Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: [IC] Lairds of Orren  (Read 7058 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Lairds of Orren
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2016, 06:17:59 am »

"I'm of the mind to go in after them, get to the bottom of this.  Anyone feel like coming?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2016, 08:32:41 am »

"Sure, I'll go. "
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2016, 09:26:01 am »

"I'm of the mind to go in after them, get to the bottom of this.  Anyone feel like coming?"

She nodded to him.

"It's our duty to unwind problems like this, I suppose. I'm with you."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2016, 10:13:14 am »

"I may not be as experienced in dark magic and rituals like a couple of you, but fighting creatures is something I can do. Count me in. Unless one of us needs to watch over the Rangers incase anything else shows up. I can do that too, especially since I'm not sure how cramped that cave is going to be for me." Rathgar responds.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2016, 10:19:06 am »

"If anything comes after them, I suppose they'll have to follow us into the cave after all." Kat comments with a dry tone.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2016, 03:22:48 pm »

That's settled, head on in.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2016, 03:39:11 pm »

"Let's get this over with...

Also, I've never met any of these beasts before, but if they're cowardly, we might be able to intimidate them into submission. They're probably not suicidal, no matter how dumb they are. Not expecting much in the way of conversation, but they might be hiding something here all the same."
She hefted her javelin, not trusting her crossbow in the darkness of the cavern...thinking of darkness, she reached in her pack and drew a torch from it's depths-it's shaft composed of a long handle of scrap metal, it's head wooden, topped with a bundle of cloth coated in sticky pitch. In a few moments, her flint and steel had produced a merry little flame. She handed it to Nix, seems he seemed intent on leading the way.

"These creatures will like 'as see us coming from a long ways away, and they're no doubt better eyes in the dark. So we've nothing to lose by lighting the way. Anyway that's how I figure."

The only downside was that her torch had been designed for herself, and it looked like a matchstick in Nix's hand.

Action: Kat lights a torch and hands it to Nix! Follow him into the cavern, weapon drawn.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2016, 04:10:15 pm »

"Thanks", Nix said as he took the torch, and unslung his own spear.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2016, 08:38:26 pm »

Ratplac Warren
Tyr, Nix, Kat, Rathgar

The rangers continue arguing as the lairds take the initiative. With luck, their help will not be needed…

As the lairds march deeper into the cave, Nix at the head and Rathgar securing the rear, the rough walls threaten to constrict the passage entirely. Just as the cave seemed to end, the light of Nix’s torch catches a roughly cut hole in the wall. Meant for some small creature, the opening nearly prevents Rathgar from continuing. His strength, however, proves enough to breach thin portions of the wall. In fact, it buckles a little too easily…

The adjacent cavern more resembles a shelter, or some kind of underground storage. The walls, more finely formed than the cave’s, bears scratch marks and crude pictures. Rotting pieces of flax, perhaps remnants of sacks, litter the corner as well as wooden shards. An opening in the far wall, much more suited to human use, leads to a hallway. A faint light flickers in the distance, at a junction at the end of the hall. Six doors, three on either side of the hall, exude no light or sign of life. To your understanding, ratplacs haven’t the strength or intelligence for such intricate stonework.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2016, 09:45:31 am »

"So Ratplacs are either a lot smarter than we give them credit for, or someone was using their den to hide something...I need to take a quick look around, watch for trouble. Anyone that is alive heard us break through just now." Kat didn't bother lowering her voice. Instead, she began to search. It was important to know if there were actually Ratplacs living here, or if they had been recently evicted.

Action: Kat searches the cavern more closely, looking for signs of recent inhabitation-food and offal smells, footprints, lack of collected dust etc.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2016, 12:14:39 pm »

Rathgar remains silent, keeping an eye out for threats. He also looks up to check for things crawling on the ceiling, just incase.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2016, 04:08:02 pm »

Nix walks to the end of the room to the light source, inspecting the area for anything noteworthy.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2016, 04:26:27 pm »

Tyr stands guard, knife at the ready
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2016, 11:30:13 am »

(Bump!)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2016, 04:37:29 pm »

((Gonna be away for a while over Christmas, you can kill my guy off or NPC him, whatever works best. Cheers.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11