Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Inquisition - Base Camp: Now recruiting for mission 3!  (Read 14454 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mission 2: The means of Production
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161282.0

Post up!

Still taking signups.

Also, decide if you're taking your own vehicles or the default clunky pickup.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

I'm borrowing $1200 from Joe for Kevlar underarmor. That ok?

It's a good choice. Humans can't really soak bullets otherwise.
Yeah, I'm a sucker for making squishy characters. Idk why.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm borrowing $1200 from Joe for Kevlar underarmor. That ok?

It's a good choice. Humans can't really soak bullets otherwise.
Yeah, I'm a sucker for making squishy characters. Idk why.
Yeah, my character is squishy, but can hopefully talk or sneak her way out of danger.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inquisition - Base Camp: Now recruiting for mission 3!
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2016, 03:04:58 pm »

concluding mission 2, and taking signups for mission 3.

Character sheet calculator is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ql7FlquGHLez1Bh3_II7eyaJq9nGtU5rvzuX9ReWe6E/edit?usp=sharing

Just make a copy.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2016, 03:17:41 pm »

I think I'ma bow out of the game, I've reached my limit in regards to being effective in group situations. It's been really fun, and I'll definitely keep watching everyone's progress.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »

Does Trump get a levelup?  Do we strip NRDL's char and take all his stuff/money?

Donald Trump rides home with the other union members, blathering on a borrowed phone.  Once the team arrives at their destination, all is as expected--except for a gold-plated helicopter waiting nearby.

Trump, still naked, gets out of whatever vehicle transported the team, and strides over to the aircraft.  After he boards, he turns back for a moment to shout over the starting of the helicopter: "I'll be back tomorrow!  Today, I've got an election to win!".  With that, the magnificent orange bastard is gone.

...Wait, he didn't even return the damn phone.  Jerk.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2016, 04:04:42 pm »

Hmm I want to add some heavy weapons to the armory:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/mg-designations.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/grenade-launcher.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/recoilless.htm

An m2 Browning has a $14,000 replacement cost in the 2000s.

A Mk19 automatic grenade machine gun is also about $14,000.

A SMAW launcher costs $13,000 a piece. ( In soviet Russia they are still making RPG-7s for a thousand bucks with Tandem warheads )

Light Mortars - 10,600, medium mortars, 24,000...

US Army bulk prices for the Colt 1911A1 pistol is about $242 dollars. So instead of using commercial rubbish as a benchmark we'll move the price of the colt to $600 which is about the floor price of what you can get a 1911 pistol for.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:25:17 pm by Aigre Excalibur »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2016, 04:06:06 pm »

Does Trump get a levelup?  Do we strip NRDL's char and take all his stuff/money?

Donald Trump rides home with the other union members, blathering on a borrowed phone.  Once the team arrives at their destination, all is as expected--except for a gold-plated helicopter waiting nearby.

Trump, still naked, gets out of whatever vehicle transported the team, and strides over to the aircraft.  After he boards, he turns back for a moment to shout over the starting of the helicopter: "I'll be back tomorrow!  Today, I've got an election to win!".  With that, the magnificent orange bastard is gone.

...Wait, he didn't even return the damn phone.  Jerk.

I guess we'll let Trump take 3 and 3 consolation prize xp level ups.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2016, 07:39:32 pm »

Mirella walks by Vincent where he is eating. She hands him the money she owes.
Vincent looks up, eyebrows raised, surprised she is still alive.
'How did you go?' He asks, genuinely curious.
'Same as you. Blew them all up.' Mirella smiles to herself and walks off. She had best buy more explosives for the next mission.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2016, 07:43:49 pm »

May I level Mirella's subterfuge from 1 to 2 please? Retain the other 2 exp for later.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2016, 09:05:32 pm »

I think I'ma bow out of the game, I've reached my limit in regards to being effective in group situations. It's been really fun, and I'll definitely keep watching everyone's progress.

Sad. Maybe make a new character?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2016, 09:16:51 pm »

Nah, I'm just not the type of player that does well in high mortality games. The fatigue of building and potentially losing characters constantly just saps my motivation  :-\
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2016, 02:16:42 am »

May I level Mirella's subterfuge from 1 to 2 please? Retain the other 2 exp for later.

Changes saved

Mirella walks by Vincent where he is eating. She hands him the money she owes.
Vincent looks up, eyebrows raised, surprised she is still alive.
'How did you go?' He asks, genuinely curious.
'Same as you. Blew them all up.' Mirella smiles to herself and walks off. She had best buy more explosives for the next mission.

May I recommend TNT in 5 Kg blocks? You need to be pretty far away to be safe from it, but you can blow holes in walls with that load. (5Kg is what you use to obliterate a car, 1 Kg will disable a car, or shaped correctly, blow out the driver/passenger. 5 Kg will let you run the car into a checkpoint, and turn everyone around the checkpoint within 10m or so into mush, and 50m or so into shrapnel mush)

Turning entire buildings into (complete and instant) mush will require TNT in the hundreds of kilos. In which case, people on a budget prefer to use ANFO. Known to be 90% as effective, usually detonated with a small primary charge of TNT because it is far more inert, but easy to mass produce.

((As for rolling on the explosive skill, that's mostly for fancy stuff beyond set bomb, push button and run, it lets you roll on the noble art of bomb making - where you want tamper proof detonation circuits and the like that can't be disabled by "cutting the red wire", maybe you want to set a very big bomb in a building, and there's SWAT units up your butt, an extremely complex detonator could let you get away and slow down the defusal, or better yet a complex bomb could use secondary explosives so a defusal team might think they neutralized a bomb, when there's a second one under it.))
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:18:41 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2016, 02:30:55 am »

I will request that Trump earns a free levelup for winning the election.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2016, 03:55:57 am »

For Mirella

Buy 3x more frame charges, 10x napalm fuel mix (Stored in car), 2x 5kg TNT blocks (Also stored in car), 1x 1kg TNT block, 3x 250g blocks. Formal dress, collapsible grappling hook (Whatever that costs), perfume bottle filled with poison.

Do I get a bulk discount on TNT?

Total cost $1249 plus whatever the grappling hook and poison cost.

If, after all this, $7000 remains I will buy a sports motorcycle.

I realise I am buying a lot of napalm when I don't have a flamethrower but it seems like a good way to perform arson.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:01:44 am by Sialia »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10