Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 60188 times)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2016, 05:30:15 pm »

Alrigh'ty, Lets ask some queshtions... *Drunken burp*,
TheDarkStar:How high are ye
FallacyofUrist:Are ye a vampire?
Imic:Running outta them questions
Tiruin:If ye were an Ayylien, who'dya abduckt?
Weirdo:IF ye were A cultist, who'd ye convert first.
hector13:If ye were A werewolf, Who'd ya go after?
TheWetSheep:If You were Vigilante, WHo would Ye be after first
juicebox:If you were a SK, who would ye target
fillipk:Wanna Come to my house or a drink?

UXLZ:If Ye Had a Daykill, Would you use it, and on who?
TheBiggerFish:If Ye Were Mafia, Who would ye go fer first?
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2016, 06:56:15 pm »

FallacyofUrist:Are ye a vampire?

No, good sir. Actually, [REDACTED].
~~~
FoU If YoU hAd A mYsTeRy AbIlItY wOuLd YoU uSe It?

Depends on how useful my non mystery abilities were. Also, mind telling me what's up with the lettering in this post?
~~~
FoU: If you were mafia, who would you kill tonight?
Might change if this day goes oddly, but my preliminary picks from right now would be either you, Tiruin, or hector, based simply off of your experience.
~~~
fillipk: Have a question then. Hypothetical scenario: you have an auto ability that is detrimental to everybody. Would you prefer to keep it, given it also harms your foes, or would you prefer to get it removed in some manner?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2016, 08:06:26 pm »

@filipk:Myself, because I don't like nested hypotheticals.

No, probably still FoU.
Now elaborate please
Gut feel and random picking, mostly, because I haven't had enough time to really see what's going on yet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2016, 08:09:00 pm »

Er, Reyn, are you trying to roleplay or something?

That's.

Not exactly a good thing to be doing, you know?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2016, 08:16:23 pm »

I'm not sure you should really be criticizing folks for their play man.

This time it seems like a post restriction, but he could be pulling something silly.

Anyhow... in answer to his question, I'd go after Tiruin.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2016, 08:52:21 pm »

fillipk: Have a question then. Hypothetical scenario: you have an auto ability that is detrimental to everybody. Would you prefer to keep it, given it also harms your foes, or would you prefer to get it removed in some manner?
If I was scum you better bet I'm keeping it.  Same with most third parties.  If I'm town then I'll probably get rid of it.

ReynTheLord
fillipk:Wanna Come to my house or a drink?
As long as its non-alcoholic

FoU If YoU hAd A mYsTeRy AbIlItY wOuLd YoU uSe It?

Depends on how useful my non mystery abilities were. Also, mind telling me what's up with the lettering in this post?

WeLl ObViOuSlY eVeRy OtHeR lEtTeR iS cApItAlIzEd. DoEs It BoThEr YoU how i FoRmAtTeD tHiS pOsT?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2016, 09:01:35 pm »

I kinda doubt there are any post restrictions, seeing as the roles are taken from Xylbot.

Filipk:
TWS do you find anything surprising about the role I made up in my previous post.  If you could swap your role for the role I made up would you?  How about if everybody knew you swapped for that role?
Yeah, it looks like an SK fakeclaim. Why is that? The other questions involve subtle rolefishing, so I won't answer them.

Reyn:
TheWetSheep:If You were Vigilante, WHo would Ye be after first
Hector because he's scum.

Hector:
TWS
I asked him why he focused on what he saw as a non-sequitur as opposed to you asking questions to only three of the players, TDS asking questions of no-one and throwing a vote back at you for voting him, and FoU asking hypothetical questions. Of all the things that had happened at that point, content was unlikely to be generated by asking someone about their speculation on a post-restriction.
Seems a little weak, don't you think? I mean, this is less than a page into RVS. And if those things you mentioned were as question-worthy as you say they are, why did you yourself only talk about the post restriction?

I found something else to pick up on at the time. I have since pressured FoU regarding those questions, and TDS has posted some of his own. You haven't followed up on your initial questions, why not?
Some of them haven't been answered, others aren't helpful. RVS questions don't have much inherent value, I'm totally fine with letting them go.

Also, how does it not matter what I was talking about? I'm going to jump on people for the way they try to generate content irrespective of who they're doing it to. I misinterpreted what was happening, aye, but that doesn't change the fact not much content is going to be generated by asking someone about their speculation another player has an amusing post-restriction, is it?
