don't
- 2 (28.6%)
have
- 1 (14.3%)
time
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork☼ human RUIN: Shielgates. Reclaiming experiments  (Read 21865 times)

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ human city: Shielgates. Looking for players
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2016, 06:15:55 am »

I uploaded the Masterwork directory and put the link in the main post along with the save-only one. Since it's too large for dffd i had to put it on drive, let me know if it works properly.
Also, since turns are going sloooowly, the first from the players list who claims the save after it's uploaded gets to play the turn
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:25:07 am by IlFedaykin »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ human city: Shielgates.
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2016, 12:45:02 pm »

Ok,picked up the save.Did you know that you have masterwork .rar inside your DF folder?Also multiple visible Z-levels looks pretty confusing,so i disabled them.Now pits look pretty ugly.   :P
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2016, 08:23:09 pm »

Ah yea i forgot to take it out before compressing :P

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2016, 09:12:39 am »

Planned some buildings,tryed to save game, DF crashed.  ::) Its because i had firefox running at the same time,though.I picked Someone Drillpapers for my alter-ego, cause he likes shields, spears, and quivers. Gonna make him spearman.
UPD:Ok, results of a spring:
Items from main stockpile moved to stockpiles they are supposed to be.
Started to build second level of bunker and barraks for non-existent militia.
Started metal pruoduction.
   Also,one LITTLE question:WHY, FOR THE ARMOK'S SAKE, YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS ALREADY EASY GAME EVEN EASIER!?Ore mining is boring?Ok, let's press a few keys and all ore will be auto-mined, even that ore you dont ever seen.And so on.And this ridiculius 32x32 tileset - what purpose of it!?You can't tell diffirence between Phoebus and this tileset in playable zooming-in.Yes, DF have zooming-in and out now.  ::)
PS:Anyone there ready to take turn after me?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:23:56 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2016, 02:07:31 pm »

what purpose of it!?You can't tell diffirence between Phoebus and this tileset in playable zooming-in.Yes, DF have zooming-in and out now.  ::)
It has 4 times more details.

DF pretty much always had zooming in and out... that has nothing to do with the tilesets resolution. The 32x set just looks better, if you have at least a 1440p or 4k screen, which I assume you dont, because you zoom out to play.

I'd take a turn.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2016, 03:32:19 pm »

Never had game crash on saving, hope you didn't have any save corruption?

Good starts, though. I hope the fort isn't too sprawling from that stockpile comment. The map is already large.

If you mean automining under 'a' key, that is a vanilla feature, so should complain to Toady for adding it.

As for tileset sizes, I personally always play with zooming off - lots of intermediate sizes look weird, and playing on laptop, I often brush against the mouse wheel by accident (I suppose I could hotkey to disable it for when playing df, but...).

If you had 1x1 embark on something like 3200x1800 screen, 32x32 would be suitable to fill the screen space.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2016, 07:35:18 pm »

I'd take a turn.
Since the first turns took an awful long time to be played i decided to switch to a fist-who-claims-the-save policy... I'll add you to the player list and as soon as the save's up you're good to go
Also it would be very nice if you could update graphics (or the whole version if possible) when you take your turn

I picked Someone Drillpapers for my alter-ego, cause he likes shields, spears, and quivers. Gonna make him spearman.
UPD:Ok, results of a spring:
Items from main stockpile moved to stockpiles they are supposed to be.
Started to build second level of bunker and barraks for non-existent militia.
Started metal pruoduction.
can you post screenshots so i can update the story on imgur please?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2016, 07:48:50 am »

OK, seems it was my 5-minutes-of-rage-for-no-reason  :P .

Good starts, though. I hope the fort isn't too sprawling from that stockpile comment. The map is already large.

If you mean automining under 'a' key, that is a vanilla feature, so should complain to Toady for adding it.

1.No,luckily game crashed after it actually saved, so no save corruption.
2.Stocpile comment-I deleted animals,bars, and other items we already have stocpile for.Then i realised that was not so good idea, since we have no use for those monkeys-in-a-cages instead of trading them out.
3.I mean automining DFhack command, but i didn't knew anything about vanilla automining so i maybe wrong.
[/quote]
[/quote]
We playing, you writing, or more traditional IC reports?
http://imgur.com/a/xUYkv
Rest of the sigs

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2016, 07:52:31 am »

OK, seems it was my 5-minutes-of-rage-for-no-reason  :P .

