Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Am I amazin'?

Yes
- 1 (8.3%)
yes
- 0 (0%)
I will rip off your left testicle for no good reason!!!
- 7 (58.3%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 2 (16.7%)
Yes
- 1 (8.3%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 1 (8.3%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Eldrathion Dynasty game year 1 AB: king Estivor the rake  (Read 5447 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Eldrathion Dynasty game year 1 AB: king Estivor the rake
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2016, 02:15:02 pm »

Our army is doing well enough for now, maybe we should thank the gods, or maybe party... or do both! A religious holiday? Bleeding a herd of bulls over a fire and boiling a cup of wine out of each few barrels, and then feeding the people with the gods' leftovers? That should go well with both.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2016, 03:27:23 pm »

A knightly tournament so as to keep the army busy, not to increase it's numbers. It could get fiesty with nothing to do, you never know...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2016, 03:41:07 pm »

Religious festival with the army in maximum alert against "Hrelden infiltrators to prevent another debacle like the Independence holiday"? That'd please the gods, the feast and show of force would increase the people's happiness (except for the ones who inevitably get arrested for brawling and pickpocketing) and make the soldiers feel useful.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Eldrathion Dynasty game year 2 AB: king Estivor the rake
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2016, 02:21:07 am »

An immense festival is made, with religeous stuff, andthe guards all over the gaff.
[3+2=5]
It all goes slendidly, and the guards catch various ragamuffins who were trying to do nasty stuff.
2 AB, Early spring

you hear news that the gold mining in the dragonscale mountains has continued, already raking in profits.

2 AB, midspring

Your wife comes in to the throne room one day from her training yards.
"My dear, from what we can gather, a spy from Hrelden has come amongst us, and we have rounded up various suspects. Feel free to ask about them, so as to find out possible clues.

Baron Vincent Godfrey of Porthaven (him again)
Baron Nigel Sullivan of Hammerstone
Countess Mary Trelmoore of Elden
Sir Jonathan of Stonegate

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eldrathion Dynasty game year 2 AB: king Estivor the rake
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2016, 07:53:57 am »

This should rightly be work for the secret police, but there are two names that raise our eyebrow:
- Baron Vincent Godfrey of Porthaven, could he have been responsible for his predecessor's murder; an if so, why would our councillors nominate him?
- Countess Mary Trelmoore of Elden, for her surname's resemblance to "Hrelden"; could she have family connections there?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 07:56:25 am by Maegil »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2016, 08:00:24 am »

((You can change the thread's name on the OP, just changing the name in the current post doesn't affect the ones after))

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2016, 08:05:43 am »

The captain of the guard explains.
"There was a sighting of someone running along the rooftops, and he ducked into a window. No - one inside noticed who it was, which was understandable, since it was a meeting of several nobles. We rounded up all of the people who were in the room that the fellow ducked into, and the... Police realised that the fellow who ran into the window matches the guard's description of the assassin who tried to kill you a while back. We rounded them all up, and asked their testimony, but all of their statements are contradictory."
Suddelny the nobles start to talk at you.
Godfrey: "I'm fairly sure that no - one came through the window."
Sullivan: " I agree with Godfrey: I'm very sure that no - one came in."
Trelmoore: the window was forced ope, and someone got in, and I didn't see what happened next.
Sir Jonothan: "Someone knocked into me, and I fell, and then Sullivan helped me up, and then gpthe guards were on top of us!"

The captain then chips in:
"Sullivan and Godfrey are known to have had bad vision for a long time, so they might not have seen anything that happened. Jonathan is known for falling over a lot, after a battle with some nords a few years back, and Trelmolre is apparently... A bit... Eccentric, shall we say."
@ Meagil, I know, I just haven't got around to it yet.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2016, 09:05:22 am »

Separate them, so they cant hear the questioning of others. Ask what each was doing here, with whom they were talking, and who did they actually see in the room before that.

"Lady Trelmoore, you say that someone forced the window and came in. Who was it?"

"Sir Jonothan, how long was it between being bumped and being helped up by Lord Sullivan? Where was he at the time you were bowled to the floor?"

"Lord Godfrey, if you can't see well, how can you claim to be "fairly sure that no - one came through the window?"

"Lord Sullivan, if your sight is so bad, how come you can claim that another person with bad sight is right? Where were you to see Sir Jonothan on the floor? How could you see him, but no-one else around him?"

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2016, 09:16:26 am »

Sullivan:  but Godfrey wears glasses. I don't... Think, that I saw anything happen... Although, Vincent closed the window at some point, so no - one could have gotten in. And, Sir Jonothan landed beside me, so I couldn't help but see him.
Godfrey: Exactly. Once I had closed the window no - one could have gotten in. And I am fairly sure that no - one came in before then, but I- where are my glasses?
Lady Trelmoore I just said, I didn't see what happened next. The figure was wearing a cloak, so I couldn't see a thing.
Jonothan:Sullivan's right, I fell oncthe ground beside him. He was near Godfrey when it happened. Godfrey was asking where his glasses had gone, If I recall correctly. When I was bumped down... I landed beside Sullivan, and he almost immediately picked me up, once he saw me down on the ground.
Godfrey: Seriously, where are my glasses?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2016, 09:40:14 am »

((I wanted them separated precisely so they couldn't hear or interact with each other. That's in Questioning 101, the basics dammit...))

"I'm this far from putting you all under arrest for conspiracy, treason and attempted regicide were it not for the possibility that one or more of you are actually being framed by the guilty parties. The guards will take you to separate rooms, and you'll jog your memories and think veeeery carefully about what to say and how to do your utmost to help this investigation, to dispel suspicion from yourselves. Guards, take them away to separate interrogation rooms and don't let them speak to anyone."

Let them stew for a while and ask our wife's opinion.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:39:42 am by Maegil »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2016, 06:30:33 am »

I won't be doing this for today, busy with rl stuff. Brb.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2016, 02:08:34 am »

You have them moved to seperate rooms where they can stew for a bit. You then ask your wife about what she thinks of this dreadful business.
"I don't really want to be influencing politics due to... Previous experience. But if you are serious, I will say this: I have never trusted Sullivan, from the moment I arrived here first. He always seems to be... Dissapearing, a lot."

((I'm back! I went back to having a life for a bit, and now that mid - term is over, I am back. Sad face.))
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2016, 09:03:28 am »

((I'm back! I went back to having a life for a bit, and now that mid - term is over, I am back. happy face.))
FIFY
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2016, 12:51:14 pm »

Hoi!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2016, 01:57:27 am »

Bump
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8