Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: (IC) Feudalism - A Multiplayer Kingdom Simulator (12/10) - Turn 2 (Now with OOC)  (Read 9530 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism - A Multiplayer Kingdom Simulator (13/10) - We are GO!!
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2016, 11:52:32 pm »

Are we allowed come up with lore? Since I just came up with a whole lotta that stuff.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2016, 12:17:19 am »

If a price is just listed in materials, do all the materials used have to be of the same type or are we able to mix and match?
You can mix and match.

-Does gold require stockpile space?
No, but it must be physically located somewhere, like all other resources. It needs to be accessible for theft and looting, and this seemed fairer than having a hammerspace inventory that a dignitary in some backwater village could get his hands in.
-How do I acquire horses?
Stables allow access to mounts, and horse cost is a relative value of how expensive each mount is. A technology will allow a horse farm, which will make stables more efficient at the cost of villein labour.
-How do I acquire Masons?
Build a Mason's guild in a town. Each level provides a mason.
-Do we choose which troops are levied to the Emperor, or does he?
You choose.
-Is there a minium levy that I am required to provide, or is it simply 50% of whatever I have?
50% of whatever you have, defined by upkeep cost.
-How are vassal levy requirements determined wrt irregulars?
irregulars are included in the count.
-Can peasants be moved between farms and quarries within a given year? If so, does this alter crop yields?
Yes. If a peasant doesn't spend all his time on a farm (even if it's just one month) he doesn't contribute to farm yield. I will be as efficient as possible with this, but I didn't want to have to calculate some sort of diminishing returns from only partially worknig fields.
-Are all taxes paid in September of every year?
Yes. Both to you and to the emperor.
Hey, just a couple of questions. Firstly, how 'fantastic' is the setting? Is it low fantasy or high? Are there fantastic creatures like dragons or vampires? Could a controllable character be one of these creatures?
Spoilers.
How do I actually create soldiers? How long does it take? How long does it take to raise a pre-existing levy?
I can't believe I forgot about this. This comes in a number of steps. First is the armament step. Your new troops will acquire their gear, be it through using up the production of your ironsmiths, bowyers and stables (in towns) or by you providing them with gear from your stockpiles. This can be any number of months, depending on how high a demand there suddenly is. Second is the training phase. This requires space in a drill area (found in castles), each soldier requires one month per base skill level for their rank (levy take one month, sergeants take three...). This counts against the farm yield I mentioned above. Once all training is complete, you will either have a standing army to do with as you like, or an irregular force who will go back to their day jobs, train at weekends amd occasionally do a shift of guard duty.

Levy are able to respond instantly to any attack on their holding, even if stood down. Mustering the levy for a campaign takes one month.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 12:27:59 am by Kashyyk »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2016, 12:23:53 am »

How much acreage can 100 villeins farm before needing more villeins to ensure an optimal harvest?

Also, shouldn't serfs be changed to vagabonds or the description changed? All serfs had some measure of landhold (In this case, the class under villeins would be cottars or bordars.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2016, 12:34:35 am »

How much acreage can 100 villeins farm before needing more villeins to ensure an optimal harvest?
12 acres each, 1200 acres in total.

Also, shouldn't serfs be changed to vagabonds or the description changed? All serfs had some measure of landhold (In this case, the class under villeins would be cottars or bordars.)
I thought about this, and I feel the current description/naming is appropriate. Serfs hold land in tenancy to their lord, whereas our villeins hold land as a feudal right. This land is actually one and the same, a villein would have several serfs working his land on behalf of him and his lord. I'm also using serf as a blanket term for cottars, bordars and slaves.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2016, 12:40:47 am »

The problem is that only the last one isn't landed at all, so it's a little bit of a misnomer.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2016, 12:59:19 am »

It is a bit of a misnomer, but as this game is only based on medieval Europe rather than being a simulation of it, I'm willing to accept it.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2016, 01:23:00 am »

Name Changes:
Wipenetu Castle's name is changed to Dabonne.
Wipfield Village (South) is changed to Luenda (South)
Wipfarm Village (North) is changed to Washende (North)
Wipentu Town is changed to Wipenetua
Wipdown Village (East) is changed to East Wipenetua
Edit: In addition to this, Lady Kenya would like to send a dignitary to Galliene, offering her help to Lady Sara in finding an eligible bachelor, as well as offering any one of her current courtiers to her.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:42:59 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2016, 01:28:18 am »

It is a bit of a misnomer, but as this game is only based on medieval Europe rather than being a simulation of it, I'm willing to accept it.
Fair enough. Still, the PM I sent still needs answering if you could do that when you're able to.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2016, 01:33:47 am »

I updated the questions post just above our chat with that question and another one. If you have any further questions, let me know.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2016, 01:38:16 am »

Whoops, okay, I missed that edit. Though it didn't really answer my question so... (At least in regards to the second. PResumably it's a little more fantastic than low fantasy given the probably magical apocalypse :P )

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2016, 01:39:20 am »

Lady Cho Khas hereby proclaims that a Most Honorable Steward is to be assigned to administer taxation in the Town of Khaswell and the surrounding Villages. Underneath the Most Honorable Steward, four Most Enlightened Clerics shall be appointed to administer the Fertility Rites, in hopes of bringing a bountiful harvest and a growing family to all townships and villages within the Realm. As part of these efforts, each village within the Khasian Realm shall be expanded by 400 Acres. Funding for all of these efforts have been allocated appropriately.

Lady Cho further announces that Honorable Guilds shall be established in the Town of Khaswell for the following Respectable Industries: Masonry, Money Lending and Bowery. Stone shall be purchased at market to fund the construction of the appropriate guildhalls. Funding has been allocated appropriately to this effort as well.

Lady Cho instructs her Emissary to the Emperor to gather allies at court and appoints a Home Emissary to help attend to matters of court at Khas Keep. Additional Emissaries are sent to greet the neighbors of House Khas.

Finally, Lady Cho inquires with Her Most Learned Scholars as to possible reforms to the System of Serfdom, that the Serfdom of Khas might be put to gainful use.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 04:34:17 am by Grek »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2016, 02:12:01 am »

That's all very well, baut, once again, are we able to write fan - lore?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2016, 02:32:55 am »

That's all very well, baut, once again, are we able to write fan - lore?
Yes, you may.

Spoiler: Grek (click to show/hide)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2016, 02:46:35 am »

Spoiler: Kashyyk (click to show/hide)

E:

Along with the Dignitary conveying the fond wishes of House Khas, Lady Cho sends a selection of well-groomed bachelors to Arkov Castle for consideration by the inestimable Lady Sara of Galliene. We matrilineal rulers have to stick together, after all!

The Dignitary sent to Eldrathion requests that the Lord Greymane refrain from settling the Forest until an agreement over the precise borders between our realms can be established. House Khas would also like some wood, you see.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 04:51:44 am by Grek »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2016, 05:00:23 am »

Can towns also build grain storages like castles?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13