Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: You are Railgun operator  (Read 11360 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: You are Railgun operator
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2016, 04:21:20 pm »

Asking for directions.

You walk around, looking for some living orcs, before you find exactly that, a single orc, sawing off the leg of a dead Yoran, you note the purple-blue blood, and you fire at the Orc, near its legs. although the shot missed, its legs hit by the blast, and it is punted into the air, hitting hte ceiling and flying back down.you walk right up to the poor Xeno, and begin interrogating it. it really doesn't understand you, and vice versa, but after a small amount of interrogative slamming into a wall and some correlative sign languages, it points down a hallway, noting that either it is the bridge of the ship, or where their orc god himself sits.

before you begin to trudge along the murder path the Yoran you had duct taped to the wall catches up to you, and graciously thanks you for saving him from eternal enslavement etc, and offers to work in your service, he shows off his energy pistol, with eight battery-clips.

You quietly note that you are around half-way out of ammo.

What do you do about this situation?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:55:20 pm by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2016, 05:42:01 pm »

Have them join us, combined arms and all that jazz
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2016, 08:22:57 pm »

+1
Anyway, we did keep the sword, so we can save some ammo.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2016, 12:51:49 am »

+1
Anyway, we did keep the sword, so we can save some ammo.
That sounds good. +1
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2016, 03:19:08 pm »

Unfettered Access

Accepting the aliens offer with a single affirmative grunt, you move on, while holding you sword in a ready position. For a full hour you travel through the ship slaying orcs and their nefarious beasts. Then, as you walk into a section of hull that seems to have come from a human ship, you note a corpse on the floor, manning a rail gun similar to yours, however there is crude explosives wired to it. It is likely that the explosive will detonate if the ammunition is taken off, and although you are very much sure you can handle the xenos primitives explosives going off, the presumed horde of orcs would rush into the area following the noise, and if you leave it behind, it will likely be used for anti ship warfare anyways. The Yoran mutters to him(it?)self while going through the electronics panels of the room, as if he was looking for something.

You of course ask what it was doing, and it responds. "Trying to get the power heading to the rail gun to overload, so the rail gun would explode if it were fired." Glancing back at the rail gun, you do note that its fusion batteries are missing, replaced by a reactor tap, so you will still need another power source in the long term.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:55:35 pm by wer6 »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2016, 09:59:33 am »

...Just gonna bump my /own/ forum game. yeah.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2016, 11:19:02 am »

Sorry, it seems this one went unnoticed...

Stare pointedly at the explosive, to see if the detonator cowers and faints before our withering gaze. When it's done, tell the xeno techie to remove the reactor tap and put our own barrel on the less damaged one. Take our gun's battery and ammo, and put them on the other one.
Discard our old gun with a salute. There - the trap is rendered moot.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2016, 10:34:50 am »

Theft at its finest.
Deciding that although your railgun is slightly more advanced in terms of acceleration power, the undamaged railgun is almost completely more safer then the damaged, sparking railgun. you throw a withering stare at the detonator, for a full five minutes, before the Xeno Techie pulls out a hammer and crushes it. with that done, you cut the barrel off your rail gun, and jury rig it so that the shortened barrel is on the aged railgun. form there, you loot all the magnetic pellets and pull out the fusion cartridge and dump your old railgun onto the floor. you kerb stomp it to the ground, while saluting it with tears of savage sadness. your shoes are covered in lemon juice and duct tape.

An orc walks in, looking terrified, and yelps in fear.

the xeno techie panics and throws a grenade, blowing them to bits.

That probably made enough noise to attract an orcen horde nearby...

What do you do with this situation?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2016, 02:51:24 pm »

Let them come! Yeah! Come get sum!

On the other hand, we shouldn't waste ammo taking only a couple of them at a time... I know!
Wait by the door for them to come and see you, and raise the alarm. Lock and block the door before they get to it, let their reinforcements pile up while they're trying to open it, and let rip with the railgun through the door.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2016, 05:14:39 am »

Tactical Murdering

Promptly getting to work  by smashing the doors upper actuator in, the door falls to the ground. shortly after, more nad more pounding is heard followed by a welding of hthe door. just when the door falls, you send a pellet at the orcen horde that assembled in front of the door. they are knocked back, and the techie keeps htem at bay while you reload. this happens for  asecond, third, and fourth time until the vast majority are missing limbs or are bleeding out. generic looting reveals that one of them had a map of the ship. although it looks crudely drawn, it shows a path right clear to the captain, however it seems that most of the paths mean going through a part of the ship called the "Orcen Psyis", which honestly frightens you a tiny bit, but you can of course take a the long way through the "Techbay" instead.

What do you do?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2016, 05:27:00 am »

Think hard. Try not to dribble while waiting for more players to make suggestions.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2016, 05:37:00 am »

Tech bay. Ammo
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2016, 10:39:25 am »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2017, 04:54:40 pm »

Ressurection

Drooling a little bit must've fucked up your brain real hard. you look around and note that your real nice railgun is bent a little when you fell and started drooling. Thinking it's fine, you spit on it and continue on your day. trudging along the way, you load some beads in from before, and ponder slightly at just how horrifically stupid it is to use a ship based railgun as an anti-personal weapon, but before you could think about it too hard,  the xeno technologist tripped on his own two left feet, and you called him a pudgy nerd.

You get to one of the tech bays, open the door, and note two things happening in the Ammo bay.
1. They set up a fighting ring in the middle of the bay, where an absolute scrapheap of a robot is dooking it out with an absurdly HUGE Orcen. you're not sure who is winning si9nce there both so utterly broken/mutilated that there probably gonna both die. there are seven other orcs, one that is absurdly tiny sitting in a corner. he seems to be messing around with explosives and muttering to himself, but whenever another orc comes by to bug him, tiny knives stick into their hide and they leave him alone again.

You're pretty sure your Marine Pride can handle them all, but what will be your personal cost?

What do you do?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2017, 10:09:58 pm »

Stow our pride away for now. Humbly sneak through the ammo bay. If we or the xeno are detected, then get ready to rumble.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7