Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How edgy is the man in black on a scale of 1 (least edgy) to 10 (edgiest)

1. Ridges on a cactus
- 0 (0%)
2. Attacked by monomolecular papercuts
- 4 (12.9%)
3. Edge la Edge: you bully
- 2 (6.5%)
4. Don't steal my Shadow Sonichu OC
- 2 (6.5%)
5. Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cries evertim series
- 2 (6.5%)
6. Crawwwwwwwwwling in my crawwllllll
- 2 (6.5%)
7. We're reaching Bismuth levels of edge
- 2 (6.5%)
8. Please dear you're making the children edgy
- 3 (9.7%)
9. LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOOOOAAA (the Naruto AMV)
- 4 (12.9%)
10. Wake me up WAKE ME UP INSIDE can't wake up
- 10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: WestWorld (TV show) Season 2  (Read 17433 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: WestWorld (TV show)
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2016, 01:31:59 pm »

HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN AAAAAH

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MAEVE THE FOOK U DOIN

OH MY GOD THE LOOK OF DISBELIEF ON THE HECTORS AND SNAKE LADY FACE HAHA

WHAT IS JAMIE LANNISTER DOING HERE

MORE WORLDS YES

THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY
NI
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:23:02 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2016, 09:50:36 pm »

Aaahhhh, I love this show.  It's not perfect and it has lots of flaws but I still love it it's great.  At the very least I'm not getting angry at it every five minutes because it did something horribly stupid like most TV shows.  And it's not constantly idiotic about how AIs work!

@LW
Yeah, interactive movie is very much what Westworld's going for.  Fantasy fulfillment too, to an extent, but murder and sex are pretty easy and simple, and that's really what the archetypal vidyagaem's about.  The super deep personality sim's only needed to make a movie, where you're watching characters react, rather than just shooting/screwing them and watching a nice animation.

Of course, lots of guests are just here for shooting and screwing, like blackhat, but the real story of WW mostly ignores them.  Blackhat's just an obstacle of little importance in the show, while whitehat's getting a lot of attention.

Completely off topic, but aside from Mephansteras, I only recognize you people from Ameripol.  Which makes it weird to see you in a nonacidic environ.  This forum has a remarkable degree of segregation.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2016, 12:15:22 am »

I just wanted to point out, since I'm not sure how many people noticed, that Director knew Bernard and Theresa were sleeping together, and this might have been relevant to later revelations. Maybe not though, since Stubbs was aware too.  It was something that was mentioned in an article about who might be robots. I might actually rewatch this show to see if there's more stuff like that to catch.
Also, from the first episode, I kind of thought of this as Jurassic Park meets Dollhouse. I really, really like this show.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2016, 06:27:46 pm »

I just wanted to point out, since I'm not sure how many people noticed, that Director knew Bernard and Theresa were sleeping together, and this might have been relevant to later revelations. Maybe not though, since Stubbs was aware too.  It was something that was mentioned in an article about who might be robots. I might actually rewatch this show to see if there's more stuff like that to catch.
Also, from the first episode, I kind of thought of this as Jurassic Park meets Dollhouse. I really, really like this show.
Yeah this series really feels like it benefits from rewatching once all the tweests are revealed
Really pleased with where the plot is going so far

They infuriate me to magma point
There is no evil the devil could perform that would irritate me more than their combined incompetence

WHAT IS JAMIE LANNISTER DOING HERE
MORE WORLDS YES
Ok I really need to see this ep

fokken 2deep4u

THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY
NI
MEDIEVAL WORLD?!!

Aaahhhh, I love this show.  It's not perfect and it has lots of flaws but I still love it it's great.  At the very least I'm not getting angry at it every five minutes because it did something horribly stupid like most TV shows.  And it's not constantly idiotic about how AIs work!
Yeah, I absolutely love how little I hate this show. The show is so unhateable, it's like bread.

