Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Heroes of Tenath [8/8]  (Read 19963 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Tenath: Battle at the borderland [4/8]
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2017, 11:10:20 am »

Wfinishnup training and see about collecting a reward then head off
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2017, 08:55:55 pm »

"A monstrosity kin to one I have slain before, come back to avenge it's abominable brother. "

Euzaruoch draws Life Leech and attacks the bonelord, for Kallun and Zyugewolg.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2017, 09:42:45 pm »

Silently thank the gods that I finally found him. Enjoy their hospitality and hope no more trouble pops up.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2017, 12:17:39 pm »

15th Fourth Quarter 998

Sapphire and Jack

Next whole day soldiers were celebrating their victory in Isethian Camp. It wasn't the greatest of battles, in fact, it was the smallest one and first since  tensions between Iseth and Gretanar Empire risen. Some naysayers claim that good beginning of a war prophets impending doom, and that you can win a battle but lose a war, bringing also the topic of Empire's countless armies and Larramsirian traitors to prove they're right. Nobody listens to them though, the moods in the camp are very high. Jack is celebrating with the soldiers as well, while Sapphire knows that there are more important matters to deal with and takes him, so they'll discuss next assignment.

[5] Siblings went to leader's tent to meet with Unraill and several other people they met earlier in this camp. Ah, Sapphire and Jack! - Andes greeted siblings. We have won this battle! This is just the beginning of a chains of successes against empire! - Jack exclaimed. That's right soldier! We'll show these bastards that they can't defeat Iseth! - Unraill shouted, grabbing a tankard and drinking some beer. Sapphire knew that they can't celebrate like this for too long. While it's good to keep up the high morale and fighting spirit, we can't waste too much time on celebrating. What should we do next? - she asked.

[2] Andes placed the tankard on a table and said: We don't have any plans for you currently, so you can return to assignments previously given by king. Enemy lost his battlements and quite a good deal of soldiers. It'll take them some time to send reinforcements from within the empire. - with a stern voice. So, what are you going to do next? - Jack inquired.

[5] The camp would move on tomorrow, soldiers will be sent back home for the time being. Be aware that there's no war declared between Iseth and Gretanar Empire - they'll try to economically and politically dominate us first. That's why there were traitor-lords of provinces thrown to Darkbog, they were working for Empire and Larramsirians! Anyways, we'll blame yesterday's events on traitors within empire's forces. Guess we can only celebrate this day and move tomorrow. - he said, filling his tankard with booze from a nearby barrel.

[5] Siblings left the tent. Despite that Jack wanted to celebrate with other soldiers, Sapphire made him train anyway, saying that it'd be better if they exercise a bit before moving on. They went to their tents and had excellent training sessions, improving both their sword-fighting and using armor to deflect attacks.

Tyr Loknar

Taking his time in the mansion, Tyr rested well. It was just about time to ask about the reward and their next plans.

[4] Wandering around the mansion, Tyr heard the alchemists talking in a closed library. There was a study nearby, Loknar quietly entered it and looked into the room through the keyhole in doors. They were sitting by a table with piles of book placed on it. Curiously Llathandrill wasn't with them.

[5] Tyr heard their conversation. So the revenant is back, and he brought a companion... - said one of younger alchemists. He might be undead as well, can he be trusted ? We all know what that these vile other-realmers are capable of. - an old, somewhat unpleasant to look at alchemist added. Stop that nonsense! We all know that before and after Llathandrill's revival he was the most trusted member of our Lounge, and the same could be said about all his companions, other-realmers or not! - the man that greeted Tyr and Llathandrill argued with the two, someone else also said: It is necessary to mention that Llathandrill is neither under influence of Dark Sigils nor any other-realmer! We have revived him using alchemy, his abilities to read the sigils being only side effect!

[2] Suddenly one of alchemists noticed that they're watched. Wait! I think someone is watching us from the study! - he warned.

[6] Tyr quickly tried to move away, but he tripped over his own leg and fell at a desk, completely smashing it and making loads of noise! Let's go, quickly!

[5] Before they entered the study, Tyr opened a window and jumped out to the backide of mansion, then quickly rushed to the gardens and sat at a bench, unseen by anyone.

