Athiest
- 35 (47.9%)
Undecided
- 1 (1.4%)
Agnostic
- 10 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44

Author Topic: Religion discussion.  (Read 71378 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Religeon discussion: please no arguing.
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2016, 12:09:29 pm »

I think drinking flavored tea instead of pure tea is heretical. As such I call a holy war on the UK, North Africa, and most of the Middle East.

I kind of hope Asia and Japan jump on my bandwagon because they favor pure flavors as well and they'd give me the strenght of numbers I need to enforce my culinary beliefs.

Viva la Téconquista!
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Religion discussion: please no arguing.
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2016, 12:13:54 pm »

I was going to say something about Raëlguns but it's too on-topic.

Although Raël has apparently claimed that the aliens look like Japanese schoolgirls, so that's why he had to bone a lot of Japanese chicks to get closer to God. The scary thing is, I'm only half kidding here.
Spoiler: implying he's wrong (click to show/hide)
ayy lmao sempai~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2016, 12:17:40 pm »

ITT animu is just another cog in the aliens' plan to normalize their appearance to us so we'll be more docile when they finally reveal themselves as our lords and masters.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2016, 12:26:46 pm »

I am pretty sure that we already have religion discussion thread. The fact it has been turned into railgun discussion is unfortunate, but I hope it will fix itself soon.

Also no Imperial Truth/HumanityFuckYeahism on the list. I am dissapoint.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Official shitposting thread
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2016, 12:32:51 pm »

^^^^
People should really play with the titles in their posts more

The railgun thread would be in response to this thread originally being the "Religeon" thread.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 12:34:54 pm by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2016, 12:36:12 pm »

So guys, now that this is a shitposting thread, a reasonable discussion about religion would be off topic.

How do you guys deal with religious syncretism? If you are irreligious or secularist, do you abide by religious precepts?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2016, 12:38:52 pm »

do you abide by religious precepts?
I don't go around murdering, raping and stealing if that's what you're asking. I also tend to bathe quite a bit, wash my hands and teeth and so on.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2016, 12:41:46 pm »

Kot doth protest too much. That's an extremely specific set of crimes you're denying there, when nobody was accusing you. Exactly what are you hiding. Who are you?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2016, 12:42:43 pm »

I don't go around murdering, raping and stealing if that's what you're asking. I also tend to bathe quite a bit, wash my hands and teeth and so on.
Well those have lots of overlap between religious, martial and civil precepts, so I guess more specific religious precepts that are set apart in some way from more general precepts
Like secularists who take Sundays off or don't drink because haram

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2016, 12:44:54 pm »

Kot doth protest too much. That's an extremely specific set of crimes you're denying there, when nobody was accusing you. Exactly what are you hiding. Who are you?
WELL, YEAH, I HAVEN'T ACTUALLY BATHED SINCE YESTERDAY, I AM GUILTY OF A HORRENDOUS CRIME. I WILL GO WASH MYSELF WITH HASTE.
I must say I usually don't eat meat on Friday but that's more because other people care than I care, so there's that.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2016, 12:46:54 pm »

It is interesting the cultural aspects of religion- wait hang on, you are filthy?
WASH THE UNCLEAN

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2016, 12:48:21 pm »

About the only religious precepts I follow is not devouring people around me and the ocasional prayer. I'm about as religious as a burzum fan inside a dubstep moshpit, though there is sincere belief in me.

I just think ritual related preceps are dumb, unless you have to wear funny clothes, then I'm ok with it. Its also why I dont go to church if I can help it. Prob why I became a spiritist, since its really just christianity with rituals removed, spooky ghosts and reincarnation. Could use some funny clothes, though, we're in dire lack of funny clothing.

Also holy water tastes funny.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2016, 01:04:41 pm »

Also holy water tastes funny.
That, and fountain of youth water. It tastes like sub-par, unfiltered well-water, which is pretty much exactly what it is, but still.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2016, 01:44:24 pm »

I suggest to look into one important problem.
There is not enough ziggurats. Yes, there is not enough ziggurats and babylonian priests to call for bird Imdugud.
And when there is no bird Imdugud, sky bulls go amok and spoil our crops and cause global warming with their hot breath.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2016, 01:55:43 pm »

Jesus, this thing again? There's never been a single credible study that demonstrates that sky bull rampages are the direct result of human action. Correlation had never meant causation. Get off your high horse and get on your warhorse. There's sky bulls that need killin'.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44