Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 280

Author Topic: Twilight Academy: Resurgence (School Thread - IC) - Welcome to Class  (Read 123894 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy: Resurgence (School Thread - IC) - Welcome to Class
« Reply #3345 on: November 04, 2016, 06:32:58 pm »

"I am fairly sure there is another girl here who's black, who I saw in my Magic 101 class. Even then, that's 3 people out of...probably 1000 or more students at the Academy. Not very promising statistics."
With that, Anthelia daintily takes another sip of her coffee.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: November 04, 2016, 06:43:11 pm »

"No, not at all. Why do people wanna' come here in the first place?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: November 04, 2016, 06:50:48 pm »

"Well, I came to learn how to better control my powers. As a princess of Dethune, magic runs through my family's veins."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: November 04, 2016, 07:07:22 pm »

"A princess huh? You think this is the best place for you to develop magic? The main thing the Academy's known for is how they'll accept anyone. Dropouts, criminals, anyone with half a brain who can make some shit sparkle. Lump in there somewhere too."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: November 04, 2016, 07:23:13 pm »

The teacher nods approvingly. "Good answers, all of you. Personally, I do not consider potion making to be an art in the traditional sense. While the results can be beautiful, as with many things, the goal is far more practical. By the way, my name is Emile Dubois. I don't much focus on formalities, so just Emile is fine. Ms. Emile if you must be formal.

Now, standard disclaimer stuff. Certain supernaturals react poorly to the presence of certain ingredients, such as lycanthropes with wolf's bane. But don't worry about that - that thing you smelled when you came in was the remainder of a potion to deal with that. Of course I don't recommend eating anything you're weak too.
With that out of the way, I've prepared the ingredients for your first potions ahead of time. They are in your desks. This will be a normal occurrence; if you notice ingredients in your desk, you can safely assume we'll be using them in the class. I believe in getting to the point. You're here to learn how to make potions, so potions you will make."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: November 04, 2016, 07:25:04 pm »

Anthelia sips her coffee, before offering her own opinion on the matter.
"I know. If I ever want to usurp..I mean inherit the throne of the Kingdom, I must understand the ruffians, the peasants in order to rule them all effectively. As much as I will probably abhor at least half of our class by the end of the year, it will be a valuable learning experience. Anyways, the Academy up in the clouds is a nice change of pace from the sandy dunes of Dethune."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: November 04, 2016, 07:35:35 pm »

Jason opens his desk to see what ingredients there are.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: November 04, 2016, 07:38:04 pm »

Tiana opens her desk, hoping to find some ingredients.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: November 04, 2016, 07:44:06 pm »

Veikko nods and opens his desk.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: November 04, 2016, 07:51:34 pm »

Misy exists in whichever class she is in
No sig yet

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: November 04, 2016, 08:02:24 pm »

Kyle looks to see what today's mystery ingredient is.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: November 04, 2016, 08:17:15 pm »

Lorenzo sucks his teeth and reclines in his chair, putting his hands behind his head and looking up at the ceiling. "So that's what they got going on here, future royalty and politicians and generals all learning how to rule the world. I thought this place was for something important." He places his feet on a nearby table.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: November 04, 2016, 08:22:07 pm »

Anthelia glares at Lorenzo for a bit, before putting on a facade of neutrality.
"Well, this place is meant to train people for the Dawnguard, is it not? To fight the good fight to protect our world? At the very least, they are probably trying to teach us how not to kill ourselves with our powers. But, I digress. What was your reason for coming here?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: November 04, 2016, 08:27:36 pm »

"Pssh, the Dawnguard is a front for making money and wielding influence. They're no better than any of the other governments and have no better morals than getting rich and flexing, in a way, same as the rest of us. I've spent my whole life training with my powers, I don't need some professor telling me what I can and can't do.
I came here because this was the only place that would accept someone with multiple felony charges. I'mma grab my degree and then bang out this bitch."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: November 04, 2016, 08:57:12 pm »

"True, but when it is not true that someone has ulterior motives? I believe that everyone has a goal for themselves, even if they are absolutely terrible ones. Besides, I do not even know your name."
Anthelia is wearing a purple cardigan, a blue blouse underneath, along with black jeans and ballet flats.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 280