[4] After quite a while alchemists appeared. Have you seen anyone coming this way? - they asked. No, I haven't. Why do you ask? - Tyr lied.

[3] Someone broke into our study! - they explained. Anything was lost? - he asked.

[4] Luckily not, though a desk was smashed apart. - alchemists replied. That's strange indeed. Do you guys know where I can meet Llathandrill?

[2] The group spoke within themselves, then replied: No idea. You may check in the town. There was something wrong in their voice, but Tyr couldn't tell what. Well, it's time to go. I'll see if I can find him. - he said, leaving the bench and heading towards mansion gates.

[3] He left the mansion grounds and followed the path close to small woods, leading to city. No one was creeping up on him from behind, and there was no one ahead.

[1] Begone foul other-realmer! - someone in a cloak ran out from nearby forest and thrown a flask at Tyr!

[2] It hit him right at his chest, but the flask didn't broke and the liquid wasn't spilt! Wha!? Now, this requires an explanation! - Tyr shouted, raising his fists.

[Tyr: 5, Cloak: 5] Loknar charged at the man and made several punches, but the man either dodged or blocked all of them.

[Tyr: 3, Cloak: 3] This time the man takes initiative. He thrown another flask, but Tyr dodged it, then the cloaked man tried with a few kicks and punches, but Tyr blocked them.

[Tyr: 3, Cloak: 3] Loknar tried to land a hit, but the man dodged all the time.

[Tyr: 5, Cloak: 6] Finally the man made a mistake and lost balance after trying a strong punch, which Tyr used to land a good shot on him and knock him down! Suddenly five more of them appeared, the alchemists!

[Tyr: 2, Alchemists: 4] They quickly caught up to fighters and overwhlemed Tyr, grabbing him by his hands and holding in place.

[Tyr: 5, Alchemists: 1] Suddenly Loknar felt that alchemists somewhat lose strenght and broke free of their hold!

[Tyr: 4, Alchemists: 3] They tried the same trick again, but Loknar pushed them away.

[Tyr: 5, Alchemists: 1] Despite his rather weak body, Tyr managed to beat whole group with his bare hands!

[3] Now that we have this sorted out, we need to talk. - Tyr said, taking a seat on a small tree stump.

[1] No! We'll never speak! - one of them tried to shout, coughing up blood. You'll have to kill us all, foul revenant! - another one shouted while trying to get up from ground.

[3] I'm not any revenant and I don't care about all your crazy shit. I just want to know who are you, what's your goal and why do you threaten me! - Tyr shouted angrily.

[4] Llathandrill approached from the town and noticed Tyr talking with some cloaked people. He quickly ran there and screamed: What's going on!? - completely surprised. Damn it! We attacked wrong man! - one of cloaked figures tried to get up, but Tyr's firm kick stopped him. Llathandrill came closer and looked at a few of alchemists.

These were members of a Giant Scarab Lounge, they left us several years ago and were a threat for us since then. - Llathandrill tried to explain. What do you mean by saying us? - Loknar asked. I'll explain it tomorrow. Now we'll have to take them to our mansion for further interrogation.

[6] Alchemist with Tyr dragged some of cloaked men to the mansion, two of them managed to escape on the way though.

Euzaroch

Wha... what the hell is that? - Kallun mumbles out confused, partially awakened, restored from the clutches of death. A monstrosity kin to one I have slain before, come back to avenge it's abominable brother. - Euzaroch explained, reminding himself how he defeated a bonelord previously. You can't open these doors... - sorcerer warned with pain in his voice. What shall we do then? - he asked.

[4] Move the shelf, then kick the wall behind it - it should easily fall, opening a second exit. - Kallun pointed the shelf, fully waking up.

[5] Euzaroch did as sorcerer said and rushed out drawing Life Leech, much to bonelord's surprise!

[Euzaroch: 6, Bonelord: 1] Just like last time, he charged at the undead abomination and embedded his short sword in it's chest! The enormous skeleton with four normal-lenght arms protruding from it's chest and two enlarged one going from his back started gleaming with a deep purple light, several skeletons clustered out of the bonelord. Then the abomination exploded with innumerable shrapnells!

