Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 24: The Squared  (Read 43392 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [9/40]: Tick -1: The Big Beginning
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 05:00:36 pm »

Exasperation: Yes, divine essence can pierce a shell of divine essence. That however, costs essence itself. The idea was to make it not worth the cost to attempt to steal the essence of a dormant god.
"So a god's corporeal being is worth nothing to you? Good to know."
Annoyance: I fail to see how an attempt at an automatic system to make attacks on dormant gods less appealing, means gods' corporeal beings are worth nothing to me. I don't even want to know what nonsense you've come up with now, since you like to just make accusations without actually explaining what you mean. Just shut up, as conversing with you is more trouble than its worth.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 05:01:39 pm »

Response: Thank you. Regarding ecosystem, I assumed that the life we create would be adapted to a blood-based ecology. Everything is vampiric maybe? It's not like mortals can drink normal seawater anyway. My intention was for the edges of the bubble to act as a seawall, though I wouldn't mind a disk-based variation.

"Less...Death? I am perfectly capable of stabilizing the bubble myself. If any of you get in my way, you will kill me, with or without coral."

((Also, that is kinda meta :P. We don't know what God Deaths do here, yet.))
((Divine Intuition :P. Or my future-self sent a message back in time to tell me.))

Muda sighs "And why, exactly, can mortals not drink normal sea water? It seems like a stupid thing to put in, to me."

((That double misses the point. On top of being metagaming, we don't know if it is *correct* meta gaming. The Voidstuff seems to work slightly differently each game, and there have been plenty of nondramatic God Deaths in past games. Its possible that God Deaths don't do anything to harm the stability of the bubble anymore, so acting on that assumption is a fairly bad idea.

Plus meta gaming just isn't cool bro  :-\.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2016, 05:02:27 pm »

Exasperation: Yes, divine essence can pierce a shell of divine essence. That however, costs essence itself. The idea was to make it not worth the cost to attempt to steal the essence of a dormant god.
"So a god's corporeal being is worth nothing to you? Good to know."
Annoyance: I fail to see how an attempt at an automatic system to make attacks on dormant gods less appealing, means god's corporeal beings are worth nothing to me. I don't even want to know what nonsense you've come up with now. Just shut up.

Cliche shakes his head sadly

"It pains me when a fellow deity does not appreciate the value of free speech. I pity any of the creatures that have to chafe under your rule."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 05:06:55 pm »

I Will Support all Mechanical Worlds, Although we should discuss why my idea of having a Pyramidal World made of Four Rotating Gears Would not Work.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 05:20:05 pm »

Iram listens to the debating of the other Gods and eloquently and passionately interjects, unknowingly spewing spittle everywhere.

"BUT SERIOUSLY GUYS! A DISK IS AN AWESOME SHAPE FOR A WORLD! IT'S SIMPLE AND IF WE DECIDE WE DON'T LIKE IT LATER, BIG DEAL! WE'RE FREAKIN' GODS, I MEAN, IF WE WANTED TO WE COULD MAKE IT IN THE SHAPE OF A TRIANGLE, OR A RECTANGLE, OR A DONUT! RAAGH! NOW I'M HUNGRY AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO EAT!"

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 05:23:46 pm »

[Panzer, The Bestest God and Bestest Armor]

A scarf flies in, but wait, that's not cloth, that's chainmail, a chain scarf. The chain scarf moves in the air, forming a helmet, and then solidifying.
"Mnya~h, hello. So we talking world creating? Eh, it'll be hideous either way. I'll go with The GodSea, so we can get to the important stuff."
Something scratches against the inside of Panzer's helmet, then it exits, it's some gauntlet fingers. Soon the rest of the gauntlet materializes.
A steel plate materializes and then lands in the gauntlet, forming another.

Panzer now is a helmet and a pair of gauntlets.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 05:25:04 pm »

My Idea is to make the World out of Four Rotating Gears around a Single Central Area, Which Amount to Making it out of Four Spinning Disks or Donuts Shaped into a Pyramidal Shape.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2016, 05:27:58 pm »

"A pyramidal world made of four rotating gears literally will not work, because they'll jam.

I don't know why I have to explain your own concept to you..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 05:32:24 pm »

My Idea is to make the World out of Four Rotating Gears around a Single Central Area, Which Amount to Making it out of Four Spinning Disks or Donuts Shaped into a Pyramidal Shape.

"I DON'T MEAN TO PUT YOU DOWN, BUT THAT'S WAY TOO COMPLICATED! WHY DON'T YOU JUST CREATE YOUR, YOUR GEAR-YMID, HAH, SEE WHAT I DID THERE? HAHAHAH! I'M HILARIOUS! HAH, HA, BUT BACK TO MY POINT! ANYWAYS, WHY DON'T YOU JUST CREATE YOUR GEAR-YMID AS A MONUMENT TEMPLE THINGY ONCE WE'VE MADE A WORLD? THAT'D BE PRETTY GNARLY!"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 05:41:30 pm »

"Gear-amid, friend. Gear-amid."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2016, 05:49:26 pm »

"And how would there be oceans?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2016, 05:57:22 pm »

"Gear-amid, friend. Gear-amid."

Iram's incessant chuckling at his own joke prevents him from hearing Cliche's statement, perhaps it is for the best.

"AH MAN, THAT RIGHT THERE'S A RIOT! GEAR-YMID! HAHAHA, THAT'S GODSDAMNED COMEDY GOLD RIGHT THERE!"
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:21:26 pm by Ardent Debater »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2016, 06:02:57 pm »

we May place Seas between the Gears in such a way as to Keep everything from jamming.
And Although It may Sound too Complicated for the Simplest of us it Allows for us to Power Massive Devices with the World itself.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2016, 06:06:50 pm »

we May place Seas between the Gears in such a way as to Keep everything from jamming.
And Although It may Sound too Complicated for the Simplest of us it Allows for us to Power Massive Devices with the World itself.

And, may I ask, what will power the "Gear-amid" itself?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2016, 06:18:18 pm »

At the Center of the Device we place either A Small Black-hole, Feeding into a Large White hole we can use to Enlighten the whole thing, Or perhaps an indestructible Adamantium Orb that Produces Power out of pressure.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36