Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 24: The Squared  (Read 43387 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [9/40]: Tick -1: The Big Beginning
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 02:34:16 pm »

"Well, sir, that sounds like you know something that you're refusing to share with us, the people.

What possible reason could you have for remaining silent... unless of course you're trying to hide your involvement?
"

Cliche scribbles furiously.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 02:46:34 pm »

"There must be oceans and seas."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 02:50:17 pm »

Oceans and Seas may be Spaced within the Gaps of the Cogs, and Rivers may Flow between them.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 02:58:12 pm »

"Well, sir, that sounds like you know something that you're refusing to share with us, the people.

What possible reason could you have for remaining silent... unless of course you're trying to hide your involvement?
"

Cliche scribbles furiously.

Muda would have smiled, had he anything resembling a face.

"Perhaps I did, perhaps I will, perhaps I am causing whatever this is. It is mine to do with as I please, it is of no concern to you if I was involved."

Oceans and Seas may be Spaced within the Gaps of the Cogs, and Rivers may Flow between them.

"I believe I will make myself clear that Cogs are in no way an efficient use of space, as apposed to any other shape."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 04:21:10 pm »

Lazan, upon waking, immediately begins writing in her book. She begins writing subscription of her fellow gods and goddesses, and chronicling what is discussed. 
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 04:23:00 pm »

Proposal: The GodSea

Description: A massive sea of blood, reaching to the edges of the bubble. Within the center is a large continent, with tens of thousands of smaller, but still quite sizeable, islands dotting the rest of the sea and some even floating in the sky.

If a god goes dormant, they gently drift to the oceanfloor, where half their essence and essence income is used to encrust them with a protective coral shell that will defend them against dangers. Should they awaken, or die, the coral shell floats to the surface where it becomes either a new island (if less than 10(?) essence was spent on it) or a new continent (>10E).

Primary Goal: Less god deaths.

Reasoning: God deaths are the primary threat to bubble stability.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:55:54 am by Demonic Spoon »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 04:29:34 pm »

"And allow those of us with ulterior motives to use their bodies for selfish gain? Not on your life, bub."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 04:30:38 pm »

"And allow those of us with ulterior motives to use their bodies for selfish gain? Not on your life, bub."
Confusion: The entire point was prevent using their bodies for selfish gain. You are not making sense.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 04:34:01 pm »

Confusion: The entire point was prevent using their bodies for selfish gain. You are not making sense.
"Yes, that is your point. Are you going on record as saying that a simple coral shell is able to deter divine will?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2016, 04:36:41 pm »

"Yes, that is your point. Are you going on record as saying that a simple coral shell is able to deter divine will?"
A coral shell made of divine essence for the purposes of protecting the god in question yes. Coral was simply to fit with the aquatic theme. You are being deliberately obtuse. We are gods, the material used does not actually matter.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 04:42:08 pm »

Description: A massive sea of blood, reaching to the edges of the bubble. Within the center is a large continent, with tens of thousands of smaller, but still quite sizeable, islands dotting the rest of the sea and some even floating in the sky.

If a god goes dormant, they gently drift to the oceanfloor, where half their essence and essence income is used encrust them with a protective coral shell that will defend them against dangers. Should they awaken, or die, the coral shell floats to the surface where it becomes either a new island (if less than 10(?) essence was spent on it) or a new continent (>10E).

Hearing Pharact's suggestion, Iram stops scratching himself with his shadowy flanged mace, to wave it in the air enthusiastically.

"A BLOOD SEA!?! SOUNDS AWESOME! COUNT ME IN, SLIMY WIZARD LIZARD! THE WHOLE PREVENTING GOD DEATHS SHTICK'S PRETTY GOOD TOO, 'CAUSE IF GODS DIE, THERE'S LESS CREATION GOING ON, WHICH MEANS LESS WARFARE, WHICH MEANS IT GETS BORING! WAIT A SEC, AS RAD AS A BLOOD SEA WOULD BE, IT WOULDN'T BE ALL THAT GREAT FOR ACTUALLY SUPPORTING AN ECOSYSTEM! I HAVE A BETTER IDEA, WHY DON'T WE JUST MAKE THE WATERS BLOOD-RED COLORED, INSTEAD OF MAKING THEM OUT OF ACTUAL BLOOD? YOU KNOW, SO MORTALS CAN DRINK IT AND NOT BE WEIRD AND STUFF! ALSO, IS THE WORLD SHAPED LIKE A DISK? BECAUSE DISKS ARE PRETTY AWESOME, AND YEAH THE WATER MIGHT RUN OFF THE SIDES, BUT IF  WE JUST MADE THE WATER EVAPORATE INSTANTLY WHEN IT FALLS OFF OF THE SIDES AND HAVE WIND PUSHING INWARD FROM BEYOND THE DISK, WE WOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM!  BECAUSE THE WATER CLOUDS WOULD FORM STORMS AND GO DEEPER INTO THE WORLD, AND REFILL THE OCEAN! WHILE CAUSING SEASONAL HURRICANES! WHICH ARE AWESOME! MAN MY IDEAS ARE ON POINT RIGHT NOW!"