[Euzaroch: 1, Skeletons: 1] Flying shards of bones cut through Euzaroch's flesh, some of them lodging in his body and wounding him badly! The force of explosion blewn skeletons apart!

[6] Ungh... - Euzaroch fell down on the ground, blood puring out of his wounds rapidly. Suddenly time around the dying man seemingly stopped. Once again I have to save thee from certain death! - a voice from nowhere sounded and eerily resonated in his head. Yet once again thou have proven yourself worthy of mine attention! - the dark lord continued. I give you a link to fraction of my power, so you will increase it with each kill. Stand up, and grow strong dark champion!

[6] Blood flewn back inside Euzaroch's veins, shrapnells melted out and wounds closed. He grabbed his trusty Life Leech and got up from the cold ground. Suddenly four skeletons risen!

[Euzaroch: 4, Skeletons: 1]

They quickly leaped at him, trying to scratch his flesh out, but Euzaroch dodged and countered it with a quick slash that split skeletons' splines in half!

[Euzaroch: 4, Skeletons: 1] Revenants still tried to kill him, but Euzaroch simply crushed their skulls with few powerful stomps!

[4] Suddenly the Life Leech started glowing. Your sword shall be both a blessing and curse. It grows stronger with each undead killed, however it draws them closer. This is the last time we speak my champion! Follow the path of sigils and you will know what to do when the time comes!

With that connection with Zyugewolg completely disappeared, but the link grown heavy on Euzaroch's chest. He returned back to hdeout, to rest.

Vrillith

Another day in Skraelan villages. This was the right time to finish up training peasantry, take rewards and move on.

[6] Vrillith gathered eveyone from the village, people from several other settlements appeared as well. The training session went extremely good, but some of the townsfolk somehow got wounded during it!

[3] Before he could claim his reward, he had to check the blacksmith's work. He smithed a few crude longswords for people.

[3] Then Vril went to talk with people that hired him. Hey, I think it's about time for me to move on. You have been well trained we'll see, and there are many other villages that need such preparing. - he said.

[2] You're leaving us! We aren't ready to defend ourselves yet! - one of peasants started panicking, but Vrillith calmed him down: You have seen how I trained your people and can do such sessions yourself. Your blacksmith has been instructed on what kinds of weapons he should make. You even received people from other neighboring villages. It's the right moment for me to leave and prepare others.

[5] Well... I guess you're right. We are ready to defend on our own. Take supplies we prepared for your departure. - the man said and shown Vril where they left his supplies - food rations and water enough for five days.

[4] Then Vril left the village undisturbed. The weather was good to travel and it seemed that no one would bother him on the way.

[1] Suddenly he heard screams and looked back at the village in the distance - bandits attacked the village he left hours earlier. He decided to wait and see how it ends.

[1] After a long while the whole village started burning. Looks like despite all his help, bandits won anyway. At least he didn't burnt with them, it was time to move.

[2] It was getting darker and Vril had to find a safe spot to rest.

[4] There was a campsite of Order of the Rising Sun nearby! These knights are rumored to always have a spare tent for traveller, so it might be worth a try. As he reached the camp, one of heavily armed and armored knights approached him Who are you traveller? Do you seek our help? - he said with a somewhat booming voice. Yes, I'm from a village that was just burnt by bandits and I seek shelter for the night. - Vril replied.

[5] Be our guest wanderer! You can stay in a tent we prepared for wanderers, and you can get some food and water from our tavern-tent. - the knight said, showing which tents were at Vril's disposal.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2017, 12:41:13 pm »

Head to the tavern tent and eat and drink, try to figure out the reason the knights are here and see what they'd know of a certain rusty knife
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:26:28 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2017, 12:49:51 pm »

Get to work doing the other assignments we were given I guess.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2017, 05:24:45 pm »

"I met Zyugewolg once again last night, Kallun. He brought me back from Death's door. I've been chosen by the Dark Lord himself, he wants me to follow the path of sigils and says I'll know what to do then. Any idea what he could have been talking about?" Conviction in his eyes, Euzaruoch questions his mentor.

