Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: [IC] Lairds of Orren  (Read 7077 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Lairds of Orren
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2016, 01:29:37 am »

Draw my spear, stab the handle end behind me into the beast, knock it back, then spin around and stab it with the pointy end.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2016, 04:17:47 pm »

Village Path
Kat, Tyr, Rathgar, Nix

Tyr's knife flies past the creature's head, serving it a nasty cut, but not much more. Still, it startles the beast enough to make it jump backwards, halting its attack for now. This quick attack, aided by Rathgar's primal roar, halts the other three creatures for a few crucial moments. One beast finds its courage, lunges forward, and receives Kat's bolt for its trouble. The shot doesn't stop the creature, but Rathgar's blade finds purchase and finishes the job.

Meanwhile, Nix executes a flourish with his spear, dazing the beast behind him, then felling it with a decisive thrust. He was free from engagement now, but Pesc was still struggling to find his weapon while repelling the other beast's blade.

The beasts are not as competent in a fight as they are at ambushing, and this would hold true. Guttural cries from the trees could be heard before a barrage of stones fall upon the lairds. Most miss, but one stone smacks Tyr in the back of the head, and a couple pelt the towering Rathgar in the head and chest.

COMBAT, ROUND 1

Beast 1, Fallen     VS   Kat, Hale, Inspired
Beast 2, Shaken         Tyr, Slight Injury, Inspired
Beast 3, Shaken         Rathgar, Slight Injury, Inspired
Beast 4, Shaken

Beast 5, Grapple   VS   Pesc, Grapple
Beast 6, Fallen            Nix, Hale
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2016, 04:46:56 pm »

"Cowards." Rathgar mutters under his breath, the pain from the rocks serving as an annoyance to fuel his slowly growing rage. He attacks another of the beasts with his machete.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:58:36 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2016, 04:49:54 pm »

"Get off of him you cur!"

Choke the creature attacking Pesc with the shaft of my spear, try to pull it back and away from him.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2016, 08:41:29 pm »

((Beirus you stole my color :(   ))

Tyr throws another knife at the creature.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2016, 08:58:20 pm »

((Beirus you stole my color :(   ))

Tyr throws another knife at the creature.
((My bad. Forgot I used navy this time. Green is kinda my default, if you couldn't tell by my avatar, and I figured it fit for someone from the wilderness. I'll change it to limit confusion, though.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2016, 12:13:18 pm »

Action: Fire upon another beast! Coordinate attack with Rathgar.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2016, 01:25:11 pm »

Village Path
Kat, Tyr, Rathgar, Nix

Rathgar's sweeping attacks keep the creatures back, but refuse to connect. Luckily, this affords his allies some breathing room as they pelt the creatures with knife and bolt. Kat's crossbow seems too weak to puncture their hides, but Tyr [CRIT] measures their movements with great precision. A flurry of two knives strike one beast in the neck, and another in the eye. The beasts, slingers included, seem to think better of this engagement, throwing their spears while scuttling away into the treeline.

Up front, Nix attempts to assist Pesc, but [CRIT FAIL] only serves to enrage the beast. The shaft of his shortspear crushes the thing's neck, causing it to shriek and flail wildly. Its strength proves too much, as its twisted dagger stabs into Nix's thigh. It breaks free of Nix and tumbles into the trees frantically.

Echoing barks show the creatures as truly routed, allowing the lairds to retrieve their mounts and collect their thoughts. Pesc is slow to recover, having received a nasty cut to his side. The collective medical know-how of the group alleviates his and Nix's wounds, but both men were still poisoned. It was too late to camp, Pesc insisted through gritted teeth. Better to head to the village and hope for the best. What they would find, though, would surprise even the veteran...

COMBAT END

Spoiler: Beasts (click to show/hide)
VS
Spoiler: Lairds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spoils (click to show/hide)

As they approached the village proper, everyone in the group would be treated by the sight of the towering construction. It was lit up by torchlight, men continually working on it into the night. That wasn't the strangest sight, though. Just near the entrance to the village, a small group of men, women, and children waited with torches and... gifts? Indeed, as Pesc led the group closer, they were received by adulation and awed gasping. Before the lairds could address the situation, a man in white robes broke from the crowd. He waved at the lairds, gesturing widely in some form of ceremony. As he neared, you could see jagged, fierce burn scars all over his exposed arms and face.

"Awe! It is the day of the fourth sign, the end of madness, the return of the highlanders!" As he rose his arms, several in the crowd cheered, but most looked on with silent awe. "I am Gumain, my lords, seer of heroes and hope. I anticipated your arrival. Oh, how I was doubted! But here you are, here to lift us from fool darkness!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2016, 01:46:40 pm »

Kat wondered how fearsome the Lairds must a sight make, stumbling in all dirty and wounded. Maybe these people were truly desperate.

