don't
- 2 (28.6%)
have
- 1 (14.3%)
time
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork☼ human RUIN: Shielgates. Reclaiming experiments  (Read 21840 times)

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ human city: Shielgates. Save up for grabs!
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2016, 01:06:10 pm »

So i put up a poll while waiting for someone to pick the save (@FleetingFrames no huge minecart project sweety?)
If none takes it by the end of the week i'll start a beautiful fortress just south of the river

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2016, 01:48:52 pm »

Pfft, bit tempted but not now. Lots more effort required than just having a text file open to comment in as I read, and that comment does give me a kick to finish my own 1x1 embark worldgen.

The fort prolly needs a huge minecart project, but doesn't have anything to do with one yet. Well, expect murder - it'd be good to have some sort of ranged anti-succubi weapon, but that's just one race out of lot of unknowns :P

Besides, I'd probably violate the city idea from a hamlet to futuristic keep or something :v

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2016, 04:56:58 pm »

Besides, I'd probably violate the city idea from a hamlet to futuristic keep or something :v
That's non really the issue here... we managed to build rock, huge buildings on top of a wooden palisade

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2016, 12:57:20 pm »

I'm taking the save.  Let's see what this looks like.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2016, 06:42:23 pm »

Yeee! Good luck! If you don't want to tackle the problems of the city just build south of the river like in a real medieval city  ;)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2016, 12:15:21 am »

Like Ankh-morpok, maybe?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ human city: Shielgates. Looking for players!
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2016, 10:02:36 pm »

So... the game has been running on 4-5 fps for the last day or so.  The moleweasel kits and dew-beetles nymphs are killing the frame-rate.  I've taken the liberty of naming the youngest child "Miss Timeless", then renaming her parents "Mr" and "Mrs Timeless".  My turn will be from her two-year old viewpoint.  I initially didn't intend to do anything to the city during her turn, just let it function for a year without direct interference and see what happened.

So, we were attacked by a band of goblins, but they were all captured by the cage trap bridge over the river.  Likewise the force of Ferric Elves.  A Ruthertaur somehow made it through the traps but was quickly dispatched by the force of dogs gaurding the front gate.

Then, in the seventh month (about eighteen hours after I started it up and just let it keep going without pause),  an army of Nagas showed up, about thirty strong.  They apparently are trapavoid, so I stationed archers up on the battlements and the Gaurd just inside the gate by the shops of the Marketplace.  That was a pyrric victory since nine of the ten Gaurd and seven of the ten Rangers died in that fight holding off the invaders.  It got so bad that I had to use the Ballistas (What a waste of Ballista bolts - the bolts caroomed off the road after ten paces, they were so badly aimed! Note to future City admins: the ballista crews shoot like a bunch of rookies with their thumbs firmly up their asses!)

So, I've decided to add a prisoner's oubliette and "endless passage" to the City as my contribution to the madness.   I've also marked all of the moleweasel kits and dewbeetle nymphs to be slaughtered.  So far, the fps has continued to hang around 5-ish, so we'll see what happens in day of so.  There has already been an artifact made: a leather helm I think.  It was a leather something.  I didn't really pay it much mind.  Also, by forbidding ammo, there are all these piles of bullets under the practice area that are fired once then let lie.  I've unforbid retrieving ammo then put ammo stockpiles under those piles, so they can be quantum stored there for later reloading by riflemen automatically.

So far, so good. 

Oh, there's this steel "Pen and Paper RPG" that little Miss Timeless seems to play with a lot.  Sounds like she might become a mercenary when she grows up, hey? (That or a book-keeper.  Isn't that usually the way of things?)
---
Year 194 dawns on a tragic occurance: Little Miss Timeless and both of her parents perished during a quickly contained escape attempt by a murderous Ferric Elf as it was being transferred from the West Gate cages.  The city has gone from 105 to 74 citizens in the past year, but there may be as many as fifty peaceful visitors of various stripes who have come through the gates.  As several invaders (and a few citizens) have found to their dismay, the Oubliette and Endless Passage have been completed.

Pics:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Save:
Year 194-01-01
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:08:28 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2016, 03:32:02 am »

5 FPS...I don't think that's just the extra-large embark, yeah, that's got to be mostly due living - perhaps population explosion in caverns?

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2016, 04:29:49 am »

You should try to close the gates to see if the fps increase... If they don't, the problem is somewhere else.
About the militia I hope you replaced the fallen heroes with new cannon fodder.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2016, 11:07:18 am »

Best to butcher 200 or so of your 225+ animals. That should help a lot.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2016, 12:10:41 pm »

I didn't know the city had that.

Raises interesting questions such as: "What else don't I know?" and "Which other large things are unmentioned in the updates of several previous overseers?" and "Will humans produce sushi?"

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2016, 12:58:09 pm »

I didn't know the city had that.

Raises interesting questions such as: "What else don't I know?" and "Which other large things are unmentioned in the updates of several previous overseers?" and "Will humans produce sushi?"

More likely pond turtle soup, given the amount of shells we are piling

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2016, 10:31:21 am »

Annals, v.54, year 163, Umbralveis

The ninetieth Council of the Guilds just ended. People gathered from all the corners of the confederation came to attend the meetind and now they are finally leaving. Under any other circumstance I would be happy about that... The hamlet turns into a damned huge party every time and i can't get any work done. This time is different, tho. I fear that when the last guest leaves hell will descend upon us... King Agra has been quiet all week and i can't shake the feeling that He's in danger. I know, I know... Probably just the ravings of an old man close to the tomb himself... Still... [...]

P.S.
Any news here?
If you can't finish the year you can just upload it halfway done and the next player will play a little bit more.

P.P.S.
I'll add this little pieces to the Imgur album so they can be read all togheter
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:32:26 pm by IlFedaykin »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2016, 08:31:59 pm »

I took the save on the 6th, so I figured I had at least a week to keep it going.  I'll finish up the oubliette and eternal passage then post the save.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2016, 04:09:33 am »

OK, save file is posted with some pics in the original post.  Next!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15