Try finding what the path of sigils is. Travel to it if possible, if neither Kallun nor I know then maybe a Pagan loremaster of sorts would know.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2017, 10:20:05 pm »

Listen to the mans explanation. Defend myself from durtger attacks if necessary.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2017, 07:02:50 pm »

16th Fourth Quarter 998

Sapphire and Jack

As soon as waking horn sounded, siblings got up and got their equipment together. Jack was still in excellent mood, just like other soldiers removing tents, preparing carts and horses and then marching off towards their homes. Sapphire and Jack were driving on their horses among the cavalry, slowly but steadily moving on, footmen in a long column behind them. It was time to move on to next assignment that king wanted them to do. Sapphire gave Jack a sign and they stepped off the Wolf's Road's path, stopping by a tall oak on a small hilltop, and took out their reports. What should we do next, Jack? - she asked. I think we should check the area around this trade route. Fifth report mentions outlaws attacking caravans. - Jack said while reading the report. Well, since we're already here, this might be a good idea. And in case of something getting wrong, our soldiers are still close! - Sapphire said and hidden reports in her equipment. The two reached leader of Iseth's forces and told him about their plans, asking for help in case of troubles.

[6] We may help, but only if you find their camps quickly, while we're still marching along the trade route. - Andes said, and this was enough for siblings to set off in search of outlaws.

[1] They didn't had to drive too far away from marching soldiers however, as a group of bandits jumped out from bushes, thinking that they'd be against a weakly guarded caravan!

[Siblings: 4, Soldiers: 3, Bandits: 2] Sapphire and Jack immediately charged on-horse, trampling two thugs and slashing at two more! Soldiers quickly made a battle formation and moved on against outlaws, pushing them back.

[Siblings: 1, Soldiers: 2, Bandits: 1] Suddenly horses of Sapphire and Jack were overcame by fear, and afraid of criminals they stopped in places, throwing siblings off their backs and standing still! Soldiers managed to hold their position, waiting and watching as bandits started retreating!

[Siblings: 6, Soldiers: 5, Bandits: 3] Sapphire managed to calm her horse down and get back up it's back. Jack had more problems with his mount, which made him rage and ended up with the horse kicking him at chest and throwing him on the ground! The kick was strong enough for a new dent to appear on Jack's armor! Soldiers lunged at thugs, slashing with swords and stabbing with spears. With casualities, outlaws were still able to defend, although their numbers grewn thin.

[Siblings: 5, Soldiers: 3, Bandits: 6] Sapphire executed another on-mount charge, knocking out three bandits with her horse's powerful trempling. Jack with some help of soldiers got up and running in between trees, ambushed outlaws from behind, slashing wildly with his claymore. At this points criminals pushed each other out of the group to make up some distraction and escape, which kinda worked.

[1] When their enemies scattered, siblings searched stuff that bandits were holding and they couldn't fin anything of use or any evidence that Empire's paying them to attack caravans. What do you think about this Jack? Should we move on with soldiers or search the area? These could be some random mooks that never had anything to do with Empire... - Sapphire asked with uncertainty.

[5] We may as well ask scouts that are marching with us, they could've seen or at least heard about those camps. - Jack quickly revealed sister his idea and they hastily moved on to ask the scout that they met in Andes' tent just a few days ago.

[2] Sorry, haven't heard or seen anything. We're in this are for quite some time, if there were any outlaw camps, we'd most certainly know. - the man said.

[6] It seems that the problem with outlaws in these areas would be better dealt with by hiring mercenaries to clear it. I think we can stop the investigation or give it to someone else, and move on. There are more important duties. - Sapphire said to Jack as they were following the soldiers, her brother finally calmed his horse and driving with her.

[2] The army got through only a small part of the trade route and made a campfire for the night.

Tyr Loknar

Next day Tyr met with Llathandrill and some of alchemists in the mansion's cellar, where they were holding caught cloaks as prisoners. They took a seat by a table and talked. I think it's time for explanations my friend... - Tyr started.

[6] I don't think you'd believe in this. I'm afraid that you'd call me and my fellow alchemists madmen... - Llathandrill wanted to keep it all secret, but this haven't satisfied Tyr's curiosity. It only increased his irritation. Just tell me already! Why are they calling you revenant? And why they attacked me to begin with!? - Loknar shouted, prisoners in the cell slowly started waking up.

