Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60197 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D3
« Reply #435 on: November 08, 2016, 03:06:13 am »

Anybody opposed to a massclaim? I'd be down for it.

So am I, but I'm worried about how easy it would be to fake a lot of the roles.

Well TBF did just that with the JOAT claim so... if anyone has information like fillipk did with the "TBF murdered FoU" thing, that'd be useful.

I am really not comfortable with the way TWS is pushing the fillipk is SK angle... I'm not seeing it.

Also nonplussed that he suggests we've got all the mafia. For some reason I think there's two mafia teams...

PPE: I wasn't RB'd last night so... yeah. Successful action and all that. I personally thought I was a good NK target, what with the whole "I can kill folk during the day and night" thing... not that it matters now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 08, 2016, 06:34:26 am »

Oh, nice one, Filipk. Unvote

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 08, 2016, 06:42:45 am »

Imic: Did you get an action off last night, and if so, was it a bus?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 08, 2016, 09:52:13 am »

Since so many people have been flipping mafia, I checked the list for roles that affect flips. What I found:

Brainwasher (mafia; super-rare; 6+ players): When you make the mafia kill, there is a chance you will instead brainwash your target into becoming part of the mafia and then die. The player you brainwash retains their original role.
Various Death Millers (generic, cop, vig)
Recruiter (mafia; super-rare; 9+ players): You have a one-shot ability to recruit another player into the mafia, turning them into a Mafioso. This counts as the mafia kill the night you use it. If you die, the recruited player also dies.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help us much. Unless lots of people were death millers?

Shakerag: If someone died as a vigilante death miller, what would that role look like when they flipped after dying? Would it still read vigilante death miller or would it be a mafioso? Would it just be a generic mafioso or could it be one of the variants? (And the same goes for other death miller roles). Is the specific death miller role the only one affected or are all roles that a player has affected?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 08, 2016, 11:20:36 am »

Shakerag: If someone died as a vigilante death miller, what would that role look like when they flipped after dying? Would it still read vigilante death miller or would it be a mafioso? Would it just be a generic mafioso or could it be one of the variants? (And the same goes for other death miller roles). Is the specific death miller role the only one affected or are all roles that a player has affected?
Basically, any death miller-ish abilities would show up in the roleflip.  The flipped alignment and wincon would be altered by the ability.  No other abilities would be modified, because any alignment could have any ability (even if xylbot says they only apply to one alignment).

So, in theory, a mafia role could have a vig death miller ability and would still show up as mafia on death.  A town role could have the same ability, but would show up as mafia on death.

Does that answer your questions?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 08, 2016, 12:25:06 pm »

Anybody opposed to a massclaim? I'd be down for it.

So am I, but I'm worried about how easy it would be to fake a lot of the roles.

What about a flavor massclaim? Seems like that would be a bit harder to fake

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 08, 2016, 12:46:47 pm »

Yes. I bussed wetsheep and thebiggerfish, just to see what would happen, really.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 08, 2016, 02:36:08 pm »

I see you noticed it.

Okay I have reason to believe TWS, Imic, Hector and UXLZ are all town which leaves two possible candidates for being mafia.  Juicebox and TDS.  Would both of you kindly claim your roles so we can sort this out.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 08, 2016, 03:10:32 pm »

Hector:
Also nonplussed that he suggests we've got all the mafia. For some reason I think there's two mafia teams...
Despite the fact that there was only one kill the first night, and none the second? How many mafia do you think would be in the game?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 08, 2016, 03:23:12 pm »

I see you noticed it.

Okay I have reason to believe TWS, Imic, Hector and UXLZ are all town which leaves two possible candidates for being mafia.  Juicebox and TDS.  Would both of you kindly claim your roles so we can sort this out.

I'm an Explosive Space-time Anomaly - Town.
Wincon: I win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, and Assassin)

Unlynchable (auto): If I am lynched, I will return to life.
Suicide Bomber (day): I can suicide-bomb a player during the day, killing me and my target.
Timewarp (auto): I live in a zone of slow time. All actions targeting me have their effect delayed until the following day/night.
Amnesiac <something> (??): I have lost my memory. I might eventually regain it. An Amnesiac has a 1 in 3 chance of regaining his memory each morning.
Nexus (auto): Any ability targeting me will target a random player instead. (It might randomly end up still targeting me.)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 08, 2016, 06:13:18 pm »

Yes. I bussed wetsheep and thebiggerfish, just to see what would happen, really.

Do bussers get confirmation if their action is successful? Fairly certain they do.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 08, 2016, 06:17:31 pm »

TDS's role claim makes me hesitate to lynch him regardless of wether I think he's lying or not.  Juicebox care to join these claims?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 08, 2016, 08:10:40 pm »

I am Herbert West with a Badge
Town
Wincon: I win when all anti-town factions are dead (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, and Assasin)

Evolver (auto): Each day I get a new ability at random.

Vice Cop (night, night): I can inspect or roleblock someone at night (This inspect is guaranteed to be sane)

Hospital Director (1-shot day): Once during the game, I can see how many doctors are alive.

Mystery <something> (night): This ability does something. I don't know what it is.

Cop (night): I can inspect another player to learn their alignment. (This inspect is not guaranteed to be sane.)

Reviver (auto): I revive once after I die.

Ascetic (auto): I'm immune to non-kill actions.

The mystery, cop and ascetic abilities I gained from evolver, and I got the reviver ability after weirdo died. In fact, the ability that have me reviver is the exact same as UXLZ's

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 08, 2016, 08:16:00 pm »

Every bugger is going to claim unlynchable or unkillable or some such. This seems like a fairly pointless task... don't think we have much else to go on though.

Hector:
Despite the fact that there was only one kill the first night, and none the second? How many mafia do you think would be in the game?

Four at the very most. Doesn't really mean anything though does it? I have a kill and I'm not scum. TDS claimed a kill and that he's not scum.

Neither scum player had a kill ability, though I am presently assuming the mafia kill is a separate, unlisted ability. (Shakerag: is it separate + unlisted??)

There may have been a bit of reticence on the part of any non-town to kill given yesterday's events, too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 08, 2016, 08:24:51 pm »

I'm going to use the hospital director ability now to see what comes up. Maybe we can use it to check for fakeclaims.

Oh also, I got the mystery ability first, then the inspect. Ascetic I just got today
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35