Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 24: The Squared  (Read 43328 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 5: Lifting of the Fog
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2016, 01:06:34 pm »

"I don't want to over complicate the system. Perhaps a compromise between the two systems would be acceptable? Why not create both systems? The races of the world could decide what they prefer"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 18, 2016, 02:00:06 pm »

"I don't want to over complicate the system. Perhaps a compromise between the two systems would be acceptable? Why not create both systems? The races of the world could decide what they prefer"

"That's not a compromise, that's putting two systems in place when one would suffice."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 18, 2016, 02:09:23 pm »

"That's not a compromise, that's putting two systems in place when one would suffice."
"i agree we need 1 System"
"I think you can reach into abstract concepts by making connections to geometry and thus ultimately to mathematics.  By finding out magic numbers and the True names of abstract thought one can connect them magically.  So the concept of harmony is a form and a colour a number a name a feeling a sound. The mage searches for these things."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:18:17 pm by Detoxicated »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2016, 02:15:52 pm »

"I fail to see the need for only one system, haveing both grants more options. And that's rarely, if ever, a bad thing"

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2016, 02:19:04 pm »

"Prevents paradoxes and thus loopholes. "

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2016, 03:18:38 pm »

"I think you can reach into abstract concepts by making connections to geometry and thus ultimately to mathematics.  By finding out magic numbers and the True names of abstract thought one can connect them magically.  So the concept of harmony is a form and a colour a number a name a feeling a sound. The mage searches for these things."
"Not everything can be boiled down to numbers. Love, beauty, justice, for example."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2016, 03:24:56 pm »

Create another unit of 9E Artisans, near-ish the center of the disk.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 04:39:51 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2016, 03:31:47 pm »

Create another unit of 1E Artisans, near-ish the center of the disk.
((wait what, they cost 1E/unit? Aren't they a race?))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2016, 03:41:31 pm »

Create another unit of 1E Artisans, near-ish the center of the disk.
((wait what, they cost 1E/unit? Aren't they a race?))

((They are a basic race, from what KJP has said, unless I am thinking of the Technicians or something.))

"Should the carpets be red or blue? This argument is so far below me I feel like killing both of you just for bringing it up."

Make two more Pause!!!!!!!!!!? es!

"Soon, I will have all ten. Then things get interesting..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 18, 2016, 04:05:06 pm »

"Excuse me, the way the races of the world use magic is a pretty important desision."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 18, 2016, 04:44:20 pm »

"You fail to see the bigger picture, so your tiny mind would think that. The way magic is run is in the end, a cosmetic difference. Nobody lets the magic system's function get in the way of their goals."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 18, 2016, 05:41:51 pm »

"Ridiculous is only a god pretending to be creator and Victor of all..."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2016, 07:17:11 pm »

"Not everything can be boiled down to numbers. Love, beauty, justice, for example."
"Again you can empower symbols to represent something, maybe the will and thought of the mage could have influence on this. If for a duneling three wostrichbones building a bouqet represent love than he should be able to use it, just as another mage. Though I'd expect better results from the duneling because he has more sympathies and connection to his own love symbol, while a foreigner is not so connected to the symbol as he is from another culture."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 18, 2016, 07:23:09 pm »

"This system is too easy to abuse. There is nothing stopping a god from influencing their culture to produce strong responses from easy to gather materials."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 18, 2016, 08:02:37 pm »

"Well if we are not agreeing on a system I feel it will be abused even more... Maybe no magic then? I don't think so..."

"Also if we are actually creating a set of rules for this universe we can play with that. Once it gets abused we can reform the system..."

"Maybe if we took the system and each one added one thing onto it you would be satisfied..."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:35:57 pm by Detoxicated »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36