[4] Alright, but remember that I warned you. - he started, taking out a few flasks out of a small box that was lying on the table. Years ago I had an accident when preparing a very unstable and dangerous brew... - he paused for a moment, as if memories of that time were painful - ...toxic vapours killed me in a few seconds. This happened in this cellar, though there was more alchemical equipment all around. - Llathandrill pointed at several spots around the cold, damp room. - Since nothing can go to waste, my friends took my body to experiment on it, and mistakenly poured a mix of components that would kill anyone alive, but miraculously brought me back to life. This is why I'm called a revenant - I live... again. - he said the last part with some kind of sadness and hesitancy. Right... - Tyr said with slight disbelief in his voice. So what about these attacks? - he asked.

[2] It's a part of a long and crazy story. You won't believe in any part of this... - once again he tried to hide something. I know you're hiding something... - Loknar said suspiciously.

[2] No, this is simlply beyond your comprehension! - alchemist replied, somewhat offending Tyr. Llathandrill....

[1] Before Tyr could finish, other alchemists present in the cellar approached him and were just about to grab him, saying: Enough of this. This is all you should know! - Tyr struggled. Fools! You'd be already dead if I didn't defeated these thugs! - he screamed out, and then came a voice from the cell.

[6] This is how Great Scarab Lounge repays for all your hard efforts! No good deed goes unpunished! - a heavily bruised up man said cynically and got up from ground. Alchemist instantly stopped, surprised.

[4] Don't listen to him Lor! He'll deceive you! - Llathandrill quickly reacted.

[6] What? Are you scared that your pal would find out that all of you are just some fanatics that make up stories about Outer-Realmers and some Aspects!? Nobody sane would believe in that. - the man continued. I might as well listen to him some more. - Loknar said.

[5] Alright, I'll tell you the truth! - Llathandrill finally decided to reveal the secret. Go on. - Tyr said, getting free from alchemist's clutches and taking a seat again. It was just the beginning when they revived me. Since then, I was able to notice places where strange energies gathered - places called by Sunrise Knights and pagans as Dark Sigils. - he said, taking out a note with symbol of a sigil drawn on it. A triangle pointed downwards, with blades of two greatswords disappearing in it. And what about these Sigils? - Loknar inquired.

[1] Their nature remains a mystery for us... - Tyr was unsure if he lied this time or said truth, it was hard to believe him after all this wierdness. Alright, so what was next? - he asked.

[4] With every discovered sigil, I received visions. Not about the future, but cryptic notes that with time unfolded into a great truth that lies behind our very existence! - the alchemist said with both fear and awe in his eyes. Different realities and realms exist at the same time, and we, humanity, are children of powerful beings that cam from outer realms! - Loknar stared at him with disbelief, but he kept asking: Tell me more about this beings.

[5] Llathandrill took a deep breath and continued on. Back in the days when gods brought life to Tenath, it was an idyllic utopia. There were no humans in that place, and any problems they could possibly endure. But then beings from the realms beyond came, each bringing an aspect unknown to the world - chaos, torment, sorrow and death. These beings started corrupting Tenath, and soon humanity appeared as offspring of chaos! - alchemist explained. So what does Great Scarab Lounge have to do with it?

[5] As soon as we found out about this, we didn't knew what to do. That was until we noticed that the corruption continues to spread until this day! We decided to act and destroy these beings, which we called Aspects. With help of cryptic notes left by Dark Sigils, we even managed to locate pocket dimensions within Tenath where these beings reside, which we called their domains. We sent some people to Domain of Torment using Sigil Stones, unusual objects capable of opening gates between realities, but they never returned. - Alchemist continued his unusual story. This sounds extraordinarily mad... What about the attacks? - Tyr asked.

[4] Llathandrill looked at the men closed in their makeshift cell, then back at Tyr and said: Originally, Great Scarab Longe's goal was to elliminate Aspects, but some people back then wanted to enslave them and use them for their own profit. This torn the Lounge apart and started a long conflict...

[1] Before he could finish, one of prisoners managed to find a few loose brick in wall and pushed it, making prisoner's a way of escape!

