Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60231 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2016, 09:59:31 pm »

@hector:No.  Why do you think I should be, if there's nothing to pressure anyone on yet?  We're still in RVS, it's hard to apply pressure in that stage.

UXLZ:How do you even figure that would work?

Wouldn't you want to ask who the person people think is least scum is?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2016, 10:03:08 pm »

Shakerag: Is it possible there are no Mafia in this game?
It is possible.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2016, 10:04:13 pm »

How do you expect to find something to pressure someone if you don't pressure them? Content needs to be generated, it won't happen if everyone twiddles their willies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2016, 10:06:21 pm »

How do you expect to find something to pressure someone if you don't pressure them? Content needs to be generated, it won't happen if everyone twiddles their willies.
Amazingly enough, lack of content is still a thing you can pressure someone about.

But everyone's been posting, mostly, so we're basically still in the random flailing stages.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2016, 10:10:07 pm »

Do some flailing then :P

It doesn't have to have any support behind it, just make someone say something. Even if they don't say anything that looks interesting now that can be built from, it'll be something that can be analyzed later when we have more information in the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2016, 10:10:58 pm »

@hector:Oh hey, look at what I'm doing.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2016, 10:12:51 pm »

Padding your post count? Choose three people and ask them questions. Preferably not at random.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2016, 10:17:42 pm »

Hector:Do you think that asking random questions actually helps, or do you just do it?

FoU:Name the three least visible people here.  As in, when you think of the players, you aren't thinking of them.

Hector again:What do you think of that question?
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2016, 10:39:03 pm »

I'll be PFPing because I was BUSY and warning ahead that my activity until Saturday will consist of replying to practicality and power using. Because exams + thesis + STORM.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2016, 11:21:03 pm »

Hector:Do you think that asking random questions actually helps, or do you just do it?

Hector again:What do you think of that question?
[/quote]

Depends on the question. The goal of RVS is to get out of it as fast as possible. You're not going to do that by failing to ask questions.

Your question to FoU was a good one. You're asking someone to think of players who aren't contributing, and the logical follow through with that should be to get those players in the game. It may not work out that way, but at least you're trying.

Choose another person to ask a question to :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2016, 11:23:45 pm »

Oooookay, claiming here
I've extremely little of an active power role. All my roles otherwise are autos--although I'm strangely like a mirror-rock o_O (ie Revives once; Poison immune[?]; some kind of brother-connection that I'm alive as long as {this other dude is alive} but that doesn't discard that I can revive once for some reason; aaaaand I can inspect! But can be non-sane -_-}

Yeah I'm power-role-less :I

OK shifting back to day-hunter playstyle.

...I'll make a post later on because exam in 1 hour and 30 minutes :I

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2016, 11:25:36 pm »

Hector: I chose you.

What are your three least noticed people?

Tiruin:Whoa, that was a bit sudden.  Why?
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2016, 11:28:14 pm »

Tiruin:Whoa, that was a bit sudden.  Why?
Because I'm a very strange person (...that is my role :V not ME!) and I don't want people to waste their stuffs on me. In which I do state that please do NOT target me unless you want your role to be switched to something new [also I won't claim this one thing on principle {ie Subjective} because I'm all bleh about it; it affects perception of alignment]

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2016, 11:37:10 pm »

TheDarkStar:How high are ye

1387 m (4551 feet)

Why do you ask?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2016, 11:38:18 pm »

Filipk:
TWS do you find anything surprising about the role I made up in my previous post.  If you could swap your role for the role I made up would you?  How about if everybody knew you swapped for that role?
Yeah, it looks like an SK fakeclaim. Why is that?  The other questions involve subtle rolefishing, so I won't answer them.
Honestly the powers just looked interesting if I was going to make a SK fake claim I wouldn't post it now.  I respect you for not answering the other questions.  This has been noted.

WeLl ObViOuSlY eVeRy OtHeR lEtTeR iS cApItAlIzEd. DoEs It BoThEr YoU how i FoRmAtTeD tHiS pOsT?

In the vein of a professional wrestling audience upon viewing a botch, you fucked up! you fucked up! you fucked up!

fillipk: you are a cop, with a night investigation. Who do you investigate if night were to fall right now?

Just so we're clear if you take out the how the pattern works.  It was intentional.  As for your question weirdo or Iminic.  I think since their not posting one of them will end up lynched so I'd inspect the other.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35