She wouldn't toss away their good fortune, however. Assuming they weren't talking about sacrificing them to the Gods as a way of appeasement...she walked forward to greet the man in the robes on behalf of the party, with a courtly bow of her own. She figured Pesc wasn't the brightest star in the sky, and was likely to be made surly and undiplomatic by his injuries-he would likely forgive her a minor jumping of rank, if it got him into a warm bed a bit faster. And if he also didn't die of poison.

"...Indeed. We are honor bound to assist all free men and women to the light of civilization, as we call ourselves Lairds-and, you greatly honor the Lairds with your welcoming, Seer Gumain.

We have traveled long and hard, through storms of dark magic, foul miasmas...and many scaly, spear wielding, and stone tossing monster-men...to reach you. We have much to discuss with your leaders. The fate of a Laird who was sent here 'afore us, firstly. Still, might these other Lairds behind me who wish so, be tended for their injures and weariness, while you and I speak of things o' great import? A man, or two o' ours has taken on a wound bit by the pale poison, and poisoned wounds are fearsome things to leave untreated.

Also, no saviors high or low ever beat'ed back the dark without a full belly. Perhaps we should speak over a feasting?"
She finished humbly.

Kat was actually quite hungry.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2016, 01:48:51 pm »

Tyr stands in the crowd of Lairds as the robed man speaks. He decides to leave the response to his superiors.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2016, 01:53:02 pm »

Rathgar remains silent as he checks himself over to see his injuries.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2016, 12:16:24 am »

Nix drops down to one knee and his arms to rest, his eyes squinted in concentration. He must not pass out he must not pass out he must not pass out, GODS FUCKING DAMMNIT his leg hurt. Eerrggh. But not a sound escapes from his lips. He just hopes nobody's paying attention to him at the rear of the party, it was shameful the way he looked, downright pitiful.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2016, 02:51:52 am »

Brussen Gates
Kat, Tyr, Rathgar, Nix

The lairds limp response does little to impress the villagers, but Gumain's enthusiasm was unrestrained. "O, foul beasts plague even the greatest of us! Yes, we know of these beasts and their cowardly concoctions... Please, allow us to aid you-- It is just our greatest duty!" He nods sharply to some men in the crowd, ushering them forward. "Your steeds will be housed, your wounds cleaned, and proper accommodations will be ready for a much deserved rest. We will talk of your business over a hearty meal, and warm fire!" Pesc does nothing to stop the crowd from ushering the lairds forward... but then, he was nearly unconscious.

Brussen Hearthall
Kat, Tyr, Rathgar, Nix

A few hours later, after each lairds' injuries were tended to, they were brought to a central building-- called the hearth-hall by the villagers. The night was young, and excitement pulled villagers from their homes and to the hall, where the lairds were presented with a hearty, if plain meal of meats and cheeses. The men and women of the village looked upon the visitors curiously, from a good distance. It was almost enough to unnerve one's appetite... almost. The sheer quiet of the room would be broken thanks to the seer, Gumain. He entered, as jubilant as when he left the lairds to their recovery, arms wide with mirth.

"Ah, I hope you find our provisions adequate. Not fit to feed great warriors of your calibre, I know... But the best that could be gathered in this humble village." His voice oozed apologetic nuance, with a haughty air. "I understand you have something to discuss? I may not be a leader, per say, but a spiritual guide. Good enough for your words, I hope?" He sits at the end of the table, some distance apart from the lairds. He hardly acknowledges the audience, except when to shoo them from the feast.

Of notable absence was Pesc, who suffered a severe poisoning. The medicine folk assured the lairds that he was not badly injured, but required close supervision. Nix, on the other hand, was groggy from some poultice, and sore from the wound, but otherwise healthy. Rathgar and Tyr only suffered slight injuries, and Kat's cure was laid out in front of her.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2016, 03:11:41 am »

Nix nibbled at some cheese, doing his best to observe the villagers for any suspicious behaviour, despite his grogginess.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2016, 10:13:49 am »

Kat may have talked like a diplomat, but her eating habits were barbarous. She preferred to eat primarily with her hands, elbows on the table, talking between big mouthfuls. She had the way of eating, crouched over her food protectively, that suggested she was used to eating in rowdy settings. The food was excellent to her-she liked simple fare, as it reminded her of home-but, the lack of strong drink was disappointing. Probably for the better, though...

Between these thoughts, she struck up a conversation, waving a block of cheese at the seer like a royal scepter.

"Indeed. *munch munch munch* We came here seeking a man of ours, *gulp* who has been gone too long without words from afar. He came to help bring your village over to our cause...did he ever arrive here? And what madness has come over this land *crunch crunch crunch* you need our help so desperately?"
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:15:42 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11