Athiest
- 35 (47.9%)
Undecided
- 1 (1.4%)
Agnostic
- 10 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Author Topic: Religion discussion.  (Read 71313 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Religion discussion: The church of Bay12
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2017, 09:06:08 pm »

TempleOS

[irreverent irrelevant snip]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:38:15 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2017, 09:29:01 pm »

Hey, the question is still a fair one. "Favorites" doesn't necessarily entail you're particularly favored, just most favored. Perhaps sithrak intends to make your infinite torment marginally less infinite than everything else's.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2017, 10:38:42 pm »

Or, he particularly relishes your torment...

Or, as seems more in character with OT God--  Perhaps he loves you so much, that he gives you EXTRA discipline? (paraphrasing a few parables about loving parents beating their children with rods of iron and all that.)

As an aside, did that crazy guy ever publicly release TempleOS?  Now I want to ask it some very ... interesting... questions. :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:43:00 pm by wierd »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2017, 11:34:29 pm »

As an aside, did that crazy guy ever publicly release TempleOS?  Now I want to ask it some very ... interesting... questions. :P
AFAIK, it was always public for all to see.
http://www.templeos.org/Wb/Home/Web/DownloadOS.html#l1
Presumably the VMWare option.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 25, 2017, 01:45:09 pm »

I hereby convert to Christian Norseism
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 25, 2017, 02:41:09 pm »

That is one of my favorite bible stories.

They were in that desert because it took them like, one month to decide that the God who just flat-out wrecked the dominant military civilization with god-magic and parted the red sea in front of their eyes was no longer important, and then they started worshiping a baby cow made of their collectively melted jewelry.

Then they decided that that wasn't fair, so god made bread fall from the sky.

They got bored of nothing but dinner rolls, so he made poultry literally walk up and offer themselves as food.

Then they said that the free, divinely-sent boston market delivered to your tent-step every single day wasn't enough for their tastes, and they complained about that.

So he sent snakes. Do you like that? Do you like snakes? Do you not like the snakes? Is that your favorite side-dish? Tell me all about it.

I'm pretty sure his next response would have been velociraptors.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:43:40 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 25, 2017, 02:44:32 pm »

Don't forget the story about Jesus taming a family of dragons. How does everyone forget that story?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 25, 2017, 03:02:55 pm »

It's kind of hard without a GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND to rally around. The Imperial Truth probably has more potential to get some traction I guess, but even that's a stretch without ayys for humanity to be superior to.

Technically, we do live in the point of time where he was mostly remaining inconspicuous among the population and guiding humanity from the shadows.  Thanks to the addition of the ability to shapeshift, he can be anyone who was seemingly at the right place at the right time to prevent destruction.

As for the latter, just need to emphasize 'the stars belong to humanity, we only need to go out and take them,' with aliens being a secondary thing to be a demon equivalent separate from the daemons of the warp and the Chaos Gods.  Specific ayys can be added as discovered.
People tend to forget how open-minded the Imperial Cult could be. Really, the major tenets are "The Emperor is a God, treat Him as such, work hard and aid the Emperor's Imperium/Humanity". It's a very practical and openminded religion, really; It's only disloyalty and Chaos-worship that is punished with BLAM.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 25, 2017, 03:07:25 pm »

Isn't disloyalty defined as like, literally everything else though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 25, 2017, 03:08:06 pm »

Don't forget the story about Jesus taming a family of dragons. How does everyone forget that story?
Errr...that's a story? As in, a Biblical story?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2017, 03:19:53 pm »

Apocrypha, apparently. Pseudo-matthew, chapter 18.
And having come to a certain cave, and wishing to rest in it, the blessed [8] Mary dismounted from her beast, and sat down with the child Jesus in her bosom. And there were with Joseph three boys, and with Mary a girl, going on the journey along with them. And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired. Then was fulfilled that which was said by David the prophet, saying: Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons; ye dragons, and all ye deeps [9] And the young child Jesus, walking before them, commanded them to hurt no man. But Mary and Joseph were very much afraid lest the child should be hurt by the dragons. And Jesus said to them: Do not be afraid, and do not consider me to be a little child; for I am and always have been perfect; and all the beasts of the forest must needs be tame before me.
Ask not!
Ask!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2017, 03:22:24 pm »

Errr...that's a story? As in, a Biblical story?

It's in the Apocrypha I think. You know, the parts of the Bible that the Council of Nicaea (?) Didn't want us knowing.
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 25, 2017, 03:24:16 pm »

Is why no one remembers it, really. It's not an actual biblical story, just one of the mostly discredited bits of at the time contemporary fanfiction :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 25, 2017, 03:27:33 pm »

The entire bible is fan fiction that people picked and chose their favorite parts of. That is what the Council of Nicaea was about.

Edit: just realized I accidentally put the thread back on its rails. Just forget I said any of this and move on please.llp
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:41:20 pm by Hanslanda »
He's fucking with us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #239 on: March 25, 2017, 03:45:09 pm »

The Council of Nicaea did not discuss the apocrypha at all. The only resolution of note in that area was the declaration that Arianism was a heresy, which was a matter of interpretation.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44