Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Inquisition Mission 2: The Means of Production (World of Darkness)  (Read 12071 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Base Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161162.50

Mission 2: Slaughterhouse

The team is sent to investigate a meat packing plant in the middle of Chicago. Sources indicate that the facility is linked to vampire blood supply. A cell of local hunters from the Union compact - a bunch of self-styled working class heroes fighting monsters and corporate fatcats to "protect the little man" will assist the team and provide backup.

Your primary mission is to infiltrate the facility and find any information linking the factory to vampire clients. Security around the facility is basic: some cameras, and rent-a-cop patrols. However, we expect private security to show up in force if the team is detected.

The Cheiron Group also has sealed orders for the team leaders:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is 7PM in the evening. You drive up to the neighbourhood where the target facility is to meet with your backup.

It is a 6 man crew, who introduce themselves as Mr Anderson, Mr Mason, Mr Barton, Mr Simpson, Mr Leo and Mr Neman. Between them you see a couple of submachine guns, an assault rifle, a shotgun several machettes, a sledgehammer and a fire axe. They are dressed in rough work clothes and thick jackets.

You are about 1 block from the factory. You see a barbed wire fence around the perimeter, a main gate with a guard post and gantries, as well as multiple cameras around the building and fences.

How do you approach?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:18:34 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Inquisition Mission 2: The Means of Production (World of Darkness)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 02:56:02 am »

"If security's supposed to be minimal, why don't one of us just walk up to the thing and knock?  Everyone else can cover him from behind the nearby buildings, and when one guy comes out, hold him up."

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 04:55:12 am »

Mirella raises her hand, smiling like a schoolgirl. 'If we're going to brute force it, we should take out the two cameras in the northeast. That will leave the largest gap. Otherwise if you're going to walk up to the front door, I do an amazing lost puppy impression. I can do that if you guys cover me.' Mirella is extatic about being on her first mission. She wants to hear what everyone has to suggest before choosing an approach. Mirella clearly believes she can walk up to the front door and have a good chance of convincing them not to kill her, at least immediately.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 08:53:24 am »

Sally stands with the main group, obsessively checking her Kevlar vest to make sure it's on proberly.

"I believe that silent infiltration is our best bet."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:19:05 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 01:13:18 pm »

How about a combined attack? I get the sense that union would like a direct attack, so part of the team goes to the main gate and raise cain. That provides a distraction for the other group to sneak around the back.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 02:11:29 pm »

Mirella thinks for a moment. 'If they see security cameras go out they will know something is coming. We need them distracted.' She thought who might be able to live through it. 'It'll have to be one of us and one of you... Misters from the union. Whoever it is better be good at talking. And they will search us. We couldn't take weapons.' She continues thinking.

'We need a distraction without a doubt but walking up to that door, if there really are vampires you must have a death wish.' Mirella shrugged. They needed to think of alternatives if they possibly could. They needed to settle on a plan before moving.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 02:53:31 pm »

How about a combined attack? I get the sense that union would like a direct attack, so part of the team goes to the main gate and raise cain. That provides a distraction for the other group to sneak around the back.

"If we're planning on going in loud, this'd be our best bet.  Everyone would be watching the cameras to the front if the forward team makes enough of a racket, rear team could take the stairs, provided the rear team has a way of quietly breaking through the fence."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 03:39:05 pm »

Sean turns to union and asks

Anyone got some wire cutters?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 05:42:22 pm »

Mirella takes out her infiltration kit, removes the wire cutters, waving them in the air.
'We don't want to go in loud, we need to do it quietly. Otherwise those playing bait at the front will be taken hostage or killed immediately.'
Mirella thought over it a little.
'If we can steal a car, we can crash into a tree out front, then approach the front asking for help. If you guys are around the back, it should be no problems.'
She smiles widely, mischief in her eyes.
'I can steal a car.'
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:36:26 pm by Sialia »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 08:21:41 pm »

"I am unsure of how I can be of use at the moment. I will accompany whichever group needs another body."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 08:35:21 pm »

"I'll head up the rear attack group, Mirella, it's Mirella right?, see if you can get a car ready.  Anyone with bolt cutters, follow me."

Put on balaclava and head a long way around to the east of the facility.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 08:59:20 pm »

Mirella stashed her wire cutters. She will need them to hotwire a car. She turns to the union hunters. 'Fair is fair. One of us is risking our neck walking up to the front door. One of you should come with me.' Mirella can be intimidating when she puts her foot down about what she wants done. She heads off to steal a car a couple blocks over. She'll choose one with no alarm, and which would be easy to get into and steal. She will smash the passenger window to gain entrance.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 12:03:53 am »

(( This discussion is a lovely change from YOLOing right in... Should make this a habit. ))
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 01:38:15 am »

((We were all just far too keen to get some Cullen killing done  :P))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 01:01:35 am »

Mirella stashed her wire cutters. She will need them to hotwire a car. She turns to the union hunters. 'Fair is fair. One of us is risking our neck walking up to the front door. One of you should come with me.' Mirella can be intimidating when she puts her foot down about what she wants done. She heads off to steal a car a couple blocks over. She'll choose one with no alarm, and which would be easy to get into and steal. She will smash the passenger window to gain entrance.

You drag one of the union boys with you. You find an old looking car that looks like it shouldn't have high tech security and attempt to jack it. You roll to pick the lock. Security + Intelligence for 5 dice. Difficulty 7. 2 Successes.

Then you need to hotwire the car to start it. Technology + Intelligence, Difficulty 7, 5 dice. 1 success, you just make it. You manage to start the car.

"I'll head up the rear attack group, Mirella, it's Mirella right?, see if you can get a car ready.  Anyone with bolt cutters, follow me."

Put on balaclava and head a long way around to the east of the facility.

"I am unsure of how I can be of use at the moment. I will accompany whichever group needs another body."

Sean turns to union and asks

Anyone got some wire cutters?

The rest of the team follows Joe round to the east side of the fence.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9