I wasn't challenging the validity of your argument, I was saying that it's suspicious that you focused so much on critiquing TBF's questions to you. Also, if you care so much about proper content-generation, why haven't you challenged any one else on it?

Demonstrably false. I challenged UXLZ on their "choose three people at random" question, and FoU's hypotheticals.[/quote]Sorry, I meant to say, 'why hadn't you challenged anyone else on it'. Those examples came after my vote on you.

Anyway, most of the folk who had posted had actually asked questions at that point, most of which had something to do with the game or some facet thereof.

TBF asked me about a throw-away comment, that would not generate content.
It's funny because your posts were equally content-less at that point.

You seem to be in the word-twisting business, though whether that's to draw a reaction from the questionee or something more nefarious... too early to tell.
Are you trying to accuse me without actually starting an argument here or what?

Thinking out loud, and bringing it to the attention of others. Since you brought it up, though, perhaps you'd like to comment. How will twisting someone's words help you find scum?
I'm not sure I agree that asking you an agressively worded question is word-twisting - I'm giving you the opportunity to respond, after all. But either way, you said it yourself in the bold there.

Weirdo, Imic: You guys are kind of in the deep end here, but please try to contribute some. It's not really okay to just sit back and watch a game that you signed up to play in.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2016, 09:06:13 pm »

(I'm trying to be drunk, ok? If you don't want me to be drunk, That's fine.)
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2016, 09:07:03 pm »

(I'm trying to be drunk, ok? If you don't want me to be drunk, That's fine.)
You really shouldn't be drunk.  Mafia is best played sober.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2016, 09:11:17 pm »

WeLl ObViOuSlY eVeRy OtHeR lEtTeR iS cApItAlIzEd. DoEs It BoThEr YoU how i FoRmAtTeD tHiS pOsT?
[/quote]

In the vein of a professional wrestling audience upon viewing a botch, you fucked up! you fucked up! you fucked up!

fillipk: you are a cop, with a night investigation. Who do you investigate if night were to fall right now?

TBF: are you going to pressure anyone at all today?

FoU: tell me one thing each of your hypothetical questions (that was not asked to every ody) has revealed in its answer.

PPE: TWS: this is getting tiresome. If you're going to ignore things I've done after you voted me - during RVS no less - what's the point in me responding? You're certainty that I'm scum after having pressured only me and interacted minimally with other people is laughable.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2016, 09:14:22 pm »

Weirdo, Imic: You guys are kind of in the deep end here, but please try to contribute some. It's not really okay to just sit back and watch a game that you signed up to play in.
You aren't the GM.
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2016, 09:19:49 pm »

You aren't the GM.
And you won't be in the game long with that attitude.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2016, 09:20:48 pm »

UXLZ:If Ye Had a Daykill, Would you use it, and on who?

I'd save it. If I was town, and inevitably going to be lynched, I'd kill myself.

I'm fine with Reyn talking however the hell they feel like talking.

hector13:

You are certain you will survive until the end of the game. Do you go for a long-haul gambit, or play each day as it comes?

Shakerag: Is it possible there are no Mafia in this game?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2016, 09:24:40 pm »

On the "choose three people at random," it was an experiment that will bear no fruit because only two people bothered to answer. The intent was to ask that question at the start of every game I'm in for a reasonably long period of time, before collecting all the results and seeing if there was a skew. The idea is that a town-affiliated or third-party person who doesn't know anyone else's role will be more random than a scum player who is aware of their teammate's identities. They might be conscious about it, and select one or two scum players intentionally rather than something truly "random".

Of course, it may have been totally useless information. That's why it was an experiment.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2016, 09:36:59 pm »

Reyn: If I were an sk, I wouldn't really have a specific target. My strategy would be to scumhunt and seem as town as possible, but try to get to lylo, at which point I would start really targeting people.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35