Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Storm: A Poetry-based Text Adventure  (Read 9476 times)

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Storm: A Poetry-based Text Adventure [SG]
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2016, 08:16:28 pm »

Ah, okay. My bad.

> Walk down the western path myself?

Sorry! My apologies, but thats a path to the EAST, leading to the area you started at. Do you still want to go that way?
Yes.
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2016, 09:02:43 pm »

Dripping Forest

Puddles cover the forest floor, and a few lie on the path you stand on. Above you, the autumn branches shake with the wind and let loose small showers onto the damp leaves that seem to cover the ground in every direction. Except for that, there is no sound for miles in the rain-scented air. From the NORTH runs a small road, and splits to the EAST and WEST at the point where you stand.

POEM: Unknown
>_
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2016, 10:34:49 am »

> Take that road!

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2016, 11:30:04 am »

North, yes?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2016, 12:04:56 pm »

SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 12:38:12 pm »

Dark City

You stand in the remains of a city. All around you, wreckages of houses litter the the streets, and broken furniture fills their hollows. The tall buildings still standing point like crooked fingers, as if signalling a dark omen - or the cause of their demise - in the thick heavy cloud that covers the city. Its black visage seems to hold an almost malevolent disposition, and you feel unsafe as you stand in the shadow of this false sky. You endeavor to ignore the thing, and instead look to world around you to distract yourself from its presence. To SOUTH you see a worn path into the wilderness, while to the NORTH lie the city gates - and past them, the Great Desert, a treacherous stretch of sand that some never leave. As you look around to make your decision, your eyes fall on a small building to the EAST, seemingly untouched by whatever cataclysm befell this place. Peculiar.

>_
Money!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2016, 06:26:28 pm »

.........????

In order bump this, I'm gonna take a very wild stab in the dark and say Ozymandias by Percy Shelley.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2016, 06:42:34 pm »

((Nope, but that is one of the poems I like!))

Also, Weirdo seems to have gone missing :(
 Do you want to take over for a bit?
Money!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2016, 01:27:25 pm »

Of course! Sorry for lateness, but I completely forgot to reply.

>Go East
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2016, 04:28:23 pm »

The Shifty Scholar

Though the building looks fairly worn on the outside, it proves otherwise within. A drinking establishment of some sort, the place seems to be in quite good repair. The bar is unattended, but behind the counter gleam rows of colored bottles, with even more colored liquids within. On the opposite wall sits an unlit fireplace, and above it are small, hung objects and various other mementos. Among the violets, roses and wreaths of moss and daffodil, you spot a small poem:

This place of shelter and midnight revels
Has trapped within an unwilling devil.
Though he suffers and wishes to be free,
Because of him we are safe and merry.

You dismiss the writings as that of a drunkard, but even so, you give a quick glance to the door in the WEST wall.

>_
Money!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2016, 04:34:29 pm »

>Open door
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2016, 04:47:26 pm »

The Shifty Scholar

Though the building looks fairly worn on the outside, it proves otherwise within. A drinking establishment of some sort, the place seems to be in quite good repair. The bar is unattended, but behind the counter gleam rows of colored bottles, with even more colored liquids within. On the opposite wall sits an unlit fireplace, and above it are small, hung objects and various other mementos. Among the violets, roses and wreaths of moss and daffodil, you spot a small poem:

This place of shelter and midnight revels
Has trapped within an unwilling devil.
Though he suffers and wishes to be free,
Because of him we are safe and merry.

You dismiss the writings as that of a drunkard, but even so, you give a quick glance to the door in the WEST wall.

>Open door
 You look out to the WEST. The ruins of the city still lay there. Nothing, it seems, has changed.
>_
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2016, 11:56:40 am »

((Bump))
Money!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2016, 01:10:54 pm »

((This is the only game like this I have ever played, so how would I go back to the previous area? Would it be:))

>Continue West

((?))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2016, 01:52:15 pm »

((Simply "West" will suffice. Anytime you see something bold and all-caps, you can go in that direction by typing in that word. If you want to familiarize yourself more with text-based games, use this guide here - just keep in mind there are a few things (such as dialogue) that I do differently. Oh, and you don't need to open doors when entering / leaving buildings - it's assumed you do that automatically.))

Dark City

You stand in the remains of a city. All around you, wreckages of houses litter the the streets, and broken furniture fills their hollows. The tall buildings still standing point like crooked fingers, as if signalling a dark omen - or the cause of their demise - in the thick heavy cloud that covers the city. Its black visage seems to hold an almost malevolent disposition, and you feel unsafe as you stand in the shadow of this false sky. You endeavor to ignore the thing, and instead look to world around you to distract yourself from its presence. To SOUTH you see a worn path into the wilderness, while to the NORTH lie the city gates - and past them, the Great Desert, a treacherous stretch of sand that some never leave. As you look around to make your decision, your eyes fall on a small building to the EAST, seemingly untouched by whatever cataclysm befell this place. Peculiar.

>_
Money!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9