Athiest
- 35 (47.9%)
Undecided
- 1 (1.4%)
Agnostic
- 10 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: Religion discussion.  (Read 71470 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religion discussion.
« Reply #525 on: October 21, 2017, 05:06:45 pm »

In religious news... (Feel free to put 'scare quotes' on that...)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 22, 2017, 01:58:22 pm »

Wasn’t there another religion thread somewhere round these parts?

Ah well. Piston Testicle Warfare.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 23, 2017, 02:24:11 am »

sciorg is just a bunch of greedy sociopaths using religion as a front to hurt people. (Physically, financially, and mentally.)

At least with most other religious groups, the higherups actually believe what they are preaching. I somehow seriously doubt that Miscavige believes that Xemu blew up billions of people in space 747s, in a giant volcano crater, and that their tortured souls latch onto people and drive them crazy. He seems more than happy to charge people hundreds of thousands of dollars on auditing and tithes though.

Hilariously enough, there are former scientologists, who dissatisfied with the church leadership, have attempted to practice their religion free from Miscavige and his cronies, only to be attacked with copyright law and worse at every turn. To me, this clearly demonstrates that it is NOT about the religious belief, it is about the money, as far as SciOrg is concerned.

If people want to believe that a space tyrant solved galactic overpopulation by blowing up billions of people on a tiny planet in the unfashionable part of the spiral arm of the milky way using nukes and space 747s, that is their business. It is when they cause real harm to people, (again, physically, mentally, and financially), are shameless in doing so, and are opposed to the free (outside of their direct, totalitarian control) practice of those beliefs, that I call bullshit on their operation, and refuse to acknowledge them as a real religion. (I am not disqualifying the faith of the people who want to practice freely; I am disqualifying their leadership from being allowed to claim religious protection status to cover their crimes.)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:38:17 am by wierd »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 23, 2017, 02:39:02 am »

sciorg is just a bunch of greedy sociopaths using religion as a front to hurt people. (Physically, financially, and mentally.)

At least with most other religious groups, the higherups actually believe what they are preaching. I somehow seriously doubt that Miscavige believes that Xemu blew up billions of people in space 747s, in a giant volcano crater, and that their tortured souls latch onto people and drive them crazy. He seems more than happy to charge people hundreds of thousands of dollars on auditing and tithes though.

Hilariously enough, there are former scientologists, who dissatisfied with the church leadership, have attempted to practice their religion free from Miscavige and his cronies, only to be attacked with copyright law and worse at every turn. To me, this clearly demonstrates that it is NOT about the religious belief, it is about the money, as far as SciOrg is concerned.

If people want to believe that a space tyrant solved galactic overpopulation by blowing up billions of people on a tiny planet in the unfashionable part of the spiral arm of the milky way using nukes and space 747s, that is their business. It is when they cause real harm to people, (again, physically, mentally, and financially), are shameless in doing so, and are opposed to the free (outside of their direct, totalitarian control) practice of those beliefs, that I call bullshit on their operation, and refuse to acknowledge them as a real religion. (I am not disqualifying the faith of the people who want to practice freely; I am disqualifying their leadership from being allowed to claim religious protection status to cover their crimes.)

Do they think harassing these people will get them more adherents or something?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 23, 2017, 02:43:06 am »

No, they want all people interested in scientology to come to THEM, and PAY MONEY. (after they have abused social engineering and peer pressure to isolate and pressure people so that they can never leave, even if they want to.)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 23, 2017, 04:17:52 am »

I somehow seriously doubt that Miscavige believes that Xemu blew up billions of people in space 747s, in a giant volcano crater, and that their tortured souls latch onto people and drive them crazy.

Of course Miscavige doesn't believe in "Space 747s". That would be sacrilege. They were Space DC-8s.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 23, 2017, 04:23:43 am »

Bazinga!! :P

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 23, 2017, 05:12:31 am »

You people are weird.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 23, 2017, 06:05:50 am »

Scientology is one of the more insidious modern cults.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 23, 2017, 06:52:52 am »

Reset the poll, since it's been open for a long time npw, and I want to reset it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 24, 2017, 12:16:56 am »

Sorry, I just did my part in unresetting it.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 24, 2017, 11:20:37 am »

Soon, the Church of Other (please tell) shall oust the abrahamics and achieve poll domination!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 24, 2017, 11:48:26 am »

Soon, the Church of Other (please tell) shall oust the abrahamics and achieve poll domination!

Still far away from the numbers of the devotees of Athe

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 24, 2017, 12:21:13 pm »

Huh. My denomination tends to place the blood-stained sacrificial stone to the left of the imposing Altar of Doom, not in front of it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 24, 2017, 12:26:34 pm »

Huh. My denomination tends to place the blood-stained sacrificial stone to the left of the imposing Altar of Doom, not in front of it.

Hahaha. Ha.

Warm up the pitchforks.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44