@LW
Yeah, interactive movie is very much what Westworld's going for.  Fantasy fulfillment too, to an extent, but murder and sex are pretty easy and simple, and that's really what the archetypal vidyagaem's about.  The super deep personality sim's only needed to make a movie, where you're watching characters react, rather than just shooting/screwing them and watching a nice animation.
Pretty much agree bar the notion that WW is an archetypal vidyaem, I think it fits much more neatly in the interactive movie/wallet gouging walking simulation department xD
Also holy shit, think of how much gorillions of money WW would make simply by rebranding and becoming waifuworld. INFINITE MONEY

Of course, lots of guests are just here for shooting and screwing, like blackhat, but the real story of WW mostly ignores them.  Blackhat's just an obstacle of little importance in the show, while whitehat's getting a lot of attention.
In a way it's funny how key blackhat was to advancing whitehat and dolores's plotline

Completely off topic, but aside from Mephansteras, I only recognize you people from Ameripol.  Which makes it weird to see you in a nonacidic environ.  This forum has a remarkable degree of segregation.
Topics tend to be compartmentalized. It's funny as you say, politics are our WestWorld where people become salt dissolved in acid, but then on all other topics are jovial and hilarious

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2016, 05:46:41 am »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2016, 11:29:21 am »

You know what the funniest thing is? The Board of the park still maintains an illusion that it's in control.
The only thing they can do at this point is glass the place. Because every other thing has spun completely out of control.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2016, 11:44:19 am »

Spoiler: AHHHHHHHHHHHH (click to show/hide)

I think this is the most meaningful show I've ever seen. It's helping me understand things.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2016, 04:06:36 pm »

You know what the funniest thing is? The Board of the park still maintains an illusion that it's in control.
The only thing they can do at this point is glass the place. Because every other thing has spun completely out of control.
Obligatory other Nolan
It's really astounding how incompetent the company is from leadership to grunt. This is why you don't let your employees drink and have sex robots at work

I think this is the most meaningful show I've ever seen. It's helping me understand things.
Maximum deep

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2016, 05:22:11 pm »

I mean, the notion of firing Ford that has been mentioned earlier is ridiculous. "Hey, you know that guy who advanced AI development decades ahead of our current tech to play god in a theme park? Let's screw him out oh his life's work! Surely he has no power to get back at us."
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2016, 06:05:36 pm »

I mean, the notion of firing Ford that has been mentioned earlier is ridiculous. "Hey, you know that guy who advanced AI development decades ahead of our current tech to play god in a theme park? Let's screw him out oh his life's work! Surely he has no power to get back at us."
Well as humans firefox fired the guy who invented javascript so it's really not beyond us to be dum dum

This episode was 10/10 doe

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2016, 06:25:55 pm »

Started watching over Thanksgiving.

Enjoying it more than I thought I would, given how much I like the original WW.

I like that it has taken its own spin on things. The 2Deep4U actually gives me something else to pay attention to other than unceasing ROBOT FEELS BAD that makes up this show.

I like how they play with the concept of power. Like in Episode 4 or 5 where Anthony Hopkins pulls an "I Am God" moment on that manager, by literally stopping time and making the Earth shake. Subtle? No. But it's fun scene.

I also like how the Man In Black is the quester and seeker of knowledge. Like he's been so debauched the last 30 years he's finally reaching for something greater.

All in all I'm happy I started watching. It remains to be seen how long the show can keep on going with the same thing, because this feels like one of those shows that can quickly overstay its welcome and pad out 3 seasons just people doinking robots.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2016, 09:02:56 am »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2016, 09:03:50 am »

I still think the Man in Black having his immersive experience ruined was one of the funniest things I've seen throughout the show, quality gallows humour right there

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2016, 10:47:39 am »

Episode 5:

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:51:45 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2016, 12:51:49 pm »

Nah, it was established early on that the hosts are allowed to rough people up. They even show the bullets hurting, much the way a paintball does. The hosts just can't try to seriously hurt anyone (so no stabbing or whatnot).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11