andrea »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 05:17:35 am »

Rules questions: Can multiple levels of the same building be build simultaneously? For example, could I build 3 levels of Marketplace all at once, if I had the resources? Also, I should have a Clergyman at south H3.

Player Notices: I'm looking to import lots and lots of material and am willing to pay above market prices to do it. Please tell me what you (or your markets) have that you won't be using.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 05:42:43 am »

Another question: how did Ghazkull complete a mason guild and an ironsmith in his town in turn one, if both those buildings require 2 turns to build?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 05:44:35 am »

For Fortification II, what does the 25% extra space mean? Do the fortifications take up more space per unit and are thus cheaper to construct or what?

Also it seems like my dignitaries haven't done much work in husband-finding :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 06:17:25 am »

Probably it means space on the battlements, as in more units shooting at the enemy.(since fortifications I had a similar effect)

It could also mean using eldritch geometry to increase the space enclosed by a fortifications.  enclose a 4x5 rectangle, get 5 tiles extra space in a madness inducing extra dimension!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 06:21:09 am »

Yeah it's probably the first one.

But hey, nice to know we can build with future income as well rather than just the stockpile.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 06:21:49 am »

Can we?

If you talk about my turn, I built using resources bough from my quarry and lumber camp last turn, not income from this.

Actually, regarding that: I forgot to apply the malus to quarries on plains, so I bought 15 more resources than I could have. Conveniently, I have 15 logs left so feel free to remove those to compensate my bad record keeping.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:24:11 am by andrea »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 06:35:07 am »

1) where are my delegates? they are not abroad, but they are not in my holdings either. At least, one is missing. The other is, for some reason, in the town despite being trained in the capitol and sent westward?
That would be a mistake on my part. For some reason I decided you wanted to send your dignitaries to Akanius and Stonetree instead. I will fix that.

2) did you add any resource income? I see no new resources, not even from the buildings I already had last turns, nevermind the new ones.
Everyone should have gained resources from all the buildings they had at the end of the last turn. (Note the green numbers for gains and the red for losses)

3) what does the yellow arrow from my capital to stonetree lands represent? it olooks like a movement I made, but I made no such movement.
That would be a dignitary I mistaken sent to Stonetree.

Anyway Kashyyk there seems to be a missing part of my orders...i hired 12 dignitaries or so to be sent to all players with Trade Agreements...or do i have to do that ICly?
I must have lost track of that one. I will fix that also.

Rules questions: Can multiple levels of the same building be build simultaneously? For example, could I build 3 levels of Marketplace all at once, if I had the resources?
Yes.

Also, I should have a Clergyman at south H3.
Characters (Clergymen, Dignitaries, Stewards, etc) have a movement of three and do not suffer movement penalties. Your clergyman moved as far as he could last turn (to your town) he can move the rest this turn.

Another question: how did Ghazkull complete a mason guild and an ironsmith in his town in turn one, if both those buildings require 2 turns to build?
I forgot to add the months remaining to everyone's constructions.

For Fortification II, what does the 25% extra space mean? Do the fortifications take up more space per unit and are thus cheaper to construct or what?
You can fit 25% more men on battlements and behind protected shooting positions.

Also it seems like my dignitaries haven't done much work in husband-finding :P
I had something in mind for that, I just forgot to add it :P

Actually, regarding that: I forgot to apply the malus to quarries on plains, so I bought 15 more resources than I could have. Conveniently, I have 15 logs left so feel free to remove those to compensate my bad record keeping.
Will do. :P

I was expecting errors, but not this many. I guess this is what happens when I write a turn over several days with no more than 20 minutes per go. I will fix everything soon.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 06:42:45 am »

I have seen the green number, but in my case they are only the resources I bought last turn ( with the little mistake of me buying 75 stone rather than 60). It misses the resource income which should be 20 stone and 10 wood.
I suppose that resource buying also is limited by what we had last turn? ( as in, I can only buy 60 stone and 30 lumber)

Aside from that, everything seems ok. I'll post more questions/errors as they arise

Lastly, what happened to my research? do I have to keep researching it, is there a counter somewhere?

More questions:
Regarding my gold total: you did 1504-328.5=1075.5, which is missing one hundred gold ( should be 1175.5). But where does that 328.5 comes from? I built a market(100 gold) and invested in research(100 gold) and bought resources ( 30 logs for 4.5 gold and 75 stone for 7.5 gold, 12 gold total). Where does the extra 116 gold expense come from?

I see quarries and lumber mills require villein labour. That is fine,it avoids the snowball I was trying to get, but I did not see it written anywhere in the first post. Could you point me to the labour requirements so that I can plan accordingly?

I am afraid I caused many errors in my turn due to frequent updating.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:14:59 am by andrea »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 07:28:06 am »

About food is the 1k bushels for selling use? Would that mean the food proucded but not given in tax will be consumed?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 08:04:51 am »

I have seen the green number, but in my case they are only the resources I bought last turn ( with the little mistake of me buying 75 stone rather than 60). It misses the resource income which should be 20 stone and 10 wood.
I'll check that.

I suppose that resource buying also is limited by what we had last turn? ( as in, I can only buy 60 stone and 30 lumber)
Correct.

Lastly, what happened to my research? do I have to keep researching it, is there a counter somewhere?
Each topic has a goal, and each turn you gain 1d20 research points. Every one gold provides half a research point. The goal is intentionally left secret but I can provide you a guesstimate on turns to completion if you'd like. A lot of people have asked for their research to be private, so for simplicity I'm doing that for everyone.

Regarding my gold total: you did 1504-328.5=1075.5, which is missing one hundred gold ( should be 1175.5). But where does that 328.5 comes from? I built a market(100 gold) and invested in research(100 gold) and bought resources ( 30 logs for 4.5 gold and 75 stone for 7.5 gold, 12 gold total). Where does the extra 116 gold expense come from?
I suspect me being tired did this, but I'll check.

I see quarries and lumber mills require villein labour. That is fine,it avoids the snowball I was trying to get, but I did not see it written anywhere in the first post. Could you point me to the labour requirements so that I can plan accordingly?
It's in the first post, where those buildings are described.

About food is the 1k bushels for selling use? Would that mean the food proucded but not given in tax will be consumed?
Someone asked whether their castle's stores already had food in. I saw no reason why not, so I said yes. You only have to worry about eating your stored food during a siege, people will source food from the market with their own wages otherwise.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 08:07:02 am »

PTW
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4