Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Am I amazin'?

Yes
- 1 (8.3%)
yes
- 0 (0%)
I will rip off your left testicle for no good reason!!!
- 7 (58.3%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 2 (16.7%)
Yes
- 1 (8.3%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 1 (8.3%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Eldrathion Dynasty game year 1 AB: king Estivor the rake  (Read 5450 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Eldrathion Dynasty game year 1 AB: King Estovir the Rake
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2016, 07:58:15 am »

What happened to the mouse warrior wife? Don't we get to hear her nagging for a command, test her as it was done to Sun Tzu, or get her strategic counselling unbidden?
You have a good point. She will appear later, although I had completely forgotten.
Gimmea tick...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2016, 07:32:38 pm »

B I change my mind. Probably because i'm not as sleepy as I was when I voted for A.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2016, 04:12:41 am »

Sorry, died there for a bit. It will stay that way, unfortunately, until monday, as I am in county Limerick right now.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2016, 04:33:37 am »

I've been to the city a bit over ten years ago, but missed the countryside.
I heard they have some great ham but unfortunately I ended up missing out on it, and to this day I'm curious about how good it may be; please get some and PM me the taste, will you?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2016, 10:21:30 am »

B
We're "Estovir the Rake", so let's be good rakes and hunt close to the ground - use the increased army to build border fortifications while we send agents to cripple the Hreldens as mush as possible. Burn crops, poison garrison wells and the horses' feed, assassinate staff officers and if possible their "emperor", set fire to the harbour facilities upwind of their docked ships, attack prisons and let the prisoners get to the guards' weapons while our agents disappear, that kind of thing.
If they attack, we'll face them with our defensive alliance and the new forts; if they don't, we'll bleed them white before attacking ourselves.
+1

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Eldrathion Dynasty game year 1 AB: !!MOVED TO ANOTHER THREAD!!
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2016, 02:01:48 am »

I have moved this to the 1000000th post Anniversary thread, where I shall try and sort out the things that I was having a hard time with. Making the choices was an issue, since they were sometimes hard, and y'all usually came up with better. See me there!

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Eldrathion Dynasty game year 1 AB: king Estivor the rake
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2016, 08:01:03 am »

Nvrmind. Back here.

1AB, mid summer

you begin your work.
Although Beatrice is currently pregnant, she is still here, and wants to have some form of command over the armies. You aren't sure how to break it to her that armies win't be involved yet. You construct various border fortresses, and send a small army of spies over to Hrelden on a ship hidden by magic spells. When the ship comes back, it still has all of the spies on board. They explain in panicky voices that most of the areas around Hrelden have been invaded and assimilated, and they know have an army in the high thousands. What do you do now?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2016, 08:24:31 am »

((Since this isn't a pre-programmed video game the GM choices are useful and can be seen as guidelines, but we can refine them or suggest other things. The best of both worlds! :) ))

Kiss the wife and rejoice, but tell her that she can't take the field until we have two male heirs and a female princess; in the meanwhile she's welcome to found a war college to educate new officers - and herself.

Tell a servant to bring us a map of the realm and whereabouts. Why are we building border fortresses if we haven't got a land border with them - and if we do, why did all the spies try to go by ship instead of most of them infiltrating by land? Intelligence is fundamental; we should get a spy master to handle the underhanded and set up proper espionage rings in other countries.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2016, 09:12:07 am »

During the last while, I was under a bit of stress regarding the choices, so my arm is now in the form of your advisors giving you advice. Also, no things like "I ascend to godhood".
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2016, 09:28:40 am »

Right then, double post.
I have made a quick map, please excuse my crap handwrighting. Will make proper one in a bit.
Spoiler:  WARNING big image (click to show/hide)
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2016, 10:54:18 am »

((Thanks, it'll do for now, and it made things much clearer. Since what you posted on the other thread was marked "late Summer", I expect that it still doesn't count.))
Since we have such an extensive coastline, we must have a strong navy.
Build shipyards - a major one in the capital and smaller ones on our bigger cities.
If our wood isn't good enough, see if there is a way to ship it from Kallackatackey.

Appoint a Spy Master, and tell him to send agents again. Get him to understand that we already know that Hrelden has big, aggressive armed forces, and that their mission is to make their army and navy smaller, hungry, weaker, and without commanders, with poison, sabotage, fire, internal dissension, treason, assassinations, whatever can be arranged. Because they're so strong, Hrelden is to be bled white.
Since we're at it, tell him to set up a good counter-intelligence force so the same can't be easily done to us.

Send envoys to the other nations, and propose a defensive league against Hrelden aggression - if they attack one member, all other nations must also declare war.

Whose is that island in the middle of the bay?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2016, 11:23:09 am »

The island is elves.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2016, 11:37:02 am »

Send an envoy to see if they have sexy buxom females also invite them into the league.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2016, 11:39:54 am »

I'm going to wait for one more person to giva an idea...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2016, 08:35:57 am »

I wanted to wait, but oh well...

You announce the overhaul of shipyards in the capital and other key ports around the nation.
You also get the master of spies to send everything the kingdom has in the form of spies to find a way of killing Hrelden from the inside. He bows, and leaves, hurriedly.

You send envoys to speak with the other nations. The strong, light, wood from the Kallackwald are soon being imported, and alliances are made. Gelrand sends it's regards, along with a very long letter describing all of the ways it will repay everyone if everyone sends help.
A ship is sent to the island in the centre of the bay.
And now, you wait.

1 AB, Late summer,

Summer passes moslty without incident, although few of the spies have contacted you yet.
One day, your wife wakes up in agonizong pain. One labour later, your first son is born! She asks you what name shall he bapear, as she is too sick to think clearly yet.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8