[Alchemists: 1, Tyr: 4, Llathandrill: 2, Prisoners: 4] Alchemists quickly tried to react, but two solid punches knocked them out! Tyr managed to block or dodge all attacks, while Llathandrill got a few bruises from escaping prisoners.

[Tyr: 2, Llathandrill: 1, Prisoners: 3] Cloaks quickly overwhelmed Llathandrill and beaten him until he went unconscious. Tyr still fought, but they had a slight advantage over him.

[Tyr: 6, Prisoners: 4] Once again Tyr proven that even physically weak, he can defeat any opponent on his way! He grabbed the box with potions and components and thrown some of them at prisoners. Toxic gases quickly filled the cellar and everyone began to cough!

[6] Everyone ran out, Tyr was busy dragging everyone out of the cellar and couldn't stp prisoners escaping to forest neighboring mansion grounds!

Later on when everyone woke up, he told them about their escape. Once Llathandrill asked: Do you believe us? - Tyr replied: I have to think about it... - and went to his room, to rest and think.

Euzaroch

After a night full of strange, somewhat nightmarish dreams, Euzaroch finally decided to speak with sorcerer. I met Zyugewolg once again last night, Kallun. He brought me back from Death's door. I've been chosen by the Dark Lord himself, he wants me to follow the path of sigils and says I'll know what to do then. Any idea what he could have been talking about? - conviction in his eyes, Euzaruoch questions his mentor.

[5] This is strange, but I might know something about those Sigils. - Kallun replied. - As I was lying on the table, cold and dead, there was only darkness and brief, blurred out memories of a strange place. It looked like ruins of some long forgotten civilisation, deep in the caverns. Then I felt a strong pain in my chest, and I saw a mountain with a rock that had a strange symbol on it - it was a triangle, with two greatswords, their blades disappearing within the triangle. As I woke up and blood started flowing in my veins again, a strange thought came to my mind... - Euzaroch asked: What was it?

[4] It was strange, as if I saw "The path is laid out with Dark Sigils. Stepping off of it is a certain peril." written into my mind! If you want to know more about why Zyugewolg chosen you and what is this Path of Sigils, then we must find that mountain.

[5] Suddenly Euzaroch realised that this mountain could be a place where he absorbed Dark Sigil into Life Leech, and this might be the starting point in the path! I think I know where this place is! I absorbed power of a sigil that was located there to resurrect you. We must go there as soon as possible! - he said with excitement.

[2] Kallun however wasn't so eager to leave his hideout yet. I'm still weak, just risen. We can move in two days, perhaps then I'd be able to move. - he said. So maybe we can train up my alchemy during this time?

[6] Wonderful idea! - sorcerer exclaimed and they both proceeded to work. Their equipment was damaged, but they managed to partially fix it, or at least not break it further. There was a problem with lack of components though.

[4] They decided to learn recipes and more about reading old alchemical notes, and they did it just well.

Vrillith

Next day Vril woke up and moved to Tavern tent to get some food and drinks. Everything there was free due to generosity of Sunrise Knights of The Order of The Rising Sun. It was a right place to ask about Blade of Blackwill, since Kaine mentioned that he was one of their witch-hunters. While ordering meals, he spoke with tavern keeper. Would you mind if I ask you something? - Vril inquired.

[3] Sure, go ahead. - a man in suit ornamented with sunrise symbols replied. What are Sunrise Knights doing here, close to Skraelan-Gretanar border? - Vril asked while starting eating.

[1] I wish I knew myself. You'd better ask someone of higher rank, I'm just a cook. - the bartender said, bringing Vrillith something to drink.

[5] After eating and drinking, he tried to find someone who could know anything about what's the Order doing here and about the knife he carried. He saw a huge knight clad in full plate armor sitting by a nearby table and decided to try with him. Excuse me, may I ask you something? - he asked politely.

[5] Yeah, I guess. - the knight replied. What's the reason for Sunrise Knight to dwell around Skraelan-Gretanar border?

[1] And why do you ask? Are you some spie? - the knight asked aggressively. No, I'm just curious.