1.No,luckily game crashed after it actually saved, so no save corruption.
2.Stocpile comment-I deleted animals,bars, and other items we already have stocpile for.Then i realised that was not so good idea, since we have no use for those monkeys-in-a-cages instead of trading them out.
3.I mean automining DFhack command, but i didn't knew anything about vanilla automining so i maybe wrong.
[/quote]
http://imgur.com/a/xUYkv
[/quote]
Sorry for fails, im forever-a-noob,and it's my first attempt in both aboveground fort and succesion games.
Rest of the sigs

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2016, 09:15:42 am »

I was hoping in a collaborative effort so if you want to write your own journal i'll add it in quoted. In the meantime i added the screens to the main album so those who want to avoid reading a thousand posts in the forum can still get an idea of what's going on and maybe join us.
On a side note if you decide to build some core building like guilds or barracks do it with stone blocks so other players won't tear it to pieces in their effort to give the place the look of a real city

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2016, 10:18:37 am »

Surprisingly, i'ts no matter, to build with sandstone, or with wood- they look exactly same. :D
Rest of the sigs

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2016, 10:29:57 am »

Surprisingly, i'ts no matter, to build with sandstone, or with wood- they look exactly same. :D
Daaaaamn i forgot!
Then we have to make our wounderful buildings out of purchased stone (or open a second quarry in the south parth of the map where, IIRC, there is a different biome with flux stone, too)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ human city: Shieldgates.
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2016, 01:29:39 pm »

Simple long-house construction with a pitched roof:

1) Start with a rectangle - the long axis will determine which way the roof peak will lie

++++++
 ++++++   (roof peak runs <------>)
 ++++++

2) Add floor places for any doors

++++++
 ++++++ +
 ++++++
        +
3) Put walls around the rectangle, respecting door spaces.

########
#++++++#
#+++++++
#++++++#
####+###

4a) If this is a multi-level dwelling, then remove enough floor tiles to make way for a stairway (remembering humans live in 2 z-level spaces!)

z +0
########
#++++++#
##++++++
##<++++#
####+###

z +1
########
#              #
#<
##            #
####  ###

4b) Place another floor over the resulting section and add more walls as needed. (Repeat as necessary for each floor up, making sure the up-ramps or up-stairs are separated by at least one floor-space for access to that level)

z +2
########
#++<##+#
#>+++++#
#++++++#
########

4c) Roof and wall scaffolding: patching up the holes in walls (or placing windows.)  Add an exterior staircase adjacent to any wall needing to be patched in the Z+1, Z+3, Z+5, ect... areas.  Have the scaffolds continue up as needed , with one of the ones on the long side of the rectangle continuing to the top of the last walls to be roofed over

z +0
########
#++++++#
##++++++u
##<++++#
####+###
          u

z +1
########
#              #
#<              d
##            #
####  ###
         x

z +2
########
#++<##+#
#>+++++#
#++++++#
########
          x

z +3
########
#     >#<  #
#              #
#              #
########
          x

z +4
########
#        +>  #
#              #
#              #
########
          x

z +5
########
#++++<+#
#++++++#
#++++++#
########
          x
z +6
########
#              #
#              #
#              #
########
          x

z +7
########
#              #
#              #
#              #
########
          d

5a) The pitched roof: First, place walls as illustrated below. (You'll notice that the "front" wall provides access to the side of the roof that doesn't have scaffolding.)

z +7
++++++++
#######+
#              +
+######+
++++++++
          d

5b) Now add ramps along each long wall - I like to use wood for this to simulate shingles

z +7
<<<<<<<<
#######+
#              +
+######+
<<<<<<<<
          d

z +8
>>>>>>>>
+++++++
+             
  ++++++
>>>>>>>>

5c) Now that the ramps give us access to the top of those walls, our dwarves can move up and over to the other side.  No need for more scaffolding.
Add the "front" middle wall, and the front corner on the opposite side of the scaffolding.  Also add the remaining back corner closest to the scaffolding.

z +7
<<<<<<<<
########
#              #
#######+
<<<<<<<<
          d

5d) Now place your center beam wall and add the remaining front corner

z +7
<<<<<<<<
########
#              #
########
<<<<<<<<
          d

z +8
>>>>>>>>
++++++++
######## 
++++++++
>>>>>>>>

5e) Add the remaining "shingles" and your roof is finished.

z +8
>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<
######## 
<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>

5f) Remove your scaffolding from the newly completed building.  I like to pave a floor around the entire structure to keep trees from growing up the walls, but that's optional.

Welcome to the new workshop or family home!

(When building on a slope, don't excavate the slope - it looks much more "natural" if a flat foundation is built out from the slope, possibly containing a "sublevel" or two.  If further buildings are built upslope or downslope from the original, then the whole "looking out over the pitched roofs of your neighbor" type of result is very easily accomplished.  Since each building may have a 1-2 wide gap between them, then thieves or other miscreants will have to jump those gaps, possibly alerting those passing down below to look up and see them.  Likewise, a series of very tall, multi-floored buildings might have skyways connecting them to their neighbors, creating a subterranean gloom on the lower levels where no sun shines.)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 01:33:42 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2016, 02:03:35 pm »

OH GODS I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS IM SORRY ITS A BIT LATE NOW I THOUGHT SOMEONE ELSE HAD THE SAVEARGHLBLARGHLE!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2016, 07:48:19 pm »

OH GODS I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS IM SORRY ITS A BIT LATE NOW I THOUGHT SOMEONE ELSE HAD THE SAVEARGHLBLARGHLE!
you'll have time to make up for your sins
Simple long-house construction with a pitched roof:
and of course roof shall be thatched, the first level of the house made of stone blocks while the second of wood planks or bricks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15