Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Septerra - Rise of the Junkers (On hiatus)  (Read 15265 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Septerra - Rise of the Junkers
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2016, 04:09:58 pm »

"You sure about that? If your ghouls are waiting for you, the truck makes a big target for any big booms, heheh."

Skulla was apparently being lazy, though he was sure she should be helping fix up the truck, which would be probably be useless in retrospect. He sent her a personal message.

"Don't just stand around like a post in the ground, we've got work to do in here. Are you follow my the thread of my arguments?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2016, 08:32:41 pm »

"You sure about that? If your ghouls are waiting for you, the truck makes a big target for any big booms, heheh."

Skulla was apparently being lazy, though he was sure she should be helping fix up the truck, which would be probably be useless in retrospect. He sent her a personal message.

"Don't just stand around like a post in the ground, we've got work to do in here. Are you follow my the thread of my arguments?"
Sure, do that.

((sorry, must have not seen the updates for it.))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2016, 08:40:02 pm »

Sure, do that.

((sorry, must have not seen the updates for it.))

Skulla had fallen into an uncharacteristic quietness he didn't like.

"Don't look sad, little girl! We all spend a few moments staring out at the desert sun now and again, wondering where our future went, mourning a lifetime of lost opportunity, etc, etc...

We have work to do, so buck up and raise your chin, huh? I need you by my side if we're going to keep sucking this dismal wasteland air for another day. I don't really wanna get eaten by zombies, or shot by bandits, or shot AND eaten by bandit zombies...and I really don't have much faith in uh, this other guy..."
  He said, cocking a thumb at Xander.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2016, 09:16:10 am »

"Who's looking sad? Skull is always grinning, eh? Was jus' thinking. The trouble with armouring a truck is it'll go slower. When we were hunting the sandwhales, don't matter what armour you had - it could smash yer to scrap anyway."

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2016, 06:07:58 pm »

((Kassire has been MIA on the forums since november 15'th. Can you guys continue on without them or something? I mean, I wouldn't want them to be left out, but they're kind of leaving us high and dry.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2016, 06:10:39 pm »

((Yeah, let's just skip him? Literally everyone else is super active on the forums right now, and one guy is holding us back.

Assuming the GM hasn't abandoned the game because he thought no one was interested. :/ ))

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2016, 06:13:00 pm »

((Yeah. If everyone else is active, and one person goes inactive (like I do for about a week at a time every once in a while) then skip them.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2016, 06:22:21 pm »

((Yeah, I'd be all for skipping, assuming the GM is still around.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2016, 07:21:56 pm »

((Anyone want to take over Kassire's character? If not, I'll either keep him around as an NPC, or just kill him off.))

((I'll let someone from the waitlist take over if they want. Just say the word!))

((Also, I'm sorry I haven't been as active as I should be. I caught a cold and was dealing with that, then I had to spend quite a while trying to figure out how to upload .ftp files for an HTML coding class. That... and I guess I sorta slipped off to do other things for a while. ::)))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:33:38 pm by Xvareon »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2016, 07:35:44 pm »

((I'd love to take over Kass' character, but I'd reeeeeeally hate to forsake the character I've got waiting. My hammer will taste blood and steel, and it will be delicious.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2016, 07:36:58 pm »

((Since Kassire's character is with my group, I can take him over for a while, at least until we can let him go without death. I believe Jean's action applies perfectly for this case:))
Wait for the beast to take the corpse a safe distance away, then check the half-track. Fire at hostiles in case things go wrong.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2016, 08:07:21 pm »

((I'll let someone from the waitlist take over if they want. Just say the word!))

((IMO, no one has been around long enough to justify properly existing. Honestly, just zap him out of existence, and put our next waitlister in his place. Don't even bother killing him off, just rub him out with your GM magic plot marker. We need an active player, not a deadweight NPC to drag around.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2016, 09:55:07 pm »

((Oh yeah, Dwarmin's idea is a pretty good one.))
>Yes?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Septerra - Rise of the Junkers (On hiatus)
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2016, 01:34:01 pm »

ANNOUNCEMENT

Well, after reading over my Turns document for the third time and still not feeling any particular drive to keep this going, I've decided to put this game on hiatus until further notice, or until another person steps forward to take it over. It's just not doing it for me like it was at the start, mainly because I've moved on to other creative works, like game coding. I had fun for a while, mind you, and lots of it. It's always good to see that I can get people excited about my ideas and through my writing. ^^  But now I'd like to focus my attention elsewhere.

I apologize to you all. I didn't really know how long I might be able to go with this; I was just following the "Eureka!" moment I had at the time. If anyone wants to take this game over, I'll gladly let them, and I can provide lore-related tips and suggestions on the way. I keep quite the collection. Septerra is a beautiful universe.

- (Disclaimer:  The ideas for this forum game mainly came from a very old, very underrated American RPG called Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator, property of Valkyrie Studios. It can be found on Steam these days, though you need to jump through a few hoops to get it working, since it requires files and programs that must be directly downloaded from elsewhere.)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Septerra - Rise of the Junkers (On hiatus)
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2016, 01:46:22 pm »

rip
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9