[1] Curiosity might get you in troubles one day. Can't help you with that, a knight is bound to keep discretion or suffer same punishment as a traitor. - the knight explained. I see... Perhaps you may help me with identifying a special knife... You witch-hunters should have a lot of knowledge about weapons. - Vril asked.

[3] There are no witch-hunters or inquisition, these are lies spread by Church of Three Gods and Pagans. We have conflicts with both of these... - he replied. What do you mean by no witch-hunters and conflicts?

[2] Inquisition is long gone. Grand Master Loche Blackwill stopped it in last years of his rule. We don't usually bother with Pagans unless they murder for rituals or get in our way. And with Church of Three Gods... we have different opinions on some subjects, that's all. - the knight continued to explain. Wait, wasn't Loche Blackwill the most known witch-hunter, so obsessed with pagans that he was expelled out of the Order? - Vril asked with disbelief.

[2] That's a fairy tale spread by people to get Florins out of those who don't know anything about the Order. - he said, taking a sip from his tankard. And what if I say that I found a knife that could belong to Loche Blackwill? - Vril said, showing the knife to the sunrise knight.

[4] Let me see... - the man examined the knife closely, saying: Sunrise ornaments on the hilt... coiled rays of sunlight protruding from top of the hilt, it belonged to someone ranked as sunrise knight or above... characteristical channels in the blade that allow to better spread firewater... - he stopped for a while, checking a place where a gem should be in the hilt a few times, then said: This undoubtedly is a work of Order's blacksmiths. The gem socket indicates that this really could belong to one of our knights, and I think that it can be from the time when Loche chosen a new Grand Master then set off for a lone journey. - the knight concluded. Where can I get such a gem? What kind of gem it is? - Vril asked again.

[2] I'm not sure, I've never had Grand Master's dagger in hands. Nowadays we usually use rubies or sapphires for ornaments, but back in the days ambers were used to symbol sunlight. They say that it was used to amass energy of sun, so that no firewater was needed in combat. - he said, emptying his tankard. Where can I find a jeweler?

[5] The knight pondered for a while and then said: I think that one of those wandering jewellery merchants stopped by in our camp. Check in barrack tent.

[5] Vrillith immediately bid farewell and went to the tent where he could possibly meet with that merchant. Indeed there was a Larramsirian man with a chest full of jewellery, guarded by two mercenaries. Vril approached the man and greeted him: Good day! I heard that you may be a travelling jewellery merchant. Is that true?

[4] That's right. Are you interested in my merchandise? - the jeweller asked. Do you happen to have ambers in stock? Possibly ones that can be socketed into a dagger like this? - Vrillith asked, showing him the knife.

[6] You're quite lucky - I do have such stuff. Three hundred Florins for one. - the price clearly discouraged Vril, but this missing gem might be a key to recharge this blade. How long will you be here? I have to think about this... - he asked.

[4] The merchant thought for a while and then replied: Two next days. I'm waiting until Sunrise Knights do something with bandits on the road to Beakhold. - Vril bid farewell and went to tavern tent, to drink some more and think about blade and the knights, then he went to barracks.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2017, 10:40:09 pm »

Try to procure the gem and then explore the knight camp a bit more.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2017, 10:34:24 am »

Damn, I'm good at fighting large groups of people.

Decide that you will help them, as they seem to need a little muscle in their group. Insist that we go buy a proper weapon before moving on. Fist-fighting isn't going to cut it for much longer.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2017, 09:20:56 pm »

Continue alchemy lessons, then prepare to leave for the sigil path

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Tenath [4/8]
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2017, 06:47:59 am »

17th Fourth Quarter 998 - Morning

Tyr Loknar

Next day in the estate, Tyr with alchemists went to basement to check if their equipment was damaged. Thanks to Tyr's quick vial-tossing, they haven't had time to damage their expensive alembics, mortars, calcinators and alchemical components. Have you decided my friend? - Llathandrill asked when picking up a few vials from the ground that fell off a shelf when one of escaping prisoners smashed at it. Yes, I will help. - Tyr replied, not sure if it won't get him into grave danger. Excellent! Take these notes, they'll explain you our mission better. - he took a few sheets of paper from his pocket and handed them to Tyr. Loknar knew that he'll need a weapon to get through this ordeal unscathed, so he said: Thanks for the notes, I'll read them later. And there's one more thing, I need some weapon to help you better.