Iram pumps his fist in excitement.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 04:44:31 pm »

A coral shell made of divine essence for the purposes of protecting the god in question yes. Coral was simply to fit with the aquatic theme. You are being deliberately obtuse. We are gods, the material used does not actually matter.
"Divine Essence we all possess. Are you really so naive?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2016, 04:51:51 pm »

If a god goes dormant, they gently drift to the oceanfloor, where half their essence and essence income is used encrust them with a protective coral shell that will defend them against dangers. Should they awaken, or die, the coral shell floats to the surface where it becomes either a new island (if less than 10(?) essence was spent on it) or a new continent (>10E).

"Less...Death? I am perfectly capable of stabilizing the bubble myself. If any of you get in my way, you will kill me, with or without coral."

((Also, that is kinda meta :P. We don't know what God Deaths do here, yet.))

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2016, 04:56:42 pm »

Hearing Pharact's suggestion, Iram stops scratching himself with his shadowy flanged mace, to wave it in the air enthusiastically.

"A BLOOD SEA!?! SOUNDS AWESOME! COUNT ME IN, SLIMY WIZARD LIZARD! THE WHOLE PREVENTING GOD DEATHS SHTICK'S PRETTY GOOD TOO, 'CAUSE IF GODS DIE, THERE'S LESS CREATION GOING ON, WHICH MEANS LESS WARFARE, WHICH MEANS IT GETS BORING! WAIT A SEC, AS RAD AS A BLOOD SEA WOULD BE, IT WOULDN'T BE ALL THAT GREAT FOR ACTUALLY SUPPORTING AN ECOSYSTEM! I HAVE A BETTER IDEA, WHY DON'T WE JUST MAKE THE WATERS BLOOD-RED COLORED, INSTEAD OF MAKING THEM OUT OF ACTUAL BLOOD? YOU KNOW, SO MORTALS CAN DRINK IT AND NOT BE WEIRD AND STUFF! ALSO, IS THE WORLD SHAPED LIKE A DISK? BECAUSE DISKS ARE PRETTY AWESOME, AND YEAH THE WATER MIGHT RUN OFF THE SIDES, BUT IF  WE JUST MADE THE WATER EVAPORATE INSTANTLY WHEN IT FALLS OFF OF THE SIDES AND HAVE WIND PUSHING INWARD FROM BEYOND THE DISK, WE WOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM!  BECAUSE THE WATER CLOUDS WOULD FORM STORMS AND GO DEEPER INTO THE WORLD, AND REFILL THE OCEAN! WHILE CAUSING SEASONAL HURRICANES! WHICH ARE AWESOME! MAN MY IDEAS ARE ON POINT RIGHT NOW!"

Iram pumps his fist in excitement.
Response: Thank you. Regarding ecosystem, I assumed that the life we create would be adapted to a blood-based ecology. Everything is vampiric maybe? It's not like mortals can drink normal seawater anyway. My intention was for the edges of the bubble to act as a seawall, though I wouldn't mind a disk-based variation.

"Less...Death? I am perfectly capable of stabilizing the bubble myself. If any of you get in my way, you will kill me, with or without coral."

((Also, that is kinda meta :P. We don't know what God Deaths do here, yet.))
((Divine Intuition :P. Or my future-self sent a message back in time to tell me.))

"Divine Essence we all possess. Are you really so naive?"
Exasperation: Yes, divine essence can pierce a shell of divine essence. That however, costs essence itself. The idea was to make it not worth the cost to attempt to steal the essence of a dormant god.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 04:57:57 pm »

Exasperation: Yes, divine essence can pierce a shell of divine essence. That however, costs essence itself. The idea was to make it not worth the cost to attempt to steal the essence of a dormant god.

"So a god's corporeal being is worth nothing to you? Good to know."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36