[5] Right... - he said taking out a sack with Florins out of his pocket. Take this, there's five hundred Florins inside. It should be enough to buy some good, steel weapon at Erdhen Smithy. You may also check the old armory in the estate. - Tyr took the sack and just before leaving, he said: Thanks, I'll be back when I get something.

[1] Loknar searched around the manor for the armory, but he couldn't find it.

[1] Then he tried to find someone who could guide him there, but all of a sudden there was no one in the whole building.

[1] Next he went back to the cellar, it was empty.

[3] Strange. - he thought, and took on the path towards the city.

Received: 500 Florins

Euzaroch

Sorcerer still needed some time to rest before they'll move on to path of sigils, so Euzaroch took his time learning alchemy.

[6] It wasn't easy without proper equipment and components, but he managed to learn a few recipes and brew some flawed potions: fleadust, rust-eater and firewater.

[1] They were unstable however, and they had to throw them away before they'll be dangerous.

[6] Another try at those potions ended up in the same way.

[1] This time they became unstable right after brewing them!

[4] Both Kallun and Euzaroch managed to escape from the contaminated hideout though.

Recipes learnt: Fleadust, Rust-Eater, Firewater

Vrillith

Another day at Sunrise encampment. Vril decided to buy the amber and see if it would help with recharging his weapon. He went up to the merchant and greeted him, then tried to haggle a bit - that price was still too high. Good day to you. I'm here for the amber. 225 Florins, right?

[3] Well... - he thought for a while - 250 and it's yours. - the merchant said, taking out a socket-able amber from his chest. Looks like we have a deal! - Vril exclaimed, giving the merchant coins and taking the amber.

[6] He bid farewell to the man and moved onto a small hill just close to the campsite. It wasn't a randomly chosen place - as it was still morning, first rays of sunlight striking through clouds hit right there. Vrillith placed the amber in dagger's socket - curiously it fit excellently. In just a second the amber started glowing, and the dagger repaired itself on it's own extremely quickly! However, the hill suddenly started shaking and a glowing stone burst out of the ground, floating above ground just in front of Vril and rotating.

[1] A bacon of bright, almost blinding light stroke out from it towards the sky! Vrillith took a few steps back, covering his eyes. Suddenly something huge hit the ground just where the glowing stone was. When the blinding gleam ceased, Vril moved his hand from eyes and saw a tall figure armored in a crimson scale armor and weilding a great sledgehammer! The figure swung it's great sledge, tearing small crater in the ground, then pointed at Vril and shouted: Ishkhatan`aar! - great might and bad intentions easily heard in it's voice!

[Vril: 2, Figure: 6] Before Vril could move, the armored figure grabbed him by his neck and threwn him at one of tents! Vrillith got only a few bruises, but all of it gathered attention of Sunrise Knights. Out-Realm Raider! - shouted one of knights. Three of them turned their swords ablaze with firewater and charged at him with their flaming sunrise swords.

[Sunrise Knights: 4, Out-Realm Raider: 5] They all made a flaming slashes against the Raider, but he easily blocked them with handle of his great sledge!

[Out-Realm Raider: 4, Sunrise Knights: 2] Then he counterattacked, with one powerful swing he sent all three knights flying and hitting the ground just close to Vril! Thelafair tyooledhyn! - he shouted out, chuckling.

Vril: Moderately bruised

GM Notes

I'm breaking in-game days into four turns: Morning, Noon, Evening and Night. This makes writing much quicker, gives more time to update character sheets (updated today), and allows players to take more actions. Going to write a proper Glossary soon - the current one leaves much to improve. I might also change weapon and armor stats from [Piercing, Slashing, Blunt] system into an overall weapon/armor rating.

If you wish, we can keep up with the current one week, lenghty updates.

Also: Good luck spazyak!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:14:29 am by Dark One »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2017, 07:58:37 am »

Try to use what ever power the dagger has on the men, other wise just keep back and assist the knights
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2017, 08:31:07 am »

Continue